7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 4, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #1,471 of 4,265
I concur with a writer in this thread that wide bore silicone tips work better with the Timeless. Here with Sennheiser IE pro tips. Better high-frequency presentation than the Spinfit CP-100 than I had them initially IMO.
20220104_110459.jpg

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #1,472 of 4,265
My medium sized SpinFit CP100 tips arrived in the mail. The fit is perfect. The bass is now less boomy and goes as deep as possible. Upper treble seems to be a little more relaxed then on KZ Starline tips. These babies are good but if you got Starline tips they're basically 90% as good.

Jan 4, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,473 of 4,265
My medium sized SpinFit CP100 tips arrived in the mail. The fit is perfect. The bass is now less boomy and goes as deep as possible. Upper treble seems to be a little more relaxed then on KZ Starline tips. These babies are good but if you got Starline tips they're basically 90% as good.
Cp100 or cp100 plus you have? Waiting mine so thanks for sharing.

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #1,474 of 4,265
Cp100 or cp100 plus you have? Waiting mine so thanks for sharing.
CP100 and CP100+ are basically identical as to sound and shape/fit. CP100+ are a little bit more grippy, that's the difference, I think they use a slightly different silicone. CP100+ might be very slightly thinner and lighter, but I'm talking 0.02g (0.39g vs 0.37g). I don't notice any difference in sound between them, I have tried both on the Timeless.

Jan 4, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #1,477 of 4,265
I felt that I got better dynamic control and resolution with balanced, but that's probably because my amp has twice the power output for balanced vs unbalanced. More power = better for the Timeless.

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #1,478 of 4,265
Can anyone explain the differences between the various stock tips provided?

Jan 5, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #1,479 of 4,265
I felt that I got better dynamic control and resolution with balanced, but that's probably because my amp has twice the power output for balanced vs unbalanced. More power = better for the Timeless.
Well I got a Fiio LC-RC yesterday that has a replaceable balanced ending so I'll give it a try on my M11.
Now about this wire it seems to me that it opens up the stage a bit improving separation. Of course previous posts here mentioned that the LC-RC attenuates the bass a bit. But overall I think it does not make much a difference in the low register. It just makes the whole presentation a little more neutral and the bass more detailed. Still experimenting.
Anybody still using this cable with the Timeless?

Voila:
20220105_164039.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #1,480 of 4,265
Alright my Timeless Friends. We've been on this planar journey together and I like the majority of you absolutely adore my Timeless. As I've written on more than a few occaisions, I've been through more than my fair share of planar IEMs nad have spent considerable dollars buying selling sampling and trading them. By and large I've really liked all of them and loved a few, with the only exception being the the Cupid - just couldn't get along with that one.
The only one I regretted selling was the IMR EDP (Every Day Planar). It was exquisite. Not a bass monster but with a 9mm Titanium DD and 10mm Planar it was the most liquid, musical and natural IEM I ever owned. Only 99 were ever made and I was fortunate to get my hands on 2 sets of them. Probably the best drum reproduction I ever heard. Anyway, I loved them. Well, Bob at IMR just announced he's re-releasing them with an upgraded DD. This time he's putting his 10mm CNT ADLC dynamic in place of the 9mm titanium but sticking with the same planar. Wow, if you've read any of the reviews about the IMR SOR (Splash of Red) that @Ace Bee is enamoured with, its the same driver but with that planar running in Tandem. I'm excited! I don't know how many IMR will make but it will be limited and Bob has opened up a registration page to get in line to be notified when when pre-order starts. If you're on the list, you're guaranteed a build slot. All of his IEM are build to order and I'm telling you, without even hearing it, it's going to be a winner. That CNT ADLC DD has been highly regarded. The EDP Planar was highly regarded and now he's putting the two together.
EDIT: I just went back and re-read the decription, there's also a bone conduction driver in there. Very early in this timeless thread one of the things I wrote, was that if 7Hz took the current timeless and added BC to it, I'd buy the first one. I may not be first in line but I'm number 14 for the EDP!

Check it out: https://imracoustics.com/collections/instock/products/edp-ace

Incidently, my IMR RAH is now for sale. This was another beauty 15mm DD + 12mm Planar + 10mm Piezo - one of my all time favorites and musical bass head beast. I converted it from Universal to CIEM at itsfit labs, who tuned it to perfection so if you'd like to get an Incredible CIEM or even a custom Universal PM me me a let's talk. We could make a deal where I send them straight to itsfit, while you send ear molds at the same time (or just order as a Universal). Anyway they are awesome but I'm going to finally part with them. Ping me if you're curious or interested.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #1,481 of 4,265
Well I got a Fiio LC-RC yesterday that has a replaceable balanced ending so I'll give it a try on my M11.
Now about this wire it seems to me that it opens up the stage a bit improving separation. Of course previous posts here mentioned that the LC-RC attenuates the bass a bit. But overall I think it does not make much a difference in the low register. It just makes the whole presentation a little more neutral and the bass more detailed. Still experimenting.
Anybody still using this cable with the Timeless?

Voila:
Thanks for reporting back. Something up with my LC-RC sample then. My sample absolutely, undoubtedly attenuates the low end. It isn't just a balance thing from tightening the bass and opening up the mids and treble or anything like that. It flat out attenuates the bass by several db's. It's not related to high resistance either because the LC-RC meters below 0.2 ohms. I tried both 4.4mm and 2.5mm plugs (didnt try 3.5mm). Example ... Timeless, with it's stock cable or the Tripowin Altea cable that I'm currently using, has a good bit more bass than my Dunu Zen. That also coincides with FR graphs between these two iems. With the Fiio LC-RC Timeless has notably less bass quantity compared to Dunu Zen. Really strange. Maybe I'll just send it back and try another one.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #1,482 of 4,265
Thanks for reporting back. Something up with my LC-RC sample then. My sample absolutely, undoubtedly attenuates the low end. It isn't just a balance thing from tightening the bass and opening up the mids and treble or anything like that. It flat out attenuates the bass by several db's. It's not related to high resistance either because the LC-RC meters below 0.2 ohms. I tried both 4.4mm and 2.5mm plugs (didnt try 3.5mm). Example ... Timeless, with it's stock cable or the Tripowin Altea cable that I'm currently using, has a good bit more bass than my Dunu Zen. That also coincides with FR graphs between these two iems. With the Fiio LC-RC Timeless has notably less bass quantity compared to Dunu Zen. Really strange. Maybe I'll just send it back and try another one.
Interesting actually how and why it happens. I for example use fiio fd 5 cable that is also high quality cooper plated silver litz type and for me it is really good sounding makes timeless more balanced clear and bass tight ( for my ears) so another fiio cable should also work good but this bass correction doesnt sound good. Or could be good only for some

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #1,483 of 4,265
Which cable did you end up using with Timeless?

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #1,484 of 4,265
Alright my Timeless Friends. We've been on this planar journey together and I like the majority of you absolutely adore my Timeless. As I've written on more than a few occaisions, I've been through more than my fair share of planar IEMs nad have spent considerable dollars buying selling sampling and trading them. By and large I've really liked all of them and loved a few, with the only exception being the the Cupid - just couldn't get along with that one.
The only one I regretted selling was the IMR EDP (Every Day Planar). It was exquisite. Not a bass monster but with a 9mm Titanium DD and 10mm Planar it was the most liquid, musical and natural IEM I ever owned. Only 99 were ever made and I was fortunate to get my hands on 2 sets of them. Probably the best drum reproduction I ever heard. Anyway, I loved them. Well, Bob at IMR just announced he's re-releasing them with an upgraded DD. This time he's putting his 10mm CNT ADLC dynamic in place of the 9mm titanium but sticking with the same planar. Wow, if you've read any of the reviews about the IMR SOR (Splash of Red) that @Ace Bee is enamoured with, its the same driver but with that planar running in Tandem. I'm excited! I don't know how many IMR will make but it will be limited and Bob has opened up a registration page to get in line to be notified when when pre-order starts. If you're on the list, you're guaranteed a build slot. All of his IEM are build to order and I'm telling you, without even hearing it, it's going to be a winner. That CNT ADLC DD has been highly regarded. The EDP Planar was highly regarded and now he's putting the two together.

Check it out: https://imracoustics.com/collections/instock/products/edp-ace

Incidently, my IMR RAH is now for sale. This was another beauty 15mm DD + 12mm Planar + 10mm Piezo - one of my all time favorites and musical bass head beast. I converted it from Universal to CIEM at itsfit labs, who tuned it to perfection so if you'd like to get an Incredible CIEM or even a custom Universal PM me me a let's talk. We could make a deal where I send them straight to itsfit, while you send ear molds at the same time (or just order as a Universal). Anyway they are awesome but I'm going to finally part with them. Ping me if you're curious or interested.

The Ace also has a bone conduction motor. If it is a improved EDP I'm all in.

The Zenith is intriguing with the big DD + Piezo but the fit probably is terrible like the OG. These days I rarely use them due to fit but since I have new cables I'll give it a try again.

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #1,485 of 4,265
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back