7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 1, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #1,441 of 4,269
Would the Fiio LC-RC do with Timeless?
I’ve not heard that cable but it looks nice:)

To be honest the stock cable is just fine. Burn in of the driver has the most benefit!

I’ve swapped between the rhyme and the stock after 150hrs of burn in and not much difference between them when I a/b them the other day. I appreciate the look of the stock cable more but the rhyme has better ergonomics.

I say go with the cable that makes you happy.

YMMV

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #1,442 of 4,269
I concur, timeless is at the bottom of my stable but definitely a keeper. It’s wonderful for bad recordings as it is classical to jazz. It does have issues resolving in busy sections of tracks however…I’m waiting on my 8-core Graphene cable to arrive to see if this helps
It should. I've noticed a significant improvement with the 8-core graphene when it comes to resolving busy passages. My benchmark is Savant on Mushrooms. There are sections that are just insanely fast and most IEMs and headphones can't keep up. Even something like Mark Lettieri - Magnetar just doesn't sound clean enough typically, but the graphene cable helps really separate all of the instruments.

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #1,443 of 4,269
It should. I've noticed a significant improvement with the 8-core graphene when it comes to resolving busy passages. My benchmark is Savant on Mushrooms. There are sections that are just insanely fast and most IEMs and headphones can't keep up. Even something like Mark Lettieri - Magnetar just doesn't sound clean enough typically, but the graphene cable helps really separate all of the instruments.
I’ll def try those out once my cable arrives. Thank you for the rec’s :)

Jan 1, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #1,444 of 4,269
Would the Fiio LC-RC do with Timeless?
That cable significantly reduced the bass with Timeless. Several db's. I was thinking that maybe I got a bad cable but I metered it and it's below 0.2 ohms (every "leg"). I'm a bit disappointed because it's a nice cable and has the swappable plugs. If you decide to try it anyway, please report back with what you find. I'm still shaking my head as to how much it attenuated the bass. Still wondering if I got a problematic sample of the LC-RC somehow.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #1,445 of 4,269
That cable significantly reduced the bass with Timeless. Several db's. I was thinking that maybe I got a bad cable but I metered it and it's below 0.2 ohms (every "leg"). I'm a bit disappointed because it's a nice cable and has the swappable plugs. If you decide to try it anyway, please report back with what you find. I'm still shaking my head as to how much it attenuated the bass. Still wondering if I got a problematic sample of the LC-RC somehow.
Sure I am waiting for one to arrive next week.

Jan 1, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #1,448 of 4,269
I’ve not heard that cable but it looks nice:)

To be honest the stock cable is just fine. Burn in of the driver has the most benefit!

I’ve swapped between the rhyme and the stock after 150hrs of burn in and not much difference between them when I a/b them the other day. I appreciate the look of the stock cable more but the rhyme has better ergonomics.

I say go with the cable that makes you happy.

YMMV
I have the LC-RE (OG) paired with the Timeless and I am really enjoying both the aesthetics and the sound.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #1,449 of 4,269
looks like this guy really impressed by timeless. And we all know why. It's not ideal but still unique and must have, who still hasn't yet. Really is there anyone who hasn't? :)

That review demonstrates the importance of tip rolling. All of the stock tips enhance either the treble, the bass or both. Based on the tips I tested I think you can easily manage to get a pretty neutral sound signature with very basic tips made of thin silicone material (both for the bore and the flange). For me then it can get very very close to a reference signature like my HD600.

I've done the test of combining two silicon tips together and with the combined thickness of the two tips, the bass instantaneously gets bloated. So material thinness is critical I believe.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #1,450 of 4,269
That review demonstrates the importance of tip rolling. All of the stock tips enhance either the treble, the bass or both. Based on the tips I tested I think you can easily manage to get a pretty neutral sound signature with very basic tips made of thin silicone material (both for the bore and the flange). For me then it can get very very close to a reference signature like my HD600.

I've done the test of combining two silicon tips together and with the combined thickness of the two tips, the bass instantaneously gets bloated. So material thinness is critical I believe.
agree, dont know why but i accidentally found some basic no name tips that really works wonders with timeless as you said. And they are exactly very thin silicone. Now it is close to reference and bass much more correct. Treble is extended and bass reference quantity and good not bloated or boomy with nice punch. So yeah everyone can make their timeless reference and much more correct sounding compared from begining. These planars changes their sound much more with tips than any dd i have.

Jan 2, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,452 of 4,269
agree, dont know why but i accidentally found some basic no name tips that really works wonders with timeless as you said. And they are exactly very thin silicone. Now it is close to reference and bass much more correct. Treble is extended and bass reference quantity and good not bloated or boomy with nice punch. So yeah everyone can make their timeless reference and much more correct sounding compared from begining. These planars changes their sound much more with tips than any dd i have.
Yep the no name tips may work nicely :) especially the thin black type like these
PXL_20220102_140524863~2.jpg

Jan 2, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #1,453 of 4,269
Yep the no name tips may work nicely :) especially the thin black type like thesePXL_20220102_140524863~2.jpg
Exact such tin black silicone tips only mine are a little smaller . But this type of tips works best so now i know i am not the only one who foud such type tips best combination with timeless. So sometime no need to use well known branded names to work best.

Jan 2, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #1,455 of 4,269

Because of your post I just tested using KZ Starline tips on my Timeless. They work really well on the timeless. The seal is perfect and because of this the bass is a little bit stronger then on Tennmak Whirlwind tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back