7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 2, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #1,456 of 4,265
Because of your post I just tested using KZ Starline tips on my Timeless. They work really well on the timeless. The seal is perfect and because of this the bass is a little bit stronger then on Tennmak Whirlwind tips.
I have a couple of KZ IEM's . I have gotten rid of a few also, but I always keep those tips, my wife loves them and I like them also.

Jan 3, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #1,458 of 4,265
I was going to try another cable but couldn't get the MMCX removal tool to grip the connector on Timeless - nervous with MMCX... any tips for doing this? The shell edge gets in the way of the MMCX tool for me.

Jan 3, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #1,460 of 4,265
So, some days ago I suddenly lost the urge to EQ everything and am now totally happy with how Timeless sounds just plugged into my phone.

Funny that.
The 7Hz Timeless are the first and only earphones I never felt the need to EQ. I'm currently using them with my FiiO UTWS5 and they sound really great, on the go! Even before, though, when I was burning them in with my Qudelix 5K, I didn't feel I needed EQ. With my TRI I3, I am always using the Classical or Electronic presets.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #1,462 of 4,265
I was going to try another cable but couldn't get the MMCX removal tool to grip the connector on Timeless - nervous with MMCX... any tips for doing this? The shell edge gets in the way of the MMCX tool for me.
This has me a little nervous as this will be my first IEM with MMCX connection.

Many don't talk to fondly off this type of connection.

I am interested in any tips on this matter also.

Jan 3, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #1,463 of 4,265
So, some days ago I suddenly lost the urge to EQ everything and am now totally happy with how Timeless sounds just plugged into my phone.

Funny that.

How does the Timeless stack up against the other IEM's in your signature ?

Jan 3, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,465 of 4,265
"Pinch" the connector off. Basically "pinching" the connector with thumb and forefinger while simultaneously pushing against the Timeless housing with those fingers for leverage.

Jan 3, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #1,466 of 4,265
Prefer MMCX over two pin all my IEM's apart from one are MMCX and one fixed...Never managed to break an MMCX in 4 years.

I think once I know how to get them on / off I will be just fine....thanks.

Jan 3, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #1,468 of 4,265
Let's see now how these well-intended newbies hold against the Old Boys..

20220103_221504.jpg

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #1,469 of 4,265
Given the hype, I didn't think these lives up to it. Pretty good for the price, but not amazing. I would say tight bass is fun, and the sound has tactile feel to it. The biggest things going for it.

I'm not into the mids. It's not very good on resolvability. It sounds like how the graphs represents it. I feel like there should be more forwardness from 3-6k to bring up the mids. It's too laid back in that region for ideal tonality. Bring that area up a tinge, and it would be an improvement.

With that range in the low side, there is a higher range that's over represented. It's not very balanced up top. I'm not saying it's terrible, but it can be better balanced.

There's something not purely normal about it mids. Something is slightly off.

Resolution is fairly avg. It's has a smooth signature for those into that. It's really nothing new besides being a planar driver. What's most impressive is that it's a planar iem at the price point and doesn't sound terrible (but, not worth the hype). That's a great start.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #1,470 of 4,265
Got my Timeless today!

These are absolutely the real deal, damn. I don't believe I ever heard an IEM that sounded like this before. They don't even compare to my beloved Earsonics SM3 v2, which is saying a lot. Easily, the best IEM I have ever listened to, and is suited to my music preference (EDM) perfectly. I'll keep listening for the week and do a full write up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back