7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #466 of 4,269
I've been thinking these Timeless are pleasant TOTL sound for a fraction of the price, no QC issues for me so far, was well worth it sticking with the purchase.
Long time... It seems as though you have drastically improved your current crop of iems as they are absolutely stellar. I've been eyeing each one of them but wasn't sure which one to risk my money on. My favourite tuned iem is the oxygen, for thicker mids Its the Kanas pro and for the best resolution its definitely the fd5. I'm basically after an oxygen type sound but with thicker mids and good resolution to suit my male vocals preference. It's been a while since I've come back to the iem scene but you got any recommendations for me brother?

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #467 of 4,269
Long time... It seems as though you have drastically improved your current crop of iems as they are absolutely stellar. I've been eyeing each one of them but wasn't sure which one to risk my money on. My favourite tuned iem is the oxygen, for thicker mids Its the Kanas pro and for the best resolution its definitely the fd5. I'm basically after an oxygen type sound but with thicker mids and good resolution to suit my male vocals preference. It's been a while since I've come back to the iem scene but you got any recommendations for me brother?

Hey buddy, good to see you around again...

It's different than the 02 signature and is not a DD but I've been thinking you'd like the Timeless for its male vocal presentation and detail.

Otherwise, in the 02 vein with increased detail, resolution and lower-mid thickness there is only the Turii in what I've got. These are quite phenomenal sounding to me but they come at a very hefty price tag unfortunately.

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #469 of 4,269
How would you test for channel imbalance without a measuring device? I'm suspecting mine have a little, but i'm also suspecting i'm hearing ghosts because someone's mentioned it.
https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
Press play and move the slider. The sound should be centered, if you get shifts to left or right during the sweeps thats where you have imbalance. If you do hear it at certain frequency, try with other iems too to check if you hear that imbalance on same spot, if you do then its your ears.

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #471 of 4,269
Hi all. I'm very intrigued by the Timeless, so much so that I bought it on Amazon, but I cancelled my order not long afterwards because I am extremely sensitive to channel imbalances and I both heard and saw (on graphs from various reviewers) that this can be an issue with these IEMs. I'm now deciding between this one and the Tri i3 Pro, but I'm leaning towards the latter because the potential for lopsided presentation is just too much of a dealbreaker for me. Anyone care to weigh in? Is the channel imalance bad or did all of the big reviewers just get sent lemons?

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #472 of 4,269
I've been keeping an eye out for Timeless 11.11 deals on Ali-express, and I confess that site confuses the hell out of me. The 'sale' prices quoted by some shops are actually higher than the current price!
Surely they're not just warning the price is going to go UP?

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #473 of 4,269
, I've
Hi all. I'm very intrigued by the Timeless, so much so that I bought it on Amazon, but I cancelled my order not long afterwards because I am extremely sensitive to channel imbalances and I both heard and saw (on graphs from various reviewers) that this can be an issue with these IEMs. I'm now deciding between this one and the Tri i3 Pro, but I'm leaning towards the latter because the potential for lopsided presentation is just too much of a dealbreaker for me. Anyone care to weigh in? Is the channel imalance bad or did all of the big reviewers just get sent lemons?
Hi, I was one of the early buyers and I can tell you, for me on my set there is no issue at all. Yes there were a couple of comments but by and large, this thread is full of owners who are overjoyed with this little stunner. If there were persistent QC and Inbalance issues, this thread would be full of negative comments, by owners about it and it's simply not here. I've read this entire thread and IMHO what is here is a lot of chatter thats been spun up based on a few comments, many of which are made be those have never heard them, but speculate because of those comments.

I get it, none of us want a lemon but the power of suggestion can be an overcoming force causing to go looking for things that aren't there. Case in point: Read that section of this thread above.
How would you test for channel imbalance without a measuring device? I'm suspecting mine have a little, but i'm also suspecting i'm hearing ghosts because someone's mentioned it.
@DeJaVu replies with a link where one can test for inbalance. Moments later, @Fat Larry responds, back in love with his Timeless, having chased away those ghosts at that website. We've all done it, I have at least, been taken by a suggestion, gone looking for something that doesnt exit, convince my self that it does, then realized it doesn't......

I've read every review I could find, watched every YouTube Vid there is and the overwhelming majority of owners and reviewers are blown away by how good these are. Go through the YouTube Videos and just read the comments. They're full of praise from owners, many of whom don't participate here on HF. In my opinion, there's no problem here. There may be a couple of instances but it's safe to say that hundreds of units have been sold if not thousands and QC issues are not being widely reported. That tells me something .... it's pretty low risk.

I've owned lots of planars and can unequivocally state that these punch WAY above their weight by orders of magnitude. The good news is, Amazon has a generous return policy, so if you pick up a set there, and are unhappy, you can off load them again. I think the risk is negligible, but only you can decide that for yourself. :ksc75smile:

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #474 of 4,269
I've been keeping an eye out for Timeless 11.11 deals on Ali-express, and I confess that site confuses the hell out of me. The 'sale' prices quoted by some shops are actually higher than the current price!
I picked mine up at the Dudo store on Ali 6 weeks ago for $176. They are now back to $219 but - I told them I was happy with them as a store and with the IEM and they offered a little discount on future purchases if I wrote to them in advance. I just got a message from them yesterday, that they would offer the 11.11 pricing if I asked, so I asked and told them I'd post a link here. I wont get an answer from them until end of my day, but if they come back to me, I will post. Like I said, I got them for $176 (4.4mm Cable) Shipping Included and had them in 10 Days to Vancouver Canada. That pretty good.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #475 of 4,269
Why even cancelling it? You know Amazon has no question asked return policy right? If you are so afraid then just get the Tri i3 Pro (I don't even know what is this brand).

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #476 of 4,269
Does anyone know how these compare to the blessing 2?

I have a few totl headphones but I'm new to iems. The galaxy buds pro blew my expectations away.

I will be using them for music listening, and for listening to my electronic drum kit while singing via my mixer.

I do have a decent portable dac/amp.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #477 of 4,269
Just heard back from Dudo Store. They will offer $170 including standard shipping if you use the contact button. Tell them you heard on Head-Fi.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002035427339.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.6e0863184OCY9Y

I have have no skin in this game. Just public service to my fellow head-fi enthusiasts! Happy Shopping Listening

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #478 of 4,269
Oct 29, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #479 of 4,269
Just heard back from Dudo Store. They will offer $170 including standard shipping if you use the contact button. Tell them you heard on Head-Fi.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002035427339.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.6e0863184OCY9Y

I have have no skin in this game. Just public service to my fellow head-fi enthusiasts! Happy Shopping Listening

That is $85nzd less than what i paid. I'm having to talk myself down from buying them again just for the dopamine hit.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #480 of 4,269

I just sent them a text through the contact button…. We will see how this goes! It is late / very early in China so not expectIng an immediate response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back