7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 24, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #421 of 4,271
Oct 24, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #422 of 4,271
Somehow still prefer Timeless to be brighter but it's so friendly to EQ.
Screenshot_20211025_084430.jpg

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #423 of 4,271
Quick thoughts on Timeless (copied from discord):

Tuning is good. I dont hear the treble peak measured there but it does have a little bit of spice but nothing that bothers me. I've listened to these off and on for the past 2-3 days at work without wanting to take them out. That's not something I typically say wiht most of the chifi review units I get.

The bass is a tad strong at times, and I guess I'd like it just slightly less because if I had to pick a flaw out of this, i think the bass resolution isn't "great" but its quite fine for what its priced at and overall, i think this is quite a good IEM.

Prbably A to A+ ranking from me if I had to put it down somewhere on my current ranking list.

easily best tuned Planar iem that I've tried on the market which is most of the well known ones except the new Euclid and i3. I own the UM ME1 and have owned the iSines (several times..) and have many other of planar review units in the past. THis tops all of them. Only the i4, that I've tried, probably best it in technical performance and from memory, that's a bigger jump, but it kills the i4 in tonal balance and sounding correct. i4 also cost 12X more.

Review coming very soon. :)

P1050309.JPG

graph - 2021-10-18T124026.394.png

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #424 of 4,271
Quick thoughts on Timeless (copied from discord):

Tuning is good. I dont hear the treble peak measured there but it does have a little bit of spice but nothing that bothers me. I've listened to these off and on for the past 2-3 days at work without wanting to take them out. That's not something I typically say wiht most of the chifi review units I get.

The bass is a tad strong at times, and I guess I'd like it just slightly less because if I had to pick a flaw out of this, i think the bass resolution isn't "great" but its quite fine for what its priced at and overall, i think this is quite a good IEM.

Prbably A to A+ ranking from me if I had to put it down somewhere on my current ranking list.

easily best tuned Planar iem that I've tried on the market which is most of the well known ones except the new Euclid and i3. I own the UM ME1 and have owned the iSines (several times..) and have many other of planar review units in the past. THis tops all of them. Only the i4, that I've tried, probably best it in technical performance and from memory, that's a bigger jump, but it kills the i4 in tonal balance and sounding correct. i4 also cost 12X more.

Review coming very soon. :)

Let them burn....I also foud them good out of the box but watched / heard them get more and more refined as the hours increased. Look forward to your full review!

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #426 of 4,271
Ok, so this pure silver cable from xinhs (purportedly same as the kbear limpid and others) is staying on my Timeless for the foreseeable future. It surprised me, because the stock cable sounded like it was doing a perfectly good job and the Timeless was opening up nicely with the extended burn in. But the silver cable brought a bit more definition to the highs and helped push out the stage a little. My copy was never really the totally flat wall of sound that several others described, but there’s no doubt it’s still shallower than most. So every little helps, as you might imagine.

BC6D2856-D0FD-4069-8518-C9AE10471CC6.jpeg

If you don’t have any spare cables kicking around, you absolutely don’t have to go out and get any. I still stand by my opinion that the stock cable is perfectly up to the job, especially if it’s balanced. But it sounds a decent upgrade to me and I can think of many worse ways to burn 25 bucks (when it’s on sale) in our hobby.

Oct 25, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #427 of 4,271
Just got my Timeless and can't take them out of my ears. I'm a bit shocked by their efficiency; I got the 3.5mm version and had no issues driving them straight out of my MacBook, or my 5k I've got them playing from now.

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #428 of 4,271
Haven't stopped listening to mine since I got them. They sound like no other IEM that I've heard. The Timeless are truly one of those unique IEMs that literally allow you to listen to your entire library all over again to hear things you've never heard before.

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #429 of 4,271
Haven't stopped listening to mine since I got them. They sound like no other IEM that I've heard. The Timeless are truly one of those unique IEMs that literally allow you to listen to your entire library all over again to hear things you've never heard before.
That’s the whole reason I’m in this hobby, to find gear that satisfies the itch to hear & enjoy everything like it’s the first time. (Preferably at a reasonable cost…)

Oct 26, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #430 of 4,271
Just got my Timeless and can't take them out of my ears. I'm a bit shocked by their efficiency; I got the 3.5mm version and had no issues driving them straight out of my MacBook, or my 5k I've got them playing from now.
I'm like that too. The sound also got better after a few days. I used the stock yellow/clear tips, which are much like the misodiko s450 pictured on the right. I'm also using a Fiio FH5s cable with mine.

This is a brilliant all rounder. On an ifi zen can, 4.4mm with x-bass it's on another level. Absolutely a must buy. (Define giant killer = 7hz timeless)

PXL_20211025_192530521.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #433 of 4,271
I used the stock yellow/clear tips, which are much like the misodiko s450 pictured on the right. I'm also using a Fiio FH5s cable with mine.
This is a brilliant all rounder.
I've settled on the yellow/transparent tips, too. Tried among other options Spinfit, but for my taste they traded off too much bass for more treble and soundstage. The yellow/transparent tips offer a nice balance when paired with FiiO's M11 Plus and make these indeed an excellent allrounder.

Oct 26, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #435 of 4,271
Thanks Yves. Great review, love Crin's presentation and humor. I agree with his A rating on tonality, but I think the technicalities are a bit better, maybe A+, due to the detail retrieval and resolution. And if the Timeless had some better staging, I think its technical score might creep up in to the S- realm. At least to my ears. Imaging to me is actually excellent. I'm not sure what other people are hearing, but I'm getting pinpoint accuracy out of mine. And regarding the staging, it's just very intimate, that's all. As if you're a part of the music rather than just listening to it. For most IEMs that's a drawback, but with the clarity and resolution of the Timeless it's almost an advantage. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Admittedly, I've had my MESTs put the hurt on the Timeless with a few select tracks, so I'm not suggesting it's perfect by any stretch. But man is it good for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back