7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 13, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #286 of 4,269
Listening iFi Zen Stream - USB cable - Matrix Audio SPDIF-2 DDC - I2S HDMI - Denafrips Venus II DAC - Burson Soloist 3XP amp on 3.5mm out - 7Hz Timeless IEM. Sounds absolutely spectacular, these little planar IEMs are a steal at the asking price of just over $US200. Even basic stuff like Paradise Radio Rock Mix (FLAC) sounds heavenly.

Just to ease my own curiosity, were you able to compare I2S to any other digital input? If so, were there any changes?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 13, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #287 of 4,269
Screenshot_20211013-215502_AliExpress.jpg

For those who interested there some good offerings on ali right now.

EDT: seems like price depends on the membership level.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #289 of 4,269
How do you get that price?
Go to the store and hit the follow buton
Refresh, and you'll get whatever incentive is being offered to their "Followers"

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #290 of 4,269
It's not about shop following (at least not in my case), there's AliExpress membership program and depends of your "tier" you can get some monthly promotions.
So you can get really sweet prices when combine them with another kind of discounts (like coins / random coupons from the web).

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #291 of 4,269
Just to ease my own curiosity, were you able to compare I2S to any other digital input? If so, were there any changes?
I have compared them, but just briefly as they are all really good. I would say that I2S is the best in terms of transparency and detail, but AES and coaxial are not far behind. We are talking minute differences here. I purchased the DDC before getting the Streamer, when my PC was the only source. I now use it with the Zen Stream primarily to be able to use I2S and leave the USB port of my DAC available for the PC. All music playing is done through the Streamer but when I watch YouTube or play games, all I need to do is switch to USB input on my DAC and I'm set.

Oct 13, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #292 of 4,269
It's not about shop following (at least not in my case), there's AliExpress membership program and depends of your "tier" you can get some monthly promotions.
So you can get really sweet prices when combine them with another kind of discounts (like coins / random coupons from the web).
Following stores can also affect the price. I bought mine from the Dudo store who had listed them at 219 when I clicked "Follow" the price dropped to $172. That promotion is over on that store, but I know this strategy works on several vendor stores on Ali. Ofter there are incentives which are only relvealed to followers. I'll take a look at memberships now too - thanks for the heads up.

Oct 13, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #293 of 4,269
I bought mine from the Dudo store who had listed them at 219 when I clicked "Follow" the price dropped to $172. That promotion is over on that store, but I know this strategy works on several vendor stores on Ali.
Seems like $172 is the usual sale price for them. They just charge $4 extra for a balanced cable.

Oct 14, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #295 of 4,269
This thing seriously needs to be burn in. After about 50hrs this thing opened up by alot..and vocals comes to live as well. Sound stage very wide left right and back. Was watching a thriller movie where the camera move into a room and I heard this continuous cough and turn to my son about 2m away and ask is he ok. He started at me blankly .

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #296 of 4,269
This thing seriously needs to be burn in. After about 50hrs this thing opened up by alot..and vocals comes to live as well. Sound stage very wide left right and back. Was watching a thriller movie where the camera move into a room and I heard this continuous cough and turn to my son about 2m away and ask is he ok. He started at me blankly .
At 50 hours the herbs are just starting to infuse into the stew.... Enjoy the ride as they simmer along to fully cooked. You're in for a treat. 300 is the magic number.

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #297 of 4,269
Would the apple dongle dac give enough power to drive these?!
Almost certainly. I plug them straight into my Galaxy S7 Edge and around 70%ish on the volume control makes a good listening volume, any higher is too loud. It's more power hungry than many IEMs I've used, but they really don't need anything special. Still, they sound better on my Qudelix 5K than plugged straight into my phone.

Like other people said, they do seem to improve with burn-in. I didn't do any special burn-in, I just used them normally since they already sounded pretty great out of the box.

Seems like $172 is the usual sale price for them. They just charge $4 extra for a balanced cable.
I thought the $219 I got them for on Linsoul was a bargain when I heard how they sound.

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #298 of 4,269
Almost certainly. I plug them straight into my Galaxy S7 Edge and around 70%ish on the volume control makes a good listening volume, any higher is too loud. It's more power hungry than many IEMs I've used, but they really don't need anything special. Still, they sound better on my Qudelix 5K than plugged straight into my phone.

Like other people said, they do seem to improve with burn-in. I didn't do any special burn-in, I just used them normally since they already sounded pretty great out of the box.

I thought the $219 I got them for on Linsoul was a bargain when I heard how they sound.
Thank you for the reply

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #299 of 4,269
What promo code you used to get $19 off ?
TIA
8AESELETED19

There are several different sites with a tons of promo codes, you just need to google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back