7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 12, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #274 of 4,265
To those with this, how is the nozzle? I know its nowhere near Blessing 2 levels but it does make me slightly concerned as it is on the thicker end of IEMs. Is it difficult to fit tips on and how is the fit?

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #275 of 4,265
To those with this, how is the nozzle? I know its nowhere near Blessing 2 levels but it does make me slightly concerned as it is on the thicker end of IEMs. Is it difficult to fit tips on and how is the fit?
6.3mm, though no problems in particular. Tips meant for 4-4.5mm nozzle and up can get on pretty ok with bit of convincing, ones with smaller stem bore will give you some trouble.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #276 of 4,265
Seems most of you guys are like me, just waiting on Timeless. While we are waiting, what cable and DAP are you happy paired with Timeless?
I've stuck with with the stock cable and am very happy with it. I tried OFC and didnt not anvy change and I tried 5N Pure Silver and it was a little bright. My last Planar, infact my RAH, I use with Graphene and it brought a little extra weight to the bottom end without compromising the mids or upper extension but I only have that cable in 2 Pin, and honestly, I'm so happy with the stock performace i have no intention of changing the cable. Tips, Tips Tips, that's the only thing that I needed to swap out.

I havent run it off my phone but a Shanling UP2 Drives it just fine and and my daily DAP and Shanling M6 Pro 21 give them plenty of juice in low gain. I tried High Gain and Turbo gain and they didnt need it. They do scale but both the M6 and UP2 have more power than a phone or tablet so I cant comment on direct out of phone but they are easy to drive.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #277 of 4,265
6.3mm, though no problems in particular. Tips meant for 4-4.5mm nozzle and up can get on pretty ok with bit of convincing, ones with smaller stem bore will give you some trouble.
agreed. all my tips are 4.4 and they go on and stay on easily. The only tip I had challenge with was the Xelastec. Not getting it on, but the Xelastec sticking to my ear when removing the Timeless.

Oct 13, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #279 of 4,265
About to pull the trigger on a pair of Timeless but i have to ask, what's going on in some of the reviews? I've seen direct contradictions in the sound stage and amping areas, some stating they have nearly zero soundstage and others calling them holographic. It's the same in the amping dept, direct contradictions with people saying they need power and others saying they'll play on anything.. which is it?? Are there QC issues or are people just not getting a good seal.......?

Bought some for my wife, have only listened a little so these are, I guess, initial impressions.

Tried them from the Fiio M11, iBasso DX220 and Ovidius B1 as source (balanced from the DAPs). Sounded great, did not in any way sound like they needed more power. They may improve even further if they are fed more. What are you thinking of running them from?

Soundstage - I didn't really get an immediate, impressive sense of depth but to be honest, I also didn't notice that they were particularly shallow in that regard. I am older though (51) so younger ears might hear things differently. I did get a lovely sense of open width. While I wouldn't call the holographic, I would not really fault the soundstage either.

I listen to the Mest as a daily driver, fed from the DX220. Before that I was on the InEar Prophile 8S. I also have the Ananda and Nighthawk headphones (among others). I am used to a relatively reference style tuning, but enjoy a touch more "musicality" when not at the expense of anything else.

Straight out of the box, I thought the Timeless were hugely impressive for their price. It will depend on your tastes and your previous experience, but for anyone who doesn't own ear-gear of a price of $700 and above, I think these are a very good deal.

Oct 13, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #280 of 4,265
Listening iFi Zen Stream - USB cable - Matrix Audio SPDIF-2 DDC - I2S HDMI - Denafrips Venus II DAC - Burson Soloist 3XP amp on 3.5mm out - 7Hz Timeless IEM. Sounds absolutely spectacular, these little planar IEMs are a steal at the asking price of just over $US200. Even basic stuff like Paradise Radio Rock Mix (FLAC) sounds heavenly.

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #281 of 4,265
I've noticed some folks don't notice 3D soundstage, really only left to right imaging. I suspect some of this is at play. I know 2 people that own them and one said the imaging is extremely holographic and the other said its board flat but nice and wide left to right.

From the graph I am a bit scared of the high treble.
It may be a question of what they're coming from. This is mid-fi. If you're coming from KZs, the imaging will blow you away. If you're coming from MEST, you'll probably find it a lot more meh.

Finally. I hope I am gonna reach the endgame for now with this IEM. Since I come from KZ/CCA IEMs I expect a real upgrade.
HUGE upgrade, and good choice. Timeless is looking like one of the best IEMs you can buy in this price range right now.

It is a little on the big side of average, but I haven't had any problems fitting tips on. Ironically, the included tips are more of a squeeze than most others I've tried. Spiral Dot slips right on. T400 size foams (New Bee) aren't hard to put on but have just enough resistance to keep them firmly on. The tips off a Sony MDR-EX15 do have to stretch but do so easily. Final Type E was a bit of a squeeze, probably about similar to the included tips. So long as you aren't trying to put something tiny like Shure tips on it, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #283 of 4,265
Bought some for my wife, have only listened a little so these are, I guess, initial impressions.

Tried them from the Fiio M11, iBasso DX220 and Ovidius B1 as source (balanced from the DAPs). Sounded great, did not in any way sound like they needed more power. They may improve even further if they are fed more. What are you thinking of running them from?

Soundstage - I didn't really get an immediate, impressive sense of depth but to be honest, I also didn't notice that they were particularly shallow in that regard. I am older though (51) so younger ears might hear things differently. I did get a lovely sense of open width. While I wouldn't call the holographic, I would not really fault the soundstage either.

I listen to the Mest as a daily driver, fed from the DX220. Before that I was on the InEar Prophile 8S. I also have the Ananda and Nighthawk headphones (among others). I am used to a relatively reference style tuning, but enjoy a touch more "musicality" when not at the expense of anything else.

Straight out of the box, I thought the Timeless were hugely impressive for their price. It will depend on your tastes and your previous experience, but for anyone who doesn't own ear-gear of a price of $700 and above, I think these are a very good deal.

Sounds a bit more reassuring. I'll be running them from my phone (Samsung S10e) initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back