7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #257 of 4,271
Okay, I'm really hoping the Timeless stacks up to all the hype. Crinacle isn't one to hype irresponsibly so I just hope I like whatever 7hz is throwing down. Also still concerned about driver matching.
No hopium and no hype. I've been through 6 sets of Planars in the last 2.5 years, all of them costing significantly more than the Timeless (except the P1) and while I have more technical IEMs these are now my absolutely favorite set. The tonality, detailing, depth of bass / subbass and fluidity of the mids - is pretty astounding. I'm addicted to them. I've got approx 300 hours of run time on them now and can 100% say they do improve (widen, deepen, smooth out and reach higher) with hours of use. These are the real deal and should give all of us a true picture of the kind of margins "flagships" carry. I do a fair bit of consulting in the Hearing Aid / Hearing Care industry and wont call out the astronomical margins on that gear. It's no different with the audio gear we know and love. Anyway - 7Hz has a slam dunk with these. I hope the uptake and adoption will be as deserved. As hours have mounted I've moved off Foams and the included tips and going back and forth among Azla Sedna, Xelastec, and Tennmak Whirlwinds - I've settled on the Whirlwind. Whirrlies and Sednas have the same wide bore but the Whirrlwinds have a shorter stem and give me the perfect seal to bring out full bass and completely unrestricted upper register. Get 'em .... let 'em burn-in .... and let your patience be rewarded.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #258 of 4,271
No hopium and no hype. I've been through 6 sets of Planars in the last 2.5 years, all of them costing significantly more than the Timeless (except the P1) and while I have more technical IEMs these are now my absolutely favorite set. The tonality, detailing, depth of bass / subbass and fluidity of the mids - is pretty astounding. I'm addicted to them. I've got approx 300 hours of run time on them now and can 100% say they do improve (widen, deepen, smooth out and reach higher) with hours of use. These are the real deal and should give all of us a true picture of the kind of margins "flagships" carry. I do a fair bit of consulting in the Hearing Aid / Hearing Care industry and wont call out the astronomical margins on that gear. It's no different with the audio gear we know and love. Anyway - 7Hz has a slam dunk with these. I hope the uptake and adoption will be as deserved. As hours have mounted I've moved off Foams and the included tips and going back and forth among Azla Sedna, Xelastec, and Tennmak Whirlwinds - I've settled on the Whirlwind. Whirrlies and Sednas have the same wide bore but the Whirrlwinds have a shorter stem and give me the perfect seal to bring out full bass and completely unrestricted upper register. Get 'em .... let 'em burn-in .... and let your patience be rewarded.
I'm glad someone finally figured out how to properly tune a planar IEM. Seems like a pretty big deal as far as these types of incremental changes go. Now watch as everyone copies and refines what 7hz has done! :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to receiving my pair. And comparing it to the FD7 (unfairly or not), which I'm in the process of becoming addicted to. Speaking of fluidity, that Be driver is so damn smooth... but anyway, planar vs dynamic. For fans of single driver IEMs, it's like a contest to find your personal endgame right now. A few months ago it felt like this was going to be the most exciting part of the hobby, and now it seems like it's happening. The FD7 is an outlier, but the Timeless, and KATO, Mele, etc. all getting released in a row. It's impressive.

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #265 of 4,271
About to pull the trigger on a pair of Timeless but i have to ask, what's going on in some of the reviews? I've seen direct contradictions in the sound stage and amping areas, some stating they have nearly zero soundstage and others calling them holographic. It's the same in the amping dept, direct contradictions with people saying they need power and others saying they'll play on anything.. which is it?? Are there QC issues or are people just not getting a good seal.......?

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #266 of 4,271
Ordered one, too, seems like it could nicely complement my main IEMs Moondrop S8 and Sony EXK. Could unfortunately take quite a while before i get them.

Oct 12, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #267 of 4,271
About to pull the trigger on a pair of Timeless but i have to ask, what's going on in some of the reviews? I've seen direct contradictions in the sound stage and amping areas, some stating they have nearly zero soundstage and others calling them holographic. It's the same in the amping dept, direct contradictions with people saying they need power and others saying they'll play on anything.. which is it?? Are there QC issues or are people just not getting a good seal.......?
I've noticed some folks don't notice 3D soundstage, really only left to right imaging. I suspect some of this is at play. I know 2 people that own them and one said the imaging is extremely holographic and the other said its board flat but nice and wide left to right.

From the graph I am a bit scared of the high treble.

Oct 12, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #268 of 4,271
I've noticed some folks don't notice 3D soundstage, really only left to right imaging. I suspect some of this is at play. I know 2 people that own them and one said the imaging is extremely holographic and the other said its board flat but nice and wide left to right.

From the graph I am a bit scared of the high treble.
Tips make a huge difference on these things. They love wide open bore tips to open them right up in width and depth. And burnin is very real with planars. 300 hours later, this $200 is now my favorite set. There was a peak on poor tracks but its completely tamed now.

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #269 of 4,271
Tips make a huge difference on these things. They love wide open bore tips to open them right up in width and depth. And burnin is very real with planars. 300 hours later, this $200 is now my favorite set. There was a peak on poor tracks but its completely tamed now.
Finally. I hope I am gonna reach the endgame for now with this IEM. Since I come from KZ/CCA IEMs I expect a real upgrade.

Oct 12, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #270 of 4,271
Seems most of you guys are like me, just waiting on Timeless. While we are waiting, what cable and DAP are you happy paired with Timeless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back