7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 9, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #241 of 4,269
I agree that the overall tonal balance is absolutely spot on for reference-like with emotion... They're like an SE846 with treble extension and enjoyment.

The timbre for me still sounds a touch more on the BA side than DD, which isn't a problem per se, just something to mention.

The killer for me is the soundstage/imaging. It's lacking and can sound a bit odd at times. It may be my set? (Let's not bring in QC issues) However, after hearing what the IE300 can do soundstage/imaging wise, and they're not known for that, they leave the Timeless standing. My library contains a lot of music requiring good 3D-like stage, so the Timeless are not for me.

Tonality/FR wise though absolutely 👌

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #242 of 4,269
TIP CHANGE
I just swapped out to a set of Xelastecs and think I found THE pair of tips for the Timeless and me. All the bass is retained, highs remain extended and the harshness I was getting on the Beatles album are completely tamed. The Xeleastecs are a really nice pairing. I ordered the Crystal Standars and suspect they'll be equally good.

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #244 of 4,269
bad housing structure & mmcx loose 😓
For me they fit quite well, behind only Fiio FH3 and anything Shure. You might try tips other than what it came with though. It comes with a nice selection, but I'm getting a better fit and better sound (to me) with tips from a Sony MDR-EX15 (well worth the $8.99 it costs just to get the tips imo).

As for the MMCX connectors, they seem fine to me. They spin with the stock cable, but that's what MMCX is supposed to do. If you want a tighter fit, try another cable. I was using mine with a Fiio cable for a while and it's a snug fit with that. Either way it clicks in when plugged and doesn't fall out or lose connection.

They're like an SE846 with treble extension and enjoyment.
I mostly agree. Timeless is an incredible value. I still think the SE846 is a little more detailed particularly in the mids; it sometimes feels like I'm listening to my music under a microscope, and I don't get that with the Timeless. I also don't hear the black space between instruments as much. Timeless however sounds more fluid and especially "vivid" though. Right now, Timeless is what I'm grabbing everyday, mostly because of that "vivid" effect and the great bass rumble while still being detailed.

A note on the cable: I really like the look of the stock cable, though its microphonics aren't the best. But the bigger issue is it seems to be starting to get wiggles in the part going up to each ear as if one part inside it stretched or shrank while another part didn't. It isn't really visible yet but I can easily feel it running my fingers along it.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #247 of 4,269
Have a feeling this thread is gonna blow up soon :wink: patiently waiting for my Timeless.

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #248 of 4,269
Screenshot_20211011_151523.jpg

This guy sounds soooo good on timeless.

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #251 of 4,269
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #252 of 4,269
I may have had a premonition… wink wink.
Giving you a :raised_hands: because I like your screenname / handle so much! It's a wonder they call that s#%t bread, then you put Stevie into it - Beautiful!

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #254 of 4,269
Okay, I'm really hoping the Timeless stacks up to all the hype. Crinacle isn't one to hype irresponsibly so I just hope I like whatever 7hz is throwing down. Also still concerned about driver matching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back