7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 9, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #586 of 4,273
Could you compare them in terms of sounstage and imaging, maybe? Which one feels to be a more universally/consistently nicely performing set to you? Also, would you call the Timeless a dark sounding IEM on its own, not when compared to the Kato? I want something well-balanced and decently technical, although sounstage and imaging are more important to me then raw resolution.
The KATO soundstage is more intimate or inside your head while the Timeless's soundstage can extend outside your head.

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #587 of 4,273
I wanted to try a pure silver cable on the Timeless to see if it would bring out some more detail, so I took a shot at a relatively cheap cable just to see. I have to admit that I'm impressed. Definitely a noticeable difference right off the bat, which I did NOT expect. And now that I have two pairs of the Timeless, I can very quickly A/B them to hear the differences.

Right away, the separation and clarity was a couple of steps up from the stock cable. It's really obvious. Depth and width of stage is also enhanced, likely due to the extension of the upper registers. At first, the sound was a little "thin" compared to the stock cable, but then I realized that it's not that the sound is thin, bur rather all of the "filler" or "crosstalk" has been eliminated. So it's not that the "fullness" is gone, it's just that the ILLUSION of fullness is gone. Once I started listening with a slightly different purpose, the benefits were immediately apparent. The bass is much, much tighter but still extends to the same depth as with the stock cable. Like I said, the improvements are really obvious.

At any rate, it's a cheap cable and I was fully prepared to either eat the cost or just send them back. But it turned out to be such a shockingly good upgrade, the stock cable is going right into the trash (figuratively speaking). If anyone's interested in trying one out, here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Earphone-Cable-Upgrade-Replacement/dp/B08DXYFZJZ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=kbear+silver+mmcx&qid=1636508084&sr=8-4&th=1

I will admit that there are a couple of minor annoyances with the cable. (1) the Y-junction is solid metal and HEAVY, so it tends to feel like the cable is "hanging" from my ears, and (2) the chin slider is useless because it's too big and there is no friction on the cable. But the MMCX connectors really snap nicely into place at the IEM connection and the wires themselves are pretty supple. Like I said, it's a cheap cable but it sounds great and offers a different listening experience for the Timeless.

As always, good luck and good listening.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #588 of 4,273
compared my 7Hz ver2(nozzles without sponge) and Geek Wold GK10(ver 2 - green).
GK10 win(in my cases) on:
1) bass(more textured and deeper);
2) better low mids (small drums sound clearer);
3) more better highs(more and crystal).

7Hz does have a better mids (clean), bass not so detail but good for planar(warm), better soundstage(wide).

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #589 of 4,273
I wanted to try a pure silver cable on the Timeless to see if it would bring out some more detail, so I took a shot at a relatively cheap cable just to see. I have to admit that I'm impressed. Definitely a noticeable difference right off the bat, which I did NOT expect. And now that I have two pairs of the Timeless, I can very quickly A/B them to hear the differences.

Right away, the separation and clarity was a couple of steps up from the stock cable. It's really obvious. Depth and width of stage is also enhanced, likely due to the extension of the upper registers. At first, the sound was a little "thin" compared to the stock cable, but then I realized that it's not that the sound is thin, bur rather all of the "filler" or "crosstalk" has been eliminated. So it's not that the "fullness" is gone, it's just that the ILLUSION of fullness is gone. Once I started listening with a slightly different purpose, the benefits were immediately apparent. The bass is much, much tighter but still extends to the same depth as with the stock cable. Like I said, the improvements are really obvious.

At any rate, it's a cheap cable and I was fully prepared to either eat the cost or just send them back. But it turned out to be such a shockingly good upgrade, the stock cable is going right into the trash (figuratively speaking). If anyone's interested in trying one out, here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Earphone-Cable-Upgrade-Replacement/dp/B08DXYFZJZ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=kbear+silver+mmcx&qid=1636508084&sr=8-4&th=1

I will admit that there are a couple of minor annoyances with the cable. (1) the Y-junction is solid metal and HEAVY, so it tends to feel like the cable is "hanging" from my ears, and (2) the chin slider is useless because it's too big and there is no friction on the cable. But the MMCX connectors really snap nicely into place at the IEM connection and the wires themselves are pretty supple. Like I said, it's a cheap cable but it sounds great and offers a different listening experience for the Timeless.

As always, good luck and good listening.
Can anyone confirm how it sounds with a copper cable? I already own a copper covered in silver cable. Should I get a really good cable on 11.11 sale?

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #590 of 4,273
Got a pair last night so I have not had a lot of time for the listen but right out of the box is WOW...WOW...WOW... I purchased the 4.4 balanced version and I can tell you these scale quite well with more power....you turn up the volume a little at a time and you can find its sweet spot.... I only have 3 different sources that have 4.4 outputs, M11Pro SS, ifi Diablo and the Topping A90.... the A90 is just pure music, light and airy... the M11Pro SS has more bass but still nice at the upper end... and the ifi Diablo stack with the M11Pro SS has the most slam.... it pairs very very well with the 7hz... I tried a little bit of EQ just to see how they respond and I'm pretty sure you can tune these to sound how ever you want them to sound.... they are very responsive to source, to EQ, to Ear Tips and to cable rolling.... if you take your time with these I don't know how in the world you wouldn't like them... They do just about everything perfectly... these are just great.... my biggest issue with these is now my other iems might not get out to play much anymore.. :)

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #591 of 4,273
Can anyone confirm how it sounds with a copper cable? I already own a copper covered in silver cable. Should I get a really good cable on 11.11 sale?
I tried my Timeless with Litz OCC cable and am astonished. The sound became more natural, unforced and textured, another level up in SQ. I'm beginning to think that the stock cable is a bottleneck. You may want to try this cable:

NiceHCK LitzOCC 4N Litz OCC Copper Earphone Cable 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm MMCX/NX7/QDC/0.78 2Pin For CIEM ZAX ASX ASF BA8 VX V90s MK3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msgpmz0

Thinking of buying Xinhs 8 core Litz Graphene cable now. Has anyone tried it with Timeless?

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #592 of 4,273
they are very responsive to source, to EQ, to Ear Tips and to cable rolling
Don't EQ but tried a few cables..silver, silver gold plated copper, copper etc but I still like the OG..as for tips then Sony EP-EX10A are 👍 as for source DX312 LO to Xduoo with Siemens 5654W tubes
Best.jpg

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #593 of 4,273
I hear people say that due to the insane speed the sound becomes slightly unnatural. I am thinking to try out one of my thick cables that is known to increase body, warmth and stage at the expense of slower transients which seems to fit the bill perfectly for this iem. Let's wait and see this when my timeless arrive. I really hope I don't hear this 'unnatural sound, lacking tangibility, thin mids, bad dynamics' etc type of sound that other people are talking about.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #594 of 4,273
I tried my Timeless with Litz OCC cable and am astonished. The sound became more natural, unforced and textured, another level up in SQ. I'm beginning to think that the stock cable is a bottleneck. You may want to try this cable:

NiceHCK LitzOCC 4N Litz OCC Copper Earphone Cable 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm MMCX/NX7/QDC/0.78 2Pin For CIEM ZAX ASX ASF BA8 VX V90s MK3

Thinking of buying Xinhs 8 core Litz Graphene cable now. Has anyone tried it with Timeless?
It's a great cable (Xin Graphene). I only have a 2 Pin Version but use it with my IMR RAH and EDP before that. On those 2 IEMs it brought a bit more clarity and extension to the top end and added a bit of weight to the bottom end and mids. I dont think Timeless has a problem in any of those areas but squeezing a bit more clarity and resolution out of the treble region wouldnt be a bad thing. I had been waiting to fully burn mine in before trying a Pure Silver Litz cable. We're there now, so I'll try that as a comparison later today.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #595 of 4,273
just to let anyone know.... there does every once in a while they sound like maybe the driver is shimmering.... when it does this, to me... in the background it sounds like sand being poured onto a sheet of aluminum foil in the background... that was right out of the box.... it seems to be calming down a bit as they are burning in...

Nov 10, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #597 of 4,273

Sounds great. Been using a NiceHCK C8 cable so far. Will upgrade the cable sometime next year then.

Nov 10, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #598 of 4,273
More cable ie thicker = less resistance so maybe a slight boost in volume..what ya searching for exactly?
What am I searching for in terms of cable or general sound? Basically, my timeless haven't arrived yet but am hoping they have weighty and bodied lower mids especially for male vocals. Some people love them for there resolution, clarity, speed and noteweight while others say the opposite. I hear many say that they are 'unnatural, too fast, lack tangibility and something they can't put there fingers on' bla bla lol. I just thought screw it and let me hear for myself what they are all about.

Regarding cables, I know that they are a highly controversial topic in itself by I honestly can hear differences especially in thick cables. For example my Kato has more 3dness, slightly more warmth and note density when I compare it to the stock cables but I prefer the stock cables on them because they sound more speedier and lively. I don't know what it is that is having that effect but I honestly hear it.

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #599 of 4,273
So interesting. We all hear differently, have different preference and of corse there's tips. I love my 3DT but if I were forced to choose between the 3DT and Timeless, I have to choose the Timeless. To me it has better note weight, clearly (to me) deeper bass with more texture and velvety liquid mids the way only a planar can... Treble extension goes to 3DT for me which is not to say Timeless does not have good resolution or extentsion because it does. Interestingly enough if you read the 3DT thread, everyone praises its timbre where the biggest complaint is harshness at 5 to 6K with several members modding the 3DT with filters. On the timeless some have complained about the 2 to 3K spike. I don't have a problem with either set and for sure planars "Mature with Age" they were good out of the box and 300 hours later they, to me, became a beautiful easy listen full of texture and detail. That's my experience YMMV 😉

Interesting indeed! I agree the Timeless has way deeper bass (I’m almost obsessed by its sub bass) but the 3DT wins on texture and detail. Agree on treble extension going to 3DT, which is probably how it’s delivering all that detail. I think it comes down to preferences as well as what music one is listening to primarily. So far Timeless hasn’t shown a preference for any particular type of music or genre but 3DT with its timbre is a match made in heaven for classical any time. I saw the complaints about the 5-6K harshness and yes, I hear it with some pop/rock/electronic tracks but for some reason it isn’t a problem when acoustic instruments are involved. I don’t have a problem with the 2-3K on the Timeless either.

Try the tone generator site to check sub bass rumble that was posted here and report back how low your timeless goes. From memory mine was felt down to around 13hz - 14hz.. with my MH-750 i could feel something going on at around 10hz or 11hz.

Really interesting to test.

It didn’t work on my phone but I was curious enough to give it a try when I got to my laptop. I could definitely still feel something going on sub-20hz though not hear it of course… I did try 7hz but no such luck :p

Just ordered them (180€ with the ongoing Linsoul sale, not bad), we'll see how they compare with my Stax SR-003 hehe... I hope it's my endgame iem, at least on paper it's what I'm looking for. I just hope the bass won't be too much for my tastes.

Ooh quite a world of difference I should think - I still have my baby Stax but didn’t think to compare them even - I enjoy both but they just do well at completely different things IMO. You’re not going to get Stax mids on Timeless, nor will you get Timeless sub bass on the Stax.

Agree about the pure silver cable. Mine is the one from XINHS and brings similar improvements to the sound.

I tried my favourite XINHS copper cable with it as well and liked how it rounded out the sound but ultimately stayed with the silver because I like the highs more and the Timeless can do with any little extra bit of depth it can get.

I hear people say that due to the insane speed the sound becomes slightly unnatural. I am thinking to try out one of my thick cables that is known to increase body, warmth and stage at the expense of slower transients which seems to fit the bill perfectly for this iem. Let's wait and see this when my timeless arrive. I really hope I don't hear this 'unnatural sound, lacking tangibility, thin mids, bad dynamics' etc type of sound that other people are talking about.

Nope. The differences I was talking about are not night and day; it’s by no means thin or unnatural or intangible, and not something to take issue with unless you A/B it with a still better IEM and go looking for differences. I’d just enjoy the music :)

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #600 of 4,273
I just put on the fiio LC-RE mixed metal cable... it thicken'd the whole FR... slower and darker.... I'm still burning them in... probably try out a thin cable tomorrow and see what thats like.... if you like lots of bass then the LC-RE could be your cable.. just a little too thick for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back