7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 7, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #571 of 4,269
I know it seems like I’m schiitting all over the Timeless in the Timeless thread, but I want to say that I actually enjoy it a lot and I just want to help moderate expectations a little for folks who are waiting/deciding. There are also things I really love about the Timeless - that visceral sub bass rumble, for instance, is alone almost worth its price tag. Other IEMs slam harder than this, sure, but that subterranean rumble just has to be felt. Also, it is way more comfortable than all the IEMs I’ve mentioned.

Try the tone generator site to check sub bass rumble that was posted here and report back how low your timeless goes. From memory mine was felt down to around 13hz - 14hz.. with my MH-750 i could feel something going on at around 10hz or 11hz.

Really interesting to test.

Nov 8, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #572 of 4,269
One of the Ali Express stores managed to set the price to £135.27 for me. This is great because in the UK anything below £135 you have to pay tax on the spot at the Ali express checkouts. Also, the place I ordered with will declare very less which should help me avoid any extra charges aswell. I didn't pay any extra for my kato's last time either.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #573 of 4,269
One of the Ali Express stores managed to set the price to £135.27 for me. This is great because in the UK anything below £135 you have to pay tax on the spot at the Ali express checkouts. Also, the place I ordered with will declare very less which should help me avoid any extra charges aswell. I pay any extra for my kato's last time either.
Care to share which seller please?

Nov 8, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #576 of 4,269
Well, my timeless arrived. Thoroughly impressed with the packaging and the tip selection isn't bad. I'm trying them with Sedna Xelastecs and those are working well so far in terms of comfort.

EDIT: Bass rattle seems to have resolved itself after an hour of playing loud bass content. If your unit arrived with a bass rattle, try letting them play for an hour or two at high volume. Seems to have worked for me.

I will keep an eye on the rattle, and see if it comes back. Right now, no problem.

EDIT 2: Rattle has returned. Will burn in for 24 hours and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #577 of 4,269
Picked up my second Timeless. Yes, I'm hardcore. Going to make one pair my "stay at home" pair and bring the other pair to work. Comparing them out of the box against my "old" pair (about 50 hours on them), the new ones are definitely brighter and shallower in soundstage. General sense of QC is that they're pretty much identical, I think the new ones just need some break-in time. I'll let them burn in for a while and then test them again back-to-back. Even with TOTL IEMs in my collection, I can't stop listening to the Timeless. They just have an addicting character to them, a perfect balance of detail and ambience, at least for the music that I listen to.

In my experience, they do not like to be overdriven. Keep the volume at a low-to-moderate level and you'll be rewarded with improved clarity, imaging, and soundstage. I probably listen a lot lower than most people, around 65-70 dB generally. But I've noticed that there's a sweet spot with the Timeless where the magic happens. I typically turn down the volume until it's "too quiet", and then creep it up slowly from there until I hit that sweet spot. Then I leave it for the rest of the entire listening session. It just works for me. Give it a try. Good luck and good listening!

Nov 8, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #578 of 4,269
Picked up my second Timeless. Yes, I'm hardcore. Going to make one pair my "stay at home" pair and bring the other pair to work. Comparing them out of the box against my "old" pair (about 50 hours on them), the new ones are definitely brighter and shallower in soundstage. General sense of QC is that they're pretty much identical, I think the new ones just need some break-in time. I'll let them burn in for a while and then test them again back-to-back. Even with TOTL IEMs in my collection, I can't stop listening to the Timeless. They just have an addicting character to them, a perfect balance of detail and ambience, at least for the music that I listen to.

In my experience, they do not like to be overdriven. Keep the volume at a low-to-moderate level and you'll be rewarded with improved clarity, imaging, and soundstage. I probably listen a lot lower than most people, around 65-70 dB generally. But I've noticed that there's a sweet spot with the Timeless where the magic happens. I typically turn down the volume until it's "too quiet", and then creep it up slowly from there until I hit that sweet spot. Then I leave it for the rest of the entire listening session. It just works for me. Give it a try. Good luck and good listening!
Yes, my 2nd pair is waiting to be shipped. I am rotating between Timeless and KATO right now. Using my Mele with BT20S pro for when I am eating or need to move around.

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #579 of 4,269
Yes, my 2nd pair is waiting to be shipped. I am rotating between Timeless and KATO right now. Using my Mele with BT20S pro for when I am eating or need to move around.

I can break the seal with mine really easily. Happens nearly everything time I crack a smile or laugh. Timeless are a terrible iem for comedy!

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #581 of 4,269
It's been a little while since you've had the Kato's. How they comparing to your timeless, are they still your favourite?
I enjoy them both equally well. For watching movie, the Timeless has an edge because of the bass. The Timeless has a more fully bodied bass and rumble while the KATO is more tighter type of bass. I love the Timeless for acoustic guitar, it just sounds so organic and airy to me.

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #582 of 4,269
I can break the seal with mine really easily. Happens nearly everything time I crack a smile or laugh. Timeless are a terrible iem for comedy!
Use foam tips.

Nov 9, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #584 of 4,269
I enjoy them both equally well. For watching movie, the Timeless has an edge because of the bass. The Timeless has a more fully bodied bass and rumble while the KATO is more tighter type of bass. I love the Timeless for acoustic guitar, it just sounds so organic and airy to me.
Could you compare them in terms of sounstage and imaging, maybe? Which one feels to be a more universally/consistently nicely performing set to you? Also, would you call the Timeless a dark sounding IEM on its own, not when compared to the Kato? I want something well-balanced and decently technical, although sounstage and imaging are more important to me then raw resolution.

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #585 of 4,269
Just ordered them (180€ with the ongoing Linsoul sale, not bad), we'll see how they compare with my Stax SR-003 hehe... I hope it's my endgame iem, at least on paper it's what I'm looking for. I just hope the bass won't be too much for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back