6SN7 Tube Addicts
Jun 15, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #5,041 of 7,413
@badas
Are the 6c8g about the Same in sound in the tung sol?
Tia

There is a Tung-Sol round plate 6C8G. I purchased a large number of them. They sound like any other Tung-Sol roundplate.

Got a bunch of 6c8g today looks like structure is same in all of them ROGERS, MARCONI , NATIONAL UNION , G.E.

A classic re-badge I think. This is what I have seen in 6C8G.

RCA: NU plates. Closer together. No support structure. Sounds like a NU but slightly leaner. I have and have listened to.

RCA: round plates that are kinda joined. Not the best 6C8G. However better than any 6SN7. I have listened to.

Sylvania: I have seen as the classic re-badge like the first RCA. Also the classic Sylvania T plate like what is used in their 6SN7. Not listened to.

NU: One of the very nicest. NU round plates. Different from the RCA. The plates are spread further apart and it has support rods. Internal construction is exactly the same as my NU 6F8G. I have and have listened to.

Ken-Rad: Same as NU. A classic re-badge. Listened to.

Tung-Sol: Round plates. As in the above picture. Damn I stocked up on these. I have 14 sets. Sounds just like any other Tung-Sol round plate. Very slight difference in construction to the Tung-Sol 6F8G. On the 6C the plates don't protrude above the micra. on the 6F they do. Plates look to be identical tho. The best sounding of all 6C8G's.

Cool what about tung sol ?

As above.

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #5,043 of 7,413
    All the 6C8G have the same halfmoon plates                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

And also got a few 5aw4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

and on the way  a pair of  5Z4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #5,044 of 7,413
      All the 6C8G have the same halfmoon plates                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

1st one is a RCA that uses the NU plates. I have 27 sets of these. Sound like the NU just slightly leaner.

2nd is the NU. Note the support rods. Plates are ever so slightly spaced further apart that the RCA.

3rd and 4th is the other RCA I was talking about. Not as good as the NU's or the RCA with NU plates. However still nicer than a 6SN7.

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #5,047 of 7,413
^

1st is the RCA that uses the NU plates. Like I have said. Nice but not as good as the NU. I took a punt on this tube and purchased a bulk 27 sets. It looks very similar in construction to the NU. The plates are the same. Top micra is different. Plates are spaced differently. No support rods. Sound ends up similar. NU has the advantage. RCA is leaner.

2nd looks interesting. I haven't seen or tested.

3rd is that a rectifier?

4th the classic 5Z4. Damn I like that tube. One of my favorites.

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #5,048 of 7,413
^

1st is the RCA that uses the NU plates. Like I have said. Nice but not as good as the NU. I took a punt on this tube and purchased a bulk 27 sets. It looks very similar in construction to the NU. The plates are the same. Top micra is different. Plates are spaced differently. No support rods. Sound ends up similar. NU has the advantage. RCA is leaner.

2nd looks interesting. I haven't seen or tested.

3rd is that a rectifier?

4th the classic 5Z4. Damn I like that tube. One of my favorites.
Got these too

Yeah curious to try all of them for sure. It's like an addiction tho. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The 3rd is a NU 5U4G vt-244 rectifier

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #5,049 of 7,413
Yeah curious to try all of them for sure. It's like an addiction tho. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The 3rd is a NU 5U4G vt-244 rectifier

That looks very interesting. Please compare to the Brimar 5Z4G.

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #5,050 of 7,413
Who is a good source for the Tung-Sol 6C8G?

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #5,051 of 7,413
Has anyone placed a 6SN7 tube in a WA2 or WA3 amp ? Not sure how much of a substitute it can be for a 6080/6AS7 tube. The pin layout is the same. IDK much more than that though. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #5,053 of 7,413
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291491747730&globalID=EBAY-US

That's where I purchased mine from. The only source I could find.

There was 3 available a short while ago. Did you buy a set?

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #5,055 of 7,413

This may be the post that finally convinces me to unsubscribe from this thread.

I'm sorry.

Why?
confused.gif
What did I do?

I know it sounds like a silly amount. But I purchased in bulk and the unit price was dirt cheap. I also figured if others were curious at the headphone meets I will just throw them a pair for free. I had good intentions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back