6SN7 Tube Addicts
Sep 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,201 of 7,413
Has anyone tried the Psvane CV181-T? They are supposedly an upgrade over the Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z.

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #1,202 of 7,413
Here is a quad of NIB never used NU VT-99 Round Plates with the marking paint still intact.
The seller claims he's the only one with such stock.

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #1,204 of 7,413
These are unused tubes.
When you use them the paint comes off.
He claims he's the only one with such unused stock, I can't verify this but I have never seen similar tubes in original boxes.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #1,206 of 7,413
Have you compared them to any other 6F8, like RCA, Sylvania, Tung Sol?

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,207 of 7,413

Quote:
Here is a quad of NIB never used NU VT-99 Round Plates with the marking paint still intact.
The seller claims he's the only one with such stock.

These are poisonous,Stavros.
biggrin.gif
 How come you have so much treasure like these, drooling.........................

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #1,208 of 7,413
I haven't got them yet Danny, I am patiently waiting delivery.

I will not use them, hope to get a third pair by the end of the month to try out.

PS Don't forget I am a tube addict!

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #1,209 of 7,413

Quote:
I haven't got them yet Danny, I am patiently waiting delivery.

I will not use them, hope to get a third pair by the end of the month to try out.

PS Don't forget I am a tube addict!

It's all about time.
biggrin.gif
 They will be on your hands finally, I will not PM you to ask where you grab them and please never expose to avoid our wallet bleed.
biggrin.gif

And yeah, we all admit that you really are an addict of tubes.
beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #1,211 of 7,413

Quote:
Have you compared them to any other 6F8, like RCA, Sylvania, Tung Sol?

I have used many 6F8 tubes and I have confirmed that the NU tubes which have round plates sounds the best in regards to wide spacious stereo image. I have a GE tube made by NU that has round plates. The other plate shapes are T plates ( most common) and ladder flat plates sometimes staggered. Some of the 6F8 tubes can be a bit noisy but I have not run into 6F8 tubes that are micphonic yet.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #1,212 of 7,413

Quote:

I have used many 6F8 tubes and I have confirmed that the NU tubes which have round plates sounds the best in regards to wide spacious stereo image. I have a GE tube made by NU that has round plates. The other plate shapes are T plates ( most common) and ladder plates sometimes staggered. Some of the 6F8 tubes can be a bit noisy but I have not run into 6F8 tubes that are micphonic yet.

I have tried to use the Macroni 6F8G black glass / round plate with the WA5LE with Glenn's adapters but they sound not impress me, the tubes were sit aside when I sold the WA22 over a year ago, maybe they need more hrs to warm up since I have them put into the WA5LE for just half an hour of my listening session that day and were swapped back to the Sylvania 6SN7 right the way. Any comment on these Macroni, as I can remember they sound better than TS 6F8G black glass / round plate especially on string instrument, just wonderful sounding with honey mellow like of sound with the WA22.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #1,213 of 7,413
Thanks John.

Raytheon also made 6F8G with round plates similar to NU.

NU 6F8G RPs are not to be confused with the Tung Sol round plates.
Tung Sol also make 6F8G Flat Plates which aren't bad.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,214 of 7,413

I am sure that the Raytheon round tube version you have is made by NU just like when I brought my pair of GE 6FG NOS  tubes in their orginal GE factory boxes, one was round plates and the other was staggered ladder flat plates. There is an Sylvania 6F8G tube that has round plates that is a bit different.
Quote:
Thanks John.

Raytheon also made 6F8G with round plates similar to NU.

NU 6F8G RPs are not to be confused with the Tung Sol round plates.
Tung Sol also make 6F8G Flat Plates which aren't bad.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #1,215 of 7,413
Any comments about the Sylvania 5692 Green Label Short Bottle Military version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back