64 Audio | VAC Pro - maintenance tool for all in-ear devices
Jun 8, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #46 of 71
Word! Complaining about the price of non-essential equipment such as this vacuum with a decent value proposition over competing devices just comes off as immature to me, especially when there are devices with even more ridiculous price tags and less in terms of value proposition concerning competition in this hobby (e.g. DACs).
I for one think the price is fair, as it has no competitor. I am more concerned about possible false advertisement, especially when they charge a restocking fee on their returns.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #47 of 71
It clearly shows that the company have lost "base" with a 300$ product like that. The pricing point is a total joke.

I don't buy products from companies that have this kind of attitude. I buy products from companies how cares about their customers.

Torben
Companies care about their customers until it costs them money.

I guess with this attitude you must also take a moral stance against many other brands. Apple? Samsung? Nestle? I assume so.

Bunch of people standing high on the roof of their glass house, in their Nikes, filming themselves on their iPhone 11 throwing rocks with "consumerism sucks" written on them at 64 Audio employees as they walk past.

Niche market, niche product, has zero competitors, looks well built, high quality brand. $300 is fine, makes sense.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #48 of 71
Gee the amount of hate in this thread is trash. Get the **** over it.

The alternatives aren't battery powered / cordless.

$300 is nothing compared to the amount people are travelling around with. $5000 IEMs from a $4000 DAP.
If potential customers express their opinion on the product price, do you really think it is "hate"?
64 Audio gets customers feedback free of charge this way. :wink:

The main function of this device is IEM cleaning. The way of power supply is not decisive.

Things have their intrinsic value. It does not have anything in common with prices of other products.
For this product and its price/performance ratio the price of USD 299,- is simply overblown.

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #49 of 71
They are saying it is as powerful as the other best in class products that do the same job, BUT, its rechargeable and smaller.

Does that not make it at the very least, justified in its price?

Jun 9, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #50 of 71
Vote with your wallets people. If you don't see value in an IEM Vac, don't buy it. Complaining about its existence, however makes no sense to me.

Considering 64Audio, along with their Firry cousins, have had another product like this available for a few years already before releasing this one tells me they think there is a market for it. most likely among their core customer base of music professionals.

If they sell any to us head-fi punters, that's just a bonus for them.

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #52 of 71
price is a lil steep but uh that's ok, it is so cool though

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #56 of 71
Vote with your wallets people. If you don't see value in an IEM Vac, don't buy it. Complaining about its existence, however makes no sense to me.

Considering 64Audio, along with their Firry cousins, have had another product like this available for a few years already before releasing this one tells me they think there is a market for it. most likely among their core customer base of music professionals.

If they sell any to us head-fi punters, that's just a bonus for them.
Just stating our factual opinion.

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #57 of 71
In the end this thread (as I think) should be the least talked about on Head Fi... and instead it's becoming the most talked about... lol
At least 64Audio has managed to get people talking... even if not really for a new iem...

P.S. but in the end the purpose of a forum is also to have a laugh...

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #58 of 71
Does it even have enough suction power to clean CIEMs that use some form of mesh at the sound bore? These IEMs tend to be generally harder to clean. At times you'd have to be able suck small debris through the mesh since it can sometimes end up behind it.

Also the price is way too high, something like $150 would be more appropriate and acceptable.
99% of people here complain about prices, and yet when everything came out it is SOLD OUT:beyersmile::beyersmile:

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #59 of 71
Are you sure about that? Jodi Consumer is rated at 20 inHg, same as your VAC Pro, and operates at 12V/1.5A. If VAC Pro is more powerful and have 80 mins of battery life, what kind of battery are we talking about, a 3000mAh 18650?
it looks like Jodi-Vac lists their consumer model as 18 inHG in some places and 20 in others so if it's the later then it is comparable to VAC Pro.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back