TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Dec 30, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #601 of 813
Surprised Tzar wasn’t to your liking because of its neutrality, Fourte I can understand because it’s a little colored.
Its not about neutrality its about definition and i felt these lacked it. Like i said i have and have had iems thet were heave in the bass but were not muddy and quite detailed. I felt these were not. Like i said, it could have because i could not get a good fit. Had to use the large foam and still was not good or cumfortable. Maybe a pair of customs would sound much better. Who knows, but i have been far more impressed with far more iems by different makers, but it was a better fit.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #602 of 813
Its not about neutrality its about definition and i felt these lacked it. Like i said i have and have had iems thet were heave in the bass but were not muddy and quite detailed. I felt these were not. Like i said, it could have because i could not get a good fit. Had to use the large foam and still was not good or cumfortable. Maybe a pair of customs would sound much better. Who knows, but i have been far more impressed with far more iems by different makers, but it was a better fit.
Another consideration might be scalability. As dumb as it might sound, I use the Fourte's more like headphones than portable iems. Running the Fourte's through my Liquid Carbon creates a bass with a very natural decay (to my ears) and no bloom. Then again, everyone's impression of bass quantity and quality with any phone can vary pretty widely. IMO.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #603 of 813
I totally agree with you. I have quadruplets, so I would literally have to start a GoFundMe page to get the Fourte. Believe it or not, the best sounding combination I have is Lotoo Paw Gold Diana with Audioquest Nighthawk headphones with the stock cable. A close second would be my Sony NW-WM1A with a Surf Cables balanced cable out of the 4.4 and Shure SRH1540 headphones. Having said this, the Tia Fourte is the best in-ear-monitor on the entire planet Earth. The Nighthawk headphones are very holographic on the Paw Gold Diana. The Audioquest Nighthawks do not sound very good on any other player but Paw Gold. Synergy seems to be more important than I thought.
Nighthawks are a great bang for the buck set of headphones! I also felt that way about the Senn HD600's which I owned and enjoyed for years.

Dec 30, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #604 of 813
Another consideration might be scalability. As dumb as it might sound, I use the Fourte's more like headphones than portable iems. Running the Fourte's through my Liquid Carbon creates a bass with a very natural decay (to my ears) and no bloom. Then again, everyone's impression of bass quantity and quality with any phone can vary pretty widely. IMO.
I was not using a phone. I was using a high end portable player as well as i used my vali 2 and modi multibit. I never use a phone to listen to music.

Dec 30, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #605 of 813
I was not using a phone. I was using a high end portable player as well as i used my vali 2 and modi multibit. I never use a phone to listen to music.
Sorry, I was referring to headphones when I said "phones".

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #606 of 813
Sent kit #1 to kernel888 earlier today
Will write up impressions in the impression thread.
Again thanks to barra and 64 Audio for making this possible.

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #607 of 813
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #609 of 813
Jan 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #610 of 813
lol , this guy has balls , showing up jut to answer about his FS ad

sorry guys but looks like this dude is not coming back with kit no3 - at least this is the vibe i get if he hasn't answered to your pms/fb chats

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #612 of 813
Pardon my English but What? This is a a theft of about $7k. You can't tell me this guy can just pop in to answer posts on his classifieds while we're left here with a screwed tour and a highly valuable missing kit. His email is tied to Head Fi and there must be a way to know exactly who he is. I mean, the police should be involved at this point.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #613 of 813
seriously, if you test drive a 7k car and don't bring it back, youre in trouble. This should be the same deal. Head-fi's most wanted...

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #614 of 813
Pardon my English but What? This is a a theft of about $7k. You can't tell me this guy can just pop in to answer posts on his classifieds while we're left here with a screwed tour and a highly valuable missing kit. His email is tied to Head Fi and there must be a way to know exactly who he is. I mean, the police should be involved at this point.

I agree. He needs to be arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back