TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Dec 29, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #586 of 813
  1. Any negative aspects of the Forte or 18?
  2. Anyone here have anything negative to say or valid criticisms besides price?
  3. Are they really worth $3,500+
  4. They can't be perfect?

1. Not at the moment
2. Few people had issues with their cables
3. Hell No they aren’t worth this much, but you have to pay to play
4. Nothings perfect

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #590 of 813
If not, why not? Trying to see if there's any shortcomings. At that price it's like a marriage, so i need to know what I'm getting into before making a commitment...

Everyone perceives sound differently, also people have different preferences. Ie. someone who likes classic may want a more neutral sound signature. Whereas an EDM-head would want a more bass-heavy, U-shaped sound sig.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #591 of 813
Any iem beat them?

From what I’ve read 64audio iem’s is in a league of their own. There are some that come close but they either lack in one area or multiple areas when stacked against Tzar/Fourte. Personally I haven’t been able to enjoy my Fourte do to bad cable that came with it but I’m patient waiting for the new one to arrive.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #592 of 813
From what I’ve read 64audio iem’s is in a league of their own. There are some that come close but they either lack in one area or multiple areas when stacked against Tzar/Fourte. Personally I haven’t been able to enjoy my Fourte do to bad cable that came with it but I’m patient waiting for the new one to arrive.

I am heading into full-size headphones, because I just think you get more bang for your buck. I absolutely love the way the Fourtes sounded, but $3,600? I have headphones in the $500 to $1,000 range that when paired with the right equipment are right in the same league. You absolutely do pay for miniaturization and the technology that goes into making it sound like it does.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #593 of 813
It’s not been 24 hours yet, but messenger did indicate that he had read or noticed the message.

if he saw it but hasn't answered , it looks like he is ducking us

if he is done with US studies and is back to China for good , looks like he did himself an early xmas present

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #594 of 813
I am heading into full-size headphones, because I just think you get more bang for your buck. I absolutely love the way the Fourtes sounded, but $3,600? I have headphones in the $500 to $1,000 range that when paired with the right equipment are right in the same league. You absolutely do pay for miniaturization and the technology that goes into making it sound like it does.
Thanks, which headphones in the $500 to $1,000 range. Maybe pm me?

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #595 of 813

Nothing wrong with the way you’re thinking. Many of us had to wrestle with ourselves over the price which is one of the reasons I went with universals over a custom model so I can resell them if I ever wanted to. Do they bring me a little bit more enjoyment out my day, yes.. do I still have some reservations about the price, resounding yes but I’ll block that out for now lol...

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #596 of 813
I used to think that way until I bit the bullet and got my A18s.
Customs are truly a game changer. Of course ymmv but with universals, I used to think full size cans can do everything better, concerned about resale value, don't want to go to an audiologist, etc, while fidgetting with tips and deal with pain/discomfort!

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #597 of 813
Thanks, which headphones in the $500 to $1,000 range. Maybe pm me?
I listen to a lot of jazz and instrumental music, and the Fourte is probably the best iem I have owned for the music I enjoy. I prefer a sound slightly north of neutral, with detail and clarity in the treble that doesn't overpower the upper mids. They have a very authoritative bass that is very headphone like, the mids are well balanced in the mix, and they have a great soundstage. Having said that, they are not any better in those areas than my Ether Flows, which were $1800 new and can be had used for around $1100. Yet I tend to use the Fourtes more than the Flows because I like to listen to music reclining on my couch and iems are more comfortable for me than full size headphones. So I do get a very headphone like presentation with the Fourtes without the bulk of a full size. At $3600, they're not going to be for everyone because the law of diminishing returns definitely applies at this price range. I could see someone getting disappointed with these (and probably all iems and ciems) if they truly expect them to sound significantly better than a high quality full size with the right equipment driving them. Then again, it's quite impressive to get such a high quality sound from something the size of an iem. IMO.

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #598 of 813
I listen to a lot of jazz and instrumental music, and the Fourte is probably the best iem I have owned for the music I enjoy. I prefer a sound slightly north of neutral, with detail and clarity in the treble that doesn't overpower the upper mids. They have a very authoritative bass that is very headphone like, the mids are well balanced in the mix, and they have a great soundstage. Having said that, they are not any better in those areas than my Ether Flows, which were $1800 new and can be had used for around $1100. Yet I tend to use the Fourtes more than the Flows because I like to listen to music reclining on my couch and iems are more comfortable for me than full size headphones. So I do get a very headphone like presentation with the Fourtes without the bulk of a full size. At $3600, they're not going to be for everyone because the law of diminishing returns definitely applies at this price range. I could see someone getting disappointed with these (and probably all iems and ciems) if they truly expect them to sound significantly better than a high quality full size with the right equipment driving them. Then again, it's quite impressive to get such a high quality sound from something the size of an iem. IMO.

I totally agree with you. I have quadruplets, so I would literally have to start a GoFundMe page to get the Fourte. Believe it or not, the best sounding combination I have is Lotoo Paw Gold Diana with Audioquest Nighthawk headphones with the stock cable. A close second would be my Sony NW-WM1A with a Surf Cables balanced cable out of the 4.4 and Shure SRH1540 headphones. Having said this, the Tia Fourte is the best in-ear-monitor on the entire planet Earth. The Nighthawk headphones are very holographic on the Paw Gold Diana. The Audioquest Nighthawks do not sound very good on any other player but Paw Gold. Synergy seems to be more important than I thought.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #599 of 813
  1. Any negative aspects of the Forte or 18?
  2. Anyone here have anything negative to say or valid criticisms besides price?
  3. Are they really worth $3,500+
  4. They can't be perfect?
  5. Any iem or headphone beat them?
I did not care for them at all. Maybe it was because i could not get a good fit with them or just felt they were not up to my much less expensive es60 i have or a few other iems i have. I felt the bass was muddy and just did not sound correct on either pair. It made my flac and my pioneer player sound not so good. Maybe there was a problem with them, but i have heard great and impactful bass without distoration and muddieness.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #600 of 813
I did not care for them at all. Maybe it was because i could not get a good fit with them or just felt they were not up to my much less expensive es60 i have or a few other iems i have. I felt the bass was muddy and just did not sound correct on either pair. It made my flac and my pioneer player sound not so good. Maybe there was a problem with them, but i have heard great and impactful bass without distoration and muddieness.

Surprised Tzar wasn’t to your liking because of its neutrality, Fourte I can understand because it’s a little colored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back