TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Jan 5, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #631 of 813
Let’s just sit tight and wait for an update. Barra will update us when he can. Let’s move on with discussions of the actual tour. On that note, I’m still thinking about the U18t months after my time with them. I’ve been tracking sales of used units because even though I swore I’d never spend the money on a new set let alone a used one, part of me can’t not be curious, if you know what I mean. But then in the back of my head, I wonder if I should get the custom version since I know I’d have no plans to sell it (is there a cure for upgraditis?), even though the custom version would be even more dough than even a new universal version, which I’d swore I’d never spend the money on in the first place. I’m stuck in a loop. Tell me I’m not the only one.

Isn't the U18 the same price as the A18?

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #633 of 813
so after a bit of back and forth I believe I like the u18 with the m15 module best... seems to be the most neutral and balanced so far. m20 is a bit warmer, while the tia forte is a bit more v shaped.

tia forte can sound a bit more exciting with the v signature and maybe just slightly more open due to slightly more treble energy. I find them both to be about equally resolving, and preferences could definitely change based on source.

I do find the u18 to have a bit better mids, with the m15 having a bit more prominent mids. The tia forte sounded just a tad bit uneven in the mids, but the bass is fantastic. Drums in particular sound excellent on both- the tzar and tia forte have an excellent SNAP and great energy- they are fun to listen to and very involving! slightly more forward than laid back, but not fatiguing.

these are preliminary impressions. more to come...

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #635 of 813
Man these are good...

This probably isn’t what anyone who has bought these wants to hear, but I’m still very impressed with how well my kz zs6 compare haha. Not on the same level of balance and refinement, no, but comparing some beats by Dre Iems with the u18, and the zs6 with the u18, the zs6 is much closer to the u18 in terms of air and frequency balance.

One thing these are really great at is how well they pull off musicality and detail, as well as excitement combined with refinement.

Usually these qualities can contradict each other but you get the best of both with these Iems

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #636 of 813
I joined this tour somewhat reluctantly. Reluctantly because I felt selfish wanting to try them knowing I would never dream of purchasing such expensive IEMs. And I felt guilty for participating in trialing them with the self knowledge that I would be taking advantage of 64 Audio’s generous offer to ship them out to people to try them.

However, here I am impatiently waiting on delivery of shiny new U18’s this next week. Never in my wildest dreams did I think, since the start of my Head-Fi journey four years ago, that I would ever spend so much on headphones/IEMs. The U18 /c M15 have impressed me more than any other audio gear has in my lifetime. (Well, except for some brief listening sessions of super high end speakers in some boutique audio stores).

I thought about upgrading my desktop system with better speakers than my LS50’s, but for now I think this is a better choice because it is something I can take with me to listen to wherever I go. So I just sold off some other gear to be able to afford these. (Also, waiting for the check for my liver :wink:

Anyway, I can’t wait until next week :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #637 of 813
Jan 6, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #639 of 813
Jan 7, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #640 of 813
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #641 of 813
Jan 10, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #642 of 813
It is with great sadness that I took off the U18 Tzar for perhaps the last time ever and shipped kit 2 off to ngoshawk. They should be delivered on Friday! Thanks for this wonderful opportunity. Impression to follow soon (most likely).

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #645 of 813
I got my Fourte a little over 3 weeks ago, at first the treble was overwhelming, even still after burn in but I absolutely love them. I’m not use to music being so lively and vibrant..

Can’t wait to try out my first custom in ear phones. I can’t listen to Fourte during late evening/night time listening session because I’m just overwhelmed by its energy. You have to experience it to understand what I’m saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back