TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Jan 11, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #646 of 813
Woa didn't think this tour would be dragged this long and looks like thief would be around here on head-fi. Feel bad for Barra hosting these wonderful tours and some a-hole would take advantage of this...

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #647 of 813
so any news on this 'i did not steal them , the dinosaurs took them' dude ?

@Barra what happened actually ? is 64a taking a stance here ?

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #649 of 813
I hope it all works out.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #650 of 813
Lost Kit Update
As everyone is curious, I thought I would provide a last update on the lost kit so we can move beyond it. As of now, it has been determined that the full kit has been stolen from Andrew's possession. He had reason to hope that it would be recovered, but when that failed he agreed to take responsibility. The good news is that Andrew is now working with 64 Audio to cover their losses. I know that we can speculate on the situation and different things that should have happened, but I personally hope to turn the focus back to these awesome products, how they compare, and how to optimize the experience. I very much appreciate the support everyone has provided and hope to continue doing tours for years to come. After 2 to 3 years of numerous tours, I guess this was bound to happen, but so far we have had a good run.

Also, to deal with the other elephant in the room, yes, this does force a change in the way I host future events going forward. New tours will require full contact information from all up front to get your name on the list. Also, the mobile phone number will be checked requiring a response to a text message. However, the contact info will give you access to multiple tours once you are on the approved list which is good for a year. Also, given the difficulty searching the new HeadFi interface, this contact info will be forwarded to my personal email which in turn validates the email as working. Given the value of the tour kits, I feel this is the least we can do to support the generosity of the manufacturer who is completely at risk in supporting the HeadFi community. I am open to any other suggestions, but the goal is to confirm identity and provide ease of contact to deal with these situations - if they come up in the future - more efficiently.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #651 of 813
Trio / 12t Tour Update
In better news, the lost kit incident is not affecting our upcoming Trio/12t tour. While I still cannot provide a start date, it is still our intention to kick off the new tour once the demo kits come available.

In the meantime, as a taste of things to come - I will soon be able to review the 12t to provide some insight before kicking off the tour. From what I hear, it is a warmer version of the 18t. For more than that ........ I guess we will all have to wait until I receive the review unit which is due in a couple weeks.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #652 of 813
Lost Kit Update
As everyone is curious, I thought I would provide a last update on the lost kit so we can move beyond it. As of now, it has been determined that the full kit has been stolen from Andrew's possession. He had reason to hope that it would be recovered, but when that failed he agreed to take responsibility. The good news is that Andrew is now working with 64 Audio to cover their losses. I know that we can speculate on the situation and different things that should have happened, but I personally hope to turn the focus back to these awesome products, how they compare, and how to optimize the experience. I very much appreciate the support everyone has provided and hope to continue doing tours for years to come. After 2 to 3 years of numerous tours, I guess this was bound to happen, but so far we have had a good run.

Also, to deal with the other elephant in the room, yes, this does force a change in the way I host future events going forward. New tours will require full contact information from all up front to get your name on the list. Also, the mobile phone number will be checked requiring a response to a text message. However, the contact info will give you access to multiple tours once you are on the approved list which is good for a year. Also, given the difficulty searching the new HeadFi interface, this contact info will be forwarded to my personal email which in turn validates the email as working. Given the value of the tour kits, I feel this is the least we can do to support the generosity of the manufacturer who is completely at risk in supporting the HeadFi community. I am open to any other suggestions, but the goal is to confirm identity and provide ease of contact to deal with these situations - if they come up in the future - more efficiently.

I think that is more than fair, and a feasible solution for future tours. What with the cost of said units, there should be a reasonable expectation of professionalism and accountability. And considering the cost, it IS almost like we are applying for a loan!

Thanks for the update @Barra and here’s to an outstanding job running the tours!

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #653 of 813
How could something doesn't look and show its true value got stolen by someone unless this dumb kid just bragged/showed off it to the other person (possibly his classmates) or he simply just lied about it , even paying for the damages, he would most likely pay less? If someone here couldn't take care of valuable iems well enough, lack responsibility then don't join.
I noticed that this guy dealt and shipped item from outside US, meaning he traveled back and forth to his native country, what if he would run away then?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #654 of 813
It sounds like 64audio is in contact with him, and ultimately its in their hands now. Theres no good that can come from speculating and bashing the guy, even if it appears super shady. I vote we move on and don't draw additional attention to this, everyone has an opinion about it, but it wont change the situation.

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #655 of 813
Agreed, he seems like a stand up guy because he’s working with 64audio and taking responsibility for the loss. The guy couldn’t even make a sale in classifieds because he was being bashed so much, felt sorry for the guy.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #656 of 813
Agree.
There is a chance that how it happened was out of his control.
Not notifying the tour organizer after it happened and having bunch of people wonder and come after you, however, was under his control and an unethical route.
Lets move on.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #657 of 813
I am in possession of kit2 from @faithguy19. I have Monday off, so I will have my ears filled with the 64Audio kit, DITA Dream & my Maestro V2's, comparing intensely; with a grin and a coffee...
:metal::coffee:

Jan 14, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #658 of 813
I have contacted the next three on the tour, and included a querie into whether @kernel8888 has also contacted them. As such, I will send kit#2 out Sat, to the next available along with kernel8888, I believe. Anywho, I've contacted the next three on the list. Cheers.

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #659 of 813
I will send kit #2 to @fuhransahis either Friday or Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back