64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Apr 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #256 of 286
Hi Barra,

I know this is a long shot; but for a Canadian trapped in snowy Edmonton? I would of course abide by rules, ship registered and insured.

Are you talking about A18t? If so I'm also interested in this exact recommendation although I feel the bass is plenty adequate with M20, you can't go wrong with more bass.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #257 of 286
Both but more vocal 3d effect with XIV due to forward midrange. Layering and separation are TOTL in both. I like the overall signature of A18t much more, I need my bass. I've got a Custom Zeus XR for sale in the FS sale section.
Hehe glad I didn't buy yours then :)

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #259 of 286
Aug 22, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #261 of 286
I was able to audition the u18t and was wondering if there is a sonic difference between the custom version and the universal version. Reason I ask is I loved everything about the U18 except for a resonant treble peak which was noticeable on certain vocals and also things like the decay on ride cymbals (also other cymbals) and hi hats etc.. I noticed it on material that I have recorded and mixed as well as on some other recordings I’m familiar with. It presented as a type of sibilance.

I guess it’s similar to what’s being described at the end of this review when he tries the U18’s - https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/64-audio-a18t-in-ear-monitor

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #262 of 286
Repeated

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #263 of 286
I was able to audition the u18t and was wondering if there is a sonic difference between the custom version and the universal version. Reason I ask is I loved everything about the U18 except for a resonant treble peak which was noticeable on certain vocals and also things like the decay on ride cymbals (also other cymbals) and hi hats etc.. I noticed it on material that I have recorded and mixed as well as on some other recordings I’m familiar with. It presented as a type of sibilance.

I guess it’s similar to what’s being described at the end of this review when he tries the U18’s - https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/64-audio-a18t-in-ear-monitor

As you would suspect, it is the same tuning. In comparing my custom to the universal, I found that the additional isolation allows you to hear deeper bass and more delicate treble which was significant to me, but may not be to others. The universal on the other hand has the potential to tune with different tips to mitigate the problem you are having. On another note, I have found that the tuning can be perfected by cable rolling as well. When I paired the A18 with the very expensive PWAudio 1960, I was in musical bliss. I found the same to be true with the Han Sound Venum. In comparison, I did find the original cable to be a little brighter so this may be your answer. Overall, having heard many CIEMs from all my tours, you cannot beat the A18 - it is top tier.

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #264 of 286

It is the same tuning, but with the universals you have the option to switch the tips and slightly EQ the sound. To my findings, usage of the foam tips is very close to the custom version. With silicone tips you get that mentioned sibilance.

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #265 of 286
The stock cable that came with my u18t is falling apart. What is the best aftermarket cable for this IEM? I like how the effect audio cables look but am open to suggestions. Thank you!

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #267 of 286
The stock cable that came with my u18t is falling apart. What is the best aftermarket cable for this IEM? I like how the effect audio cables look but am open to suggestions. Thank you!

Why not ask for a replacement under warranty?

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #268 of 286
Why not ask for a replacement under warranty?
Just simply because if the stock one is falling apart even if they gave me a free one I would lose faith in the new stock one, so would prefer to pay for something that lasts. Hope this does not come across as snobby, but I just generally prefer having longer lasting items. Basically what is happening is that the stock cable is braided and the braids are loosening up, making the cable look like a few separate strands.

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #269 of 286
Pw audio 1960s
Do you recommend 2 wire version or 4 wire? This cable is pretty damn expensive, what is the reason for this cable recommendation?

Sep 23, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #270 of 286

Have you ever tried the U18t with Brise audio Yatono?
If you want to reduce the treble of the U18 but not reduce the detail of the sound. I advise you to try this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back