64 Audio A12t/U12t Impressions
May 23, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #151 of 273
bro....badass comparison, thanks a ton man

i have to try A12T, will be extremely impressed if an IEM with BAs can beat dynamic driver in enjoyment factor :)
I havent tried many IEMs but it beats my IE8 which are basshead IEMs. The sound weight and presence reminds me of a pair of 12" bass Cerwin Vegas I owned as a child :D hope I didnt overhype them, but still they sound like you have speakers and its amazing.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #152 of 273
I havent tried many IEMs but it beats my IE8 which are basshead IEMs. The sound weight and presence reminds me of a pair of 12" bass Cerwin Vegas I owned as a child :D hope I didnt overhype them, but still they sound like you have speakers and its amazing.
thats insane lol

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #153 of 273
I am tempted to upgrade A12 to u18t. Heard that u18t /A18t is much more resolving than A12t/u12t, and flat, and better sound stage (larger). What you don't like about A18t?

For what it's worth, I didn't feel like the U18t was an upgrade over the U12t. Felt more like a subtle signature tweak than a 'holy crap this is next level'. Worse, it's a lot more source-picky than the U12t so there are times where the U12t handily wallops the U18t.

May 23, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #154 of 273
first of all
why A12T bass is so great is due to the driver selection inside it.
the Biggest twin woofer x 2 Sonion 38D1XJ(search on google). its a vented acupass woofer which will only play bass frequency and unlike other fullrange BA, it does its subbass amazing.
A Sonion 38D1XJ is a dual pure subwoofer
and A12t uses 2 of those
which is quad woofer.

going to 18T(i have tried U18t). It has quad Sonion 28xx(dont know exact model), which is a fullrange BA.

now the tuning of A18t is constant slope down to 1kHz, which is more common old school iem tuning before harman and sean olive preference tuning. The thing is that, it sounds good because it has 18 driver and complex crossover to reduce doppler distortion and IMD. because there are many iem with exact same tuning which dont sound as good as 18t. but man, if you seriously want to compare A12t..... A12t beats many iem in total tonal correctness.

18t sounds good with M15. it gets pretty neutral......dont prefer using m20 as it sounds like drums get weird focus.

on 12t..... both module sounds perfect... the sound preference is more about taste

18t + M15 = neutral etymotic DF but tame uppermidrange and sparkly with good amount of flat bass. Hence a good monitor, i mean really good monitor for in studio
A12t + M15 = sounds like amazing recording equipment. perfectly expanded space and correct sound
A12t + m20 = sounds more fun and good for stage performance. the bass with this is godly.

May 25, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #155 of 273
Man... America is struck by corona pretty hard.
Mostly they always reply on time but due to corona situation... You can expect delay

Yep. They finally just got back to me. They're currently not sending out demo units because of COVID. Quite sad about this because I definitely do want to hear them before considering purchasing a pair. Guess I'll be waiting. :disappointed:

May 25, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #157 of 273
This may be a stupid question, but do the modules cause sound to leak?

No leaking at all. Even if I were to listen with no modules in, there is no sound leak unless others are literally putting their ear next to yours.

May 26, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #159 of 273
I've given the U12t a try with the m20 modules after putting it up for sale a few days ago. Mainly due to financial reasons but also because I didn't feel like I wasn't getting enough engagement and satisfaction from the BA bass (Despite it being BY FAR the best BA bass I've heard with the M15 module). After a day of listening I've taken the advert down. I'm definitely a lot more satisfied with the M20 module in and I feel myself getting into the music more. A little bit of that airy-ness has been sacrificed but its a fair trade for my preferences. It's nice to have the option!

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #160 of 273
I picked up a pair of u12t a week or so ago and am loving them. I've been experimenting with different gear. I prefer the M15 modules and have some Fir Atom XL Modules on the way for further plug fiddling. Last night I plugged them into the headphone setup I normally use for my Abyss 1266TC (Dave/MScaler/Formula S/Powerman) and they sound really good. There's some hum, but it goes away once the volume is turned up. From my brief listen they're close to the Abyss in enjoyment factor.
Now I'm thinking of getting some custom tips to maximize comfort and sealing. I considered a12t but since decided against it because of limited resale potential. Has anyone else done custom tips with the u12t successfully? Somewhere in Canada preferably to minimize cross border hassle but not essential.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #161 of 273
I picked up a pair of u12t a week or so ago and am loving them. I've been experimenting with different gear. I prefer the M15 modules and have some Fir Atom XL Modules on the way for further plug fiddling. Last night I plugged them into the headphone setup I normally use for my Abyss 1266TC (Dave/MScaler/Formula S/Powerman) and they sound really good. There's some hum, but it goes away once the volume is turned up. From my brief listen they're close to the Abyss in enjoyment factor.
Now I'm thinking of getting some custom tips to maximize comfort and sealing. I considered a12t but since decided against it because of limited resale potential. Has anyone else done custom tips with the u12t successfully? Somewhere in Canada preferably to minimize cross border hassle but not essential.

Don't have custom tips for the U12t specifically, but I've had experiences with them for my IER-M9.

My experience is that they're OK, but they pale significantly compared to proper CIEMs. Reasons:

- Sleeves fall out rather easily unless you get the encompassing design, but that's a semi-permanent modification.
- Custom tips use silicone rather than acrylic, which sounds more comfortable but actually isn't. Silicone 'grabs' onto your ear, so you better hope it's absolutely perfect or else it'll hurt more than acrylics.
- Much harder to insert into your ears due to the grabbing effect.
- Makes your IEM stick out a lot more from your ears.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #162 of 273
Don't have custom tips for the U12t specifically, but I've had experiences with them for my IER-M9.

My experience is that they're OK, but they pale significantly compared to proper CIEMs. Reasons:

- Sleeves fall out rather easily unless you get the encompassing design, but that's a semi-permanent modification.
- Custom tips use silicone rather than acrylic, which sounds more comfortable but actually isn't. Silicone 'grabs' onto your ear, so you better hope it's absolutely perfect or else it'll hurt more than acrylics.
- Much harder to insert into your ears due to the grabbing effect.
- Makes your IEM stick out a lot more from your ears.

Thanks. It doesn’t sound like custom tips are the best option.......

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #163 of 273
Thanks. It doesn’t sound like custom tips are the best option.......

Custom tips sound (hehehehe) like a good option til you try them. That being said, if you want a taste of what customs feel like, if you can withstand silicone tips you can definitely survive actual custom acrylic IEMs.

I mostly treated my custom tips as a warm-up to the A12t.

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #164 of 273
Custom tips sound (hehehehe) like a good option til you try them. That being said, if you want a taste of what customs feel like, if you can withstand silicone tips you can definitely survive actual custom acrylic IEMs.

I mostly treated my custom tips as a warm-up to the A12t.

Yo, apropos a12t, I got a copper/silver cable recently that tigthened upper bass and extended the highs, just FYI, I remember you mentioned some of the drawbacks of custom for this model too. I feel they've been transformed since the cable change really.

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #165 of 273
Yo, apropos a12t, I got a copper/silver cable recently that tigthened upper bass and extended the highs, just FYI, I remember you mentioned some of the drawbacks of custom for this model too. I feel they've been transformed since the cable change really.

I personally don't buy into cables changes, so that's that settled.

That being said, the custom is certainly darker than the U12t: I initially actually complained that the U12t was a bit sizzling on the hot side for me, so I'm glad the rumours that the A12t was a bit darker were true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back