64 Audio A12t/U12t Impressions
May 21, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #136 of 273
Can anyone that transitioned from Campfire Andromeda's to the U12T's give me some of your insight on why or why I shouldn't switch over to the U12T's? Been heavily debating.

Mostly better fit and bass. If you have the Andromeda's and don't mind the hypersensitivity of it nor the comfort, a bit of a hard sell to upgrade to the U12t's unless you're really invested in IEMs.

May 21, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #137 of 273
Can anyone that transitioned from Campfire Andromeda's to the U12T's give me some of your insight on why or why I shouldn't switch over to the U12T's? Been heavily debating.

I found the Andromeda lacking bass, so I made the jump to A12t mainly for that reason. They also have better detail and instrumental separation than the Andromeda.

May 21, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #138 of 273

I really could not stand the sound signature of Andromeda: 1) the highs, 2) lack of 'fullness' of sound, 3) bass is too punchy. And Andromeda is too hyper sensitive to source.
So I switched to A12, the result is: more details, more realistic, balanced and full. not sensitive to source at all.

If you don't feel you could not stand Andromeda, you just want to try something new, then I guess it is not really necessary to invest in u12t.
But maybe you can give it a try, 64Audio offers free audition before buying.

Or try the new Andromeda 7 BA drivers version (called Ara)

I feel that the problem with Andromeda is, although each of the 5 drivers is really really well done, really clean and they work together perfectly, however all the energies and details come from these few drivers's peaks, that are not full spectrum coverage, and too energetic.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #139 of 273
I transitioned from andromeda to u12t... and then back to andromeda again :) the u12t has some impressive technicalities in some areas to the andro like wider imaging, and just sounding a bit bigger overall, but they also have deficiencies in the frequency response that i couldnt handle - especially the upper treble i just found a bit harsh - if you see some graphs there is some lack of smoothness there. The Andromedas I find sounding more coherent and together overall, to me they are the more "correct" sounding iem, so i got rid of my u12t
Sir would you define correct sounding, because andro to me sounded the most faulty iem after campfire IO.

I am not here to confuse anybody

After trying them first

Then referring to graphs

Then trying it again

Andromeda is not a bit correct or linear.

Bloaty bass, spikey treble, hazy mids which gives a lifeless weird stage(which people love)

64audio A12t vocal sounded most correct while going through multiple of tracks. Did justice to almost every genre I throwed. Then I checked AES paper and saw 64audio A12t measurement, and it is way more correct by researchers who are researching on frequency response for a long period of time.

Andro measurement is as weird as you can get . ok, let's not talk graphs

I hear serious thickening of mids which for me was yuck.
And then a clink clank in treble as someone hitting thin price of metal

Heck, when I see Andro review, I feel like people are reviewing Solaris. Solaris is what you say huge stage and correct timbre.

For me, 64audio A12t destroys Andromeda in everything. I think Moondrop S8 kills andromeda

Now, one last thing, some people may bash me. But after countless testing, some people enjoy the weird sound for fun. 64audio A12t is serious monitoring gear where accuracy of timbre is important

Andromeda is something which adds weird space to everything like a surround filter is enabled.

I would like to hear very specific minute difference from @emilsoft

Because for me Andro was not that great

(For my background, I grew up with Harman Target and Diffuse curve, etymotic ER4 and AKG N5005)

May 21, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #140 of 273
64audio A12t is serious monitoring gear where accuracy of timbre is important

Can't agree more with that, A12t's sound is something that you can 'trust', from precise positioning to texture and tonality of each instrument, everything is correct and realistic. It is designed for not only audiophiles, but also musicians and mixing engineers, so everything need to be correct, it need to honestly reproduce everything on the recording correctly.

'correct' doesn't mean it will satisfy everyone, some people may prefer extracted reproduction. A12t's sound stage is correct, but not big. There are IEMs with huge sound stage, but all instruments are not pin-point precise, their positions are smeared to a range of spaces, not a precise point. Some people may like this, and call the sound stage 'better' than A12.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #141 of 273
Sir would you define correct sounding, because andro to me sounded the most faulty iem after campfire IO.

After trying them first

Then referring to graphs

Then trying it again

Bloaty bass, spikey treble, hazy mids which gives a lifeless weird stage(which people love)

64audio A12t vocal sounded most correct while going through multiple of tracks. Did justice to almost every genre I throwed. Then I checked AES paper and saw 64audio A12t measurement, and it is way more correct by researchers who are researching on frequency response for a long period of time.

Heck, when I see Andro review, I feel like people are reviewing Solaris. Solaris is what you say huge stage and correct timbre.

For me, 64audio A12t destroys Andromeda in everything. I think Moondrop S8 kills andromeda

Now, one last thing, some people may bash me. But after countless testing, some people enjoy the weird sound for fun. 64audio A12t is serious monitoring gear where accuracy of timbre is important

Andromeda is something which adds weird space to everything like a surround filter is enabled.

(For my background, I grew up with Harman Target and Diffuse curve, etymotic ER4 and AKG N5005)

thnx for ur detailed impressions, going against the hype-herd is never easy lol :) but u backed up ur opinion with logic, very rare, big respect

can u pls reommend Solaris vs U12t?

May 21, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #142 of 273

After trying them first

Then referring to graphs

Then trying it again

Got the AES paper? Want to give it a read myself.

With respects to the Andromeda bass, that's a problem if the output impedance is too high. Gets all flabby and weird.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #143 of 273
Got the AES paper? Want to give it a read myself.

With respects to the Andromeda bass, that's a problem if the output impedance is too high. Gets all flabby and weird.
i have....
but cannot share on public domain

but it is all about frequecy curves and how the ear pinna works

as for andro...

tried on Benchmark DAC3 which has ideal 0ohm output impedance

so, nope.... andro for me is purely no no

May 21, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #144 of 273
i have....
but cannot share on public domain

but it is all about frequecy curves and how the ear pinna works

as for andro...

tried on Benchmark DAC3 which has ideal 0ohm output impedance

so, nope.... andro for me is purely no no

Do you have the title? I have AES membership through my university.

May 21, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #145 of 273
If you don't feel you could not stand Andromeda, you just want to try something new, then I guess it is not really necessary to invest in u12t.
But maybe you can give it a try, 64Audio offers free audition before buying.

I sent 64 Audio a message asking about auditions, but they haven't gotten back to me. Do you think they would even give auditions during these COVID times? Where did you get your free audition at?

Their website says there is a 15% off flagship custom in-ears.. with the A12t being one of them. 64 Audio has gotten my attention...

May 23, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #146 of 273
I sent 64 Audio a message asking about auditions, but they haven't gotten back to me. Do you think they would even give auditions during these COVID times? Where did you get your free audition at?

Their website says there is a 15% off flagship custom in-ears.. with the A12t being one of them. 64 Audio has gotten my attention...
Man... America is struck by corona pretty hard.
Mostly they always reply on time but due to corona situation... You can expect delay

May 23, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #147 of 273
May 23, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #148 of 273
thnx for ur detailed impressions, going against the hype-herd is never easy lol :) but u backed up ur opinion with logic, very rare, big respect

can u pls reommend Solaris vs U12t?
Solaris
Hmmm it ticks all the point till 4kHz on slightly thick ER4XR. Less upper midrange than common DF but accurate positioning.. So it feels more softer on female vocal than ER4XR and better done bass. The treble is difining factor as it dip at where cymbal fundamental starts and then raises the treble at first cymbal harmonic and then go pretty linear.

In sound. It feels neutral and expanded shimmer. Cymbal may sound less focused and more spread out but yet energetic. As the raise is in first cymbal harmonic and then its pretty common linearity in high octave. So its spread out cymbal and air, rather than more air.

The way its presented is what people review andromeda.
Balanced and airy. I mean to say, people review on andro makes me feel like they review Solaris.

Now about A12t. It has more air and shimmer. Like limitless. But it is expanded less artificially and also darker than sometime shouty pure Harman Curve. The A12t bass is godly . it beats dynamic to pulp if the track is hip hop style.

The best part is the stage is near spherical.
Its something which ticks everything and then by driver amount brute force excel at all.

Solaris is more tame and spread out. The feeling of expanse.

A12t is chameleon. It changes with M15 and M20 and also with songs you throw at it. Plus its better for long time listening not due to apex but due to its tuning.

I prefer A12t over A18t any day

Have to try A18s as its the true successor to 12t

May 23, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #149 of 273
I prefer A12t over A18t any day Have to try A18s as its the true successor to 12t

I am tempted to upgrade A12 to u18t. Heard that u18t /A18t is much more resolving than A12t/u12t, and flat, and better sound stage (larger). What you don't like about A18t?

May 23, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #150 of 273
Solaris
Hmmm it ticks all the point till 4kHz on slightly thick ER4XR. Less upper midrange than common DF but accurate positioning.. So it feels more softer on female vocal than ER4XR and better done bass. The treble is difining factor as it dip at where cymbal fundamental starts and then raises the treble at first cymbal harmonic and then go pretty linear.

In sound. It feels neutral and expanded shimmer. Cymbal may sound less focused and more spread out but yet energetic. As the raise is in first cymbal harmonic and then its pretty common linearity in high octave. So its spread out cymbal and air, rather than more air.

The way its presented is what people review andromeda.
Balanced and airy. I mean to say, people review on andro makes me feel like they review Solaris.

Now about A12t. It has more air and shimmer. Like limitless. But it is expanded less artificially and also darker than sometime shouty pure Harman Curve. The A12t bass is godly . it beats dynamic to pulp if the track is hip hop style.

The best part is the stage is near spherical.
Its something which ticks everything and then by driver amount brute force excel at all.

Solaris is more tame and spread out. The feeling of expanse.

A12t is chameleon. It changes with M15 and M20 and also with songs you throw at it. Plus its better for long time listening not due to apex but due to its tuning.

I prefer A12t over A18t any day

Have to try A18s as its the true successor to 12t

bro....badass comparison, thanks a ton man

i have to try A12T, will be extremely impressed if an IEM with BAs can beat dynamic driver in enjoyment factor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back