634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Mar 27, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #632 of 677
Mar 27, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #634 of 677
Even with kilo buck IEMs, this still is one of my favourites. I am considering getting one more but with copper back, also the option of LOAK-II variant. I wouldn't want it any brighter than Miroak-II, instead warmer.

DSCF4773.jpg

DSCF4775.jpg

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #635 of 677
Miroak.jpg

A Questyle M12 and a FiiO LS-3.5D cable (Silver-Litz) for the Miroak II and it shine like a star!!!

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #636 of 677
loak 2 open.jpg

Got a chance to hear the loak 2 open today. Its really nice but I think it might be a bit too intense in the pinna area. Was wondering why it sounded a tad dark and boosting the post 8khz wasnt helping much. Removed 2dB of 3K and it was so much better.

Interestingly I think that it works best with vocal forcused music or EDM but struggles with fast paced bricked walled metal even though it has really good speed. The Soundstage and saperation just isnt enough to accomodate 2 electric guitars a electric violin and a bass guitar fighting for dominace.

Overall I really like it. Havent asked how much yet need to ask when I go back.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #637 of 677
loak 2 open.jpg

Got a chance to hear the loak 2 open today. Its really nice but I think it might be a bit too intense in the pinna area. Was wondering why it sounded a tad dark and boosting the post 8khz wasnt helping much. Removed 2dB of 3K and it was so much better.

Interestingly I think that it works best with vocal forcused music or EDM but struggles with fast paced bricked walled metal even though it has really good speed. The Soundstage and saperation just isnt enough to accomodate 2 electric guitars a electric violin and a bass guitar fighting for dominace.

Did you try out the Loak2 Brass?

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #638 of 677
New NiceHCK 60 Saga cable for the LP01. Sounds promising on first listen. Shall let them go through the customary 500 hours of running in

01.jpg

02.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #639 of 677
loak 2 open.jpg

Can you suggest a track? Will try with the LOAK-2CL

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #642 of 677
FYI, new models after discontinuation of the LP series and also new Loak2 Ti

https://blog.634ears.com/blog/loak2-renewal/

LOAK2 Renewal & New Model Addition​

With the discontinuation of the LOAK-PROTOTYPE series, we have completely refreshed the lineup of the LOAK2 series.
※ For information regarding the discontinuation of LOAK-PROTOTYPE, please refer to this blog post: “The Future of LOAK-PROTOTYPE.”

New LOAK2 lineup:​

※上記のラインナップ画像はクリックすると拡大表示されます。

Renewed Models:​

• LOAK-PROTOTYPE01 → LOAK2-Ti(CL)LOAK2-TX01
  • LOAK-PROTOTYPE02 → LOAK2-Ti(OP)LOAK2-TX02
The most significant change is the renewal of the LOAK-PROTOTYPE, resulting in branching out into two models produced using two different manufacturing methods: CNC machining and 3D printing.
  1. LOAK2-Ti(CL) and LOAK2-Ti(OP) featuring titanium body housings crafted via CNC machining.
  2. LOAK2-TX01 and LOAK2-TX02 with titanium body housings produced via 3D printing.
CNC machining titanium involves significant time and cost but yields a very clean finish. The shape is identical to the old LOAK2-TS.
On the other hand, 3D printing switched to a higher-performance and more precise domestic output for the housing, improving upon the distortions and layering inconsistencies found in the PROTOTYPE series.
While there are two models based on the difference in body housing production methods, all other aspects such as tuning remain the same. However, the method of producing the housing does affect the sound. The LOAK2-TX models are considered the higher-end models and are now the flagship models for 634EARS. For more details, please refer to the description or product pages of each item.

Newly Added Model:​

• LOAK-TX03
As part of the LOAK2 lineup refresh, the newly added model is LOAK-TX03, one of the flagship models in the LOAK2-TX series. It serves as the higher-end model of the LOAK2-TS(OP), which inherits the sound of the original LOAK. Known for its delicacy and gentle tone, LOAK-TX03 features the softest and mildest sound among all LOAK2 models. For more details, please refer to the description or product pages of each item.

Models with Name Changes:
  • LOAK2(CL) → LOAK2-TS(CL)
  • LOAK2(OP) → LOAK2-TS(OP)
These two models have only undergone name changes. There have been no changes to the sound, but regarding the LOAK2-TS(OP) open type, the diameter of the holes in the backplate’s open section has been slightly increased. For more details, please refer to the description or product pages of each item.

Discontinued Model:​

• LOAK-PROTOTYPE03
This model, made of brass, was originally sold in limited quantities and has now been discontinued. There may be plans to reintroduce a similar model in limited quantities in the future, but as of now, there are no plans to restock the LOAK-PROTOTYPE03.

With the renewal of LOAK2, the number of models has increased. Initially, we were only considering the renewal of LOAK-PROTOTYPE for the CNC-machined LOAK2-Ti. However, due to the exceptional sound quality of the 3D-printed LOAK2-TX, we decided to include it in the product lineup at this time.
DSC01075-1024x576.jpg
DSC00903-1-1024x683.jpg
DSC00932-1024x683.jpg
DSC00904-1024x684.jpg
DSC01031-1024x683.jpg
DSC00971-1024x683.jpg
DSC00276-1024x682.jpg
DSC00935-1024x683.jpg
DSC00926-1024x684.jpg
DSC01041-1024x683.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #643 of 677

With the discontinuation of the LOAK-PROTOTYPE series, we have completely refreshed the lineup of the LOAK2 series.
※ For information regarding the discontinuation of LOAK-PROTOTYPE, please refer to this blog post: “The Future of LOAK-PROTOTYPE.”

The most significant change is the renewal of the LOAK-PROTOTYPE, resulting in branching out into two models produced using two different manufacturing methods: CNC machining and 3D printing.
  1. LOAK2-Ti(CL) and LOAK2-Ti(OP) featuring titanium body housings crafted via CNC machining.
  2. LOAK2-TX01 and LOAK2-TX02 with titanium body housings produced via 3D printing.
CNC machining titanium involves significant time and cost but yields a very clean finish. The shape is identical to the old LOAK2-TS.
On the other hand, 3D printing switched to a higher-performance and more precise domestic output for the housing, improving upon the distortions and layering inconsistencies found in the PROTOTYPE series.
While there are two models based on the difference in body housing production methods, all other aspects such as tuning remain the same. However, the method of producing the housing does affect the sound. The LOAK2-TX models are considered the higher-end models and are now the flagship models for 634EARS. For more details, please refer to the description or product pages of each item.

• LOAK-TX03
As part of the LOAK2 lineup refresh, the newly added model is LOAK-TX03, one of the flagship models in the LOAK2-TX series. It serves as the higher-end model of the LOAK2-TS(OP), which inherits the sound of the original LOAK. Known for its delicacy and gentle tone, LOAK-TX03 features the softest and mildest sound among all LOAK2 models. For more details, please refer to the description or product pages of each item.

These two models have only undergone name changes. There have been no changes to the sound, but regarding the LOAK2-TS(OP) open type, the diameter of the holes in the backplate’s open section has been slightly increased. For more details, please refer to the description or product pages of each item.

• LOAK-PROTOTYPE03
This model, made of brass, was originally sold in limited quantities and has now been discontinued. There may be plans to reintroduce a similar model in limited quantities in the future, but as of now, there are no plans to restock the LOAK-PROTOTYPE03.

With the renewal of LOAK2, the number of models has increased. Initially, we were only considering the renewal of LOAK-PROTOTYPE for the CNC-machined LOAK2-Ti. However, due to the exceptional sound quality of the 3D-printed LOAK2-TX, we decided to include it in the product lineup at this time.
DSC01075-1024x576.jpg
DSC00903-1-1024x683.jpg
DSC00932-1024x683.jpg
DSC00904-1024x684.jpg
DSC01031-1024x683.jpg
DSC00971-1024x683.jpg
DSC00276-1024x682.jpg
DSC00935-1024x683.jpg
DSC00926-1024x684.jpg
DSC01041-1024x683.jpg

A'ight that's it. I'm upgrading to TX01.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #644 of 677

• LOAK-TX03

• LOAK-PROTOTYPE03

DSC01075-1024x576.jpg
DSC00903-1-1024x683.jpg
DSC00932-1024x683.jpg
DSC00904-1024x684.jpg
DSC01031-1024x683.jpg
DSC00971-1024x683.jpg
DSC00276-1024x682.jpg
DSC00935-1024x683.jpg
DSC00926-1024x684.jpg
DSC01041-1024x683.jpg

Wow now I am VERY interested. Sent an email with my questions…

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #645 of 677
Edit: What I do not understand is that people are not going after the LOAK-2(CL). It is a terrific iem for the price!
Just submitted my request for the new LOAK2-TS(CL) in Copper Blue with a 4.4 cable. I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed response to my question about the Singularity comparison. This is much more what I was looking for in both sound and aesthetics, at half the price, as DIY as it gets, supporting smaller creators.

I cannot wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back