$60 FOR HD650 EARPADS?
Jan 18, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #31 of 36
The HD580 uses the same pads as the HD650.  I paid $200 for my HD580 brand new (and it came with a DSP-Pro) and full retail at the time was $260.  So $60 for pads is 23% of retail and 30% of street price.

When parts prices get proportioned to the retail price of the cans the pricing structure goes wonky.  That's one of the reasons that leads to the feeling of being ripped off or over-charged for replacement ear pads.  Should the HD650 pads cost more than the HD580 pads?

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #32 of 36
Not referring to price of pads to price of phones, I mean price of pads to price of material. I guarantee you they cost cents to make.

Well, nothing to do about it. I will have to buy 60 dollars for slabs of velour and foam.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #33 of 36
Buy them direct from the Sennheiser USA parts and accessories online store.  You'll save a few bucks.  Probably come to about $50 with the shipping charges.

Then plan on buying new pads again in 5 years or so.  Depending on how often you wear them and how large your head is.  If you have a large head the pads will get squished to death (flat as a pancake) faster than if you have a smaller head.

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #36 of 36
Seems velour is very fragile. I brought my HD600s to school today, heh. Only thing is that there's no place to really put them when your teacher tells you to put them away. I don't think I'll be bringing these much anymore though cause they get dirty & stuffz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back