$60 FOR HD650 EARPADS?
Jan 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 36
start your own little earpad business.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 36

Quote:
Tools and know how are expensive. 

Quote:
I've been thinking of replacing them... good god! 60 dollars for foam and velour? I could make these for cents if I had the tools and knew how! 

they're overcharging by a whole lot IMHO. jmoney can offer lambskin earpads for denon's for $80, now i don't know how much leather costs compared to velour (a fabric) but i would imagine the leather is much costlier

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 36
Sennheiser USA has them for $44.44 + shipping in their online parts and accessories store.

Still more expensive than I think they are worth on a purely parts and materials and manufacturing basis.  But what are you gonna do when the ear pads on your $400 headphone are worn thin and needing to be replaced?

Sennheiser isn't the worst offender.  Their replacement parts tend to be more reasonably priced (and at least available) than some other headphone companies.  Sony?  Denon?

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 36

Quote:
Sennheiser USA has them for $44.44 + shipping in their online parts and accessories store.

Still more expensive than I think they are worth on a purely parts and materials and manufacturing basis.  But what are you gonna do when the ear pads on your $400 headphone are worn thin and needing to be replaced?

Sennheiser isn't the worst offender.  Their replacement parts tend to be more reasonably priced (and at least available) than some other headphone companies.  Sony?  Denon?

or ultrasone...wonder how much it costs to replace earpads for the edition 10...

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 36
they must have diamond dust embedded into the velour fabric and be crafted by gifted midgets of the unicorn kingdom to cost that much for pads.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 36

Quote:
they must have diamond dust embedded into the velour fabric and be crafted by gifted midgets of the unicorn kingdom to cost that much for pads.

hey!...my relative works there...and no, it's cubic zirconia

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #11 of 36
...$60 isn't that terrible in the pad world... That's a pair right? $60 doesn't even pay for one O2 pad...which is why I'm bothering to make my own pads for the fauxpants I'm making.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #13 of 36

Quote:
O2 is different. Those are some fine leather pads...HD650 pads are made of velour and foam...

Pleather. Nice pleather though, supposedly. Again, tooling is expensive, and there's the fact that you pretty much have to get them, so they can basically charge anything they want and get away with it.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #15 of 36
There is something so alluring to a brand new HD650 pad.  Maybe it's the fluffyness to it but they look and feel so damn comfortable when they're fresh outta the box. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back