50-75$ Headphone Amp to drive 150Ohm headset.
Dec 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #16 of 26
MAGNI seems to get a lot of love even before theres an official release / or a review.. I might be just seeing my side of the coin, but can some one hook me up with a review? 

I want to know if they are able to drive iems without hiss .. and also about its portability 

Dec 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 26
I am burning it in right now.  Tomorrow morning, after about 18 hours, I will try them with my HD650.  And according the Schiit, they are good with IEM's unless they are really sensitive, and it isn't portable.  It is a tiny desktop amp.  To the original poster, the cmoy is great with high impedance headphones.

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
I am burning it in right now.  Tomorrow morning, after about 18 hours, I will try them with my HD650.  And according the Schiit, they are good with IEM's unless they are really sensitive, and it isn't portable.  It is a tiny desktop amp.  To the original poster, the cmoy is great with high impedance headphones.

Sweet! Looking forward to your review.

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
Would the Schiit Magni be good for the HD650's as well?

People seem to love the O2 with the HD650. Also, somebody posted in the Magni thread that it doesn't work well with IEM's as its hard to get a specific volume as the Magni has so much power that one millimeter move is increasing the volume a lot. Also, IEM's don't need amps..

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
People seem to love the O2 with the HD650. Also, somebody posted in the Magni thread that it doesn't work well with IEM's as its hard to get a specific volume as the Magni has so much power that one millimeter move is increasing the volume a lot. Also, IEM's don't need amps..

Hmm.. 150 for the O2... Don't like how expensive this hobby is... (and I know this isnt a very expensive amp...)

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:
Quote:
Get an O2 and you likely never need another amp. Unless you buy super-inefficient headphones or want fancier looks. Same goes for Schiit Magni.

Thanks for the advise... I gotta do some more research and decide what I want to do...

I'd recommend waiting till there is a comparison on the O2 vs. Magni before investing in either
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #25 of 26
Same goes for Schiit Magni.

The schiit magni has almost twice the output power of the O2 to drive even inefficient headphones .. so i dont think its the same with the magni ..like wolfetan said - best wait while theres a comparison up somewhere! 

I talked to clieos and he said he's trying to contact the company! so we might not be far from seeing a review somewhere up here or @ inearmatters.net!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back