5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music files*
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #361 of 633
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepdad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so do I unzip that huge file in the components folder

Try again tommorrow

No. Unzip somewhere else and drag the foo_channel_mixer.dll into the components folder only. Just because it has numerous dll's doesn't mean you need to use every single one.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #362 of 633
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepdad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so do I unzip that huge file in the components folder

Try again tommorrow

Simply download foo_channel_mixer.7z a 7-Zip file, unzip with winzip/winrar and place foo_channel_mixer.dll in the foobar components folder. Start foobar, move the channel mixer over to active DSP.

Link works fine for me, not sure what I need to update?

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #369 of 633
There's over a dozen different settings to play around with. Have fun.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #370 of 633
A long time ago when I first started using this setup, someone told me that this effect only gets better with a better setup. I was somewhat skeptical, as I thought it would reveal more flaws. But to heck it IS better! My panasonic HJE900s sound absolutely incredible with this setup(though I'm using free surround), especially after messing with the settings and some EQing. I almost want to cry at the aural beauty XD. With my other headphones, I did feel like I might be losing a bit of something. But with these, perhaps because they are so much faster, I feel like I can catch so many things I wasn't noticing with them before I turned on Graphicisms setup, and soundstage is just giving me that "out of head" experience thats especially hard to find with IEMs, because heck, they ARE in your head. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #371 of 633
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A long time ago when I first started using this setup, someone told me that this effect only gets better with a better setup. I was somewhat skeptical, as I thought it would reveal more flaws. But to heck it IS better! My panasonic HJE900s sound absolutely incredible with this setup(though I'm using free surround), especially after messing with the settings and some EQing. I almost want to cry at the aural beauty XD. With my other headphones, I did feel like I might be losing a bit of something. But with these, perhaps because they are so much faster, I feel like I can catch so many things I wasn't noticing with them before I turned on Graphicisms setup, and soundstage is just giving me that "out of head" experience thats especially hard to find with IEMs, because heck, they ARE in your head. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
biggrin.gif

haha. what a cool post. I don't know how many times I throw on my HD650s (or even my cheapo Grados) and I'm constantly and honestly surprised by the sound coming out. Its such an enjoyable experience.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #373 of 633
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like it but i've also tried Dolby Pro Logic II it sounds better imo but couldn't get it to work with foobar.

Did you ever see this: Dolby Pro Logic II wrapper

I have never tried it myself but figure it may be what you are looking for.
Hope this helps.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #375 of 633
I've tried to achieve the same effect using Dolby Pro Logic but I could not.

Also the effect is absolutely headphone dependent. The 4.1 setup on Channel mixer sounds wonderful on my HD595, almost no timbre change, out of the head soundstage but upfront presentation, really fun setup for rock and metal. However it sounds absolute crap on my ATH-CKM55. Tried many different setups and the soundstage only gets congested, barely outside my head, and distorted (its in a curve shape, near my ears but far from my nose). These ATH already have outstanding soundstage for IEM at this price, so I'll stick with their stock sound
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back