5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music files*
Oct 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #466 of 633
My first post here, though I´ve been following this forum  for some time.
I´m anxious to test the 5.1 headphone effect, but I can´t load the   foo_input_dts in Foobar   "Available DSPs", although it´s been listed in "Components".  I´ve followed the tutorial of the first post, afaik,  so  may be it´s  some kind of software conflict among the .dll,  Asio4all, and  Foobar 1.1, all running in WinXP SP3.
Any help will be well come !

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #467 of 633

Quote:
My first post here, though I´ve been following this forum  for some time.
I´m anxious to test the 5.1 headphone effect, but I can´t load the   foo_input_dts in Foobar   "Available DSPs", although it´s been listed in "Components".  I´ve followed the tutorial of the first post, afaik,  so  may be it´s  some kind of software conflict among the .dll,  Asio4all, and  Foobar 1.1, all running in WinXP SP3.
Any help will be well come !

I have the same issue, am running windows 7 x64, listed in components but not Available DSP...i read it's only working with the last beta of foobar and was disabled in the latest release :/

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #468 of 633
I think in the newer version, it has changed : it is not a DSP anymore, it is by default a file format "reader", as any other input you may have (aac input dll, alac input dll, etc.), so it will be used if you want to use a .dts file I guess.
But correct me if I am wrong !

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #469 of 633

Quote:

I have the same issue, am running windows 7 x64, listed in components but not Available DSP...i read it's only working with the last beta of foobar and was disabled in the latest release :/

Thanks for the heads up.  Search for older version of the dll, but didn´t find it.  Maybe,  Damnegy be right.

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #470 of 633

Quote:
I think in the newer version, it has changed : it is not a DSP anymore, it is by default a file format "reader", as any other input you may have (aac input dll, alac input dll, etc.), so it will be used if you want to use a .dts file I guess.
But correct me if I am wrong !

this explains why i could still play the sample 5.1 acs file i guess, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #471 of 633
No, just tried it. it works fine. I guess in the newer versions the DTS is implemented somehow.Test the files channels regardless of whether you can install it like that and you will see that it does in fact play as its supposed to. Hope that helps some.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #472 of 633
I had the same issue of DTS not showing up under DSP's but like others have said the test file played just fine. I thought using foobar with asio4all was a huge improvement over the default setup I had. But WOW.... this really brings out the liveliness in my music so much more so than the included  IDT and XFi crystalizer software.
o2smile.gif
Many thanks OP!

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #476 of 633

Quote:
Is it all possible to get this effect on a portable media player, say the Cowon J3?  I've become so used to it on my computer that I "need" it whenever I listen to music. 
tongue.gif

Well, there are some crossfeed effect on some players (on rockboxed players at least), or you can convert your tracks with foobar and include the DSP effects you want, but won't be able to change the settings (right-click your track(s), go to convert, then ... and choose the DSP settings you wish to include, the format of the file, etc.)

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #477 of 633
I did it and it works but only with my M-audio delta output, when i run WASABI gives me error Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #478 of 633

Quote:
I did it and it works but only with my M-audio delta output, when i run WASABI gives me error Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels

Did you reconfigure the "channel mixer" and "dolby headphone" under the processing section?  I realized that the settings weren't correct when I first converted the songs, but it was fixed once I changed the settings. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back