4th Annual St. Louis Spring Meet (June 9, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #76 of 138
Wonderful! I actually also have a Mytek 8X192ADDA which has an amazing headphone amp in it-I'll bring that too. It's what I use as my main studio converter. It'll be interesting to hear the professional gear compared to the audiophile stuff.
Well I’m coming dacless as my Yggdrasil is going in for repairs and upgrades so if you need a place to park your stuff I’ll be more than happy to share my gear. Only have one amp that has balanced inputs but the one that will be running my Abyss.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #77 of 138
My Pro iCan has balanced inputs. How about this scenario: Mytek 8X192ADDA -> Pro iCan -> Abyss :astonished:

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #78 of 138
I decided to bring the WA5. So I will have one DAC and two amps. Glad to share.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #79 of 138
I ran some tests this evening, and decided on my Opus#2 as the DAC for this Cayin iHA-6 I'm bringing. It just makes that amp sound so much clearer and more transparent.

Which means the iBasso DX150 will be for IEM listening.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #80 of 138
My Pro iCan has balanced inputs. How about this scenario: Mytek 8X192ADDA -> Pro iCan -> Abyss :astonished:
I’ve tried the iCan Pro with the Abyss and didn’t like it much. We will give it another try though it does have awesome power. My gear is totally up to trying anything. I’m up for anything.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #81 of 138
I ran some tests this evening, and decided on my Opus#2 as the DAC for this Cayin iHA-6 I'm bringing. It just makes that amp sound so much clearer and more transparent.

Which means the iBasso DX150 will be for IEM listening.
Please bring the Tia Fourtes also I think someone has the LCD i4’s and that would be so awesome to hear each side by side.

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #82 of 138
Please bring the Tia Fourtes also I think someone has the LCD i4’s and that would be so awesome to hear each side by side.

Yep. Fourté is the main one I'm bringing. Would love to share my Legend X with everyone, but it's a CIEM, so I'll just leave that home.

Other IEMs I may bring are Final Audio e5000. IMR Acoustics R1. I love those two an awful lot.

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #83 of 138
Yep. Fourté is the main one I'm bringing. Would love to share my Legend X with everyone, but it's a CIEM, so I'll just leave that home.

Other IEMs I may bring are Final Audio e5000. IMR Acoustics R1. I love those two an awful lot.
Thanks I heard the Tia Fourtes at CanJam 17 and were the best of show. Nice to hear them again.

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #84 of 138
That’s a serious piece of gear you have. What headphones do you mix with or do you just use speakers?

Heh, well, my day job typically involves audio engineering duties at Powell Hall for the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra.
I'm the assistant to their recording engineer of 25 years, who runs The Pan Galactic Company. I also do a lot of archive restoration work using my fleet of vintage analog and digital tape machines.,

The Lynx Hilo is a very serious Mastering grade AD/DA rig, too.

My current headphone stock is basically:
AKG K240DF
Sony MDR-7506
Sony MDR-7509
Sony MDR-V600 (they were free.....)
I would like to get a few sets of really nice headphones, though. I also have a wonky (O2 dead, ODAC working) O2/ODAC, and a Benchmark IFA-7 can amp.

Unlike most headphone fanatics, I adore closed back headphones, as I use them on location for in-field monitoring. Open backs would be useless for me, professionally.

I'm mainly a speaker guy. My current speaker inventory is thus:
All are pairs unless otherwise stated.

Dynaudio Confidence C4
Dynaudio BM15A
Yamaha NS-10MC
Tannoy 3833gg based custom speakers (Churchill drivers/crossover, Arden cabinets)
Tannoy System 12DMT
Tannoy System 6 NFM II (one is blown, but they were $20!)
Bozak Concert Grands x3
Bozak Symphonies
Bozak B-302A’s
Bozak Concerto V’s
Various Bozak parts and cabinets
ElectroVoice Sentry 100A x6
ElectroVoice Sentry 3 x4
ElectroVoice 30W x2
ElectroVoice VariplexB x3
ElectroVoice Georgian
ElectroVoice SX-100+
ElectroVoice Patrician II/III x1
ElectroVoice TS-12-2
JBL c56 Dorian
JBL 4645B x2
JBL 4688-4 x1
JBL 8340A x8
JBL SR4722
ProAc Tablette Ref8
Legacy Audio minimonitors
Altec 604C x1
Altec 605A x1
LEE Catenoid x1
NHT SuperZeroes (3) and sub/amp
Bang and Olufsen Penta 1’s
Bang and Olufsen RL60.2 x4 (they might be RL45’s....)
Bang and Olufsen CX-110
Acoustic Reaearch AR3A’s
New Large Advents
Yamaha SW118IV
Realistic Minimus 7 x4
Optimus Pro 55XAV

There's probably a bunch of others I am missing.

Not bad for a 26 year old, eh?

Well I’m coming dacless as my Yggdrasil is going in for repairs and upgrades so if you need a place to park your stuff I’ll be more than happy to share my gear. Only have one amp that has balanced inputs but the one that will be running my Abyss.

Yay! I'll try and bring enough outputs for everyone! I can't find my DB25-XLRM breakout at the moment, otherwise we could use the Mytek as a 4 duplicated stereo output splitter. For those with AES inputs in their DAC, we can split AES outputs from the MOTU 112D I use to make my laptop talk to the digital world. The pastabilities are endless!

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #86 of 138
Can anyone confirm if there will be any high end STAX at this event? It is a 4 hour drive for me and I am about to call to rent a car for tomorrow, but I want to be 100% certain I will get to hear everything I want... will be my first event... so far everything I want to hear I see listed except for STAX.

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #87 of 138
Can anyone confirm if there will be any high end STAX at this event? It is a 4 hour drive for me and I am about to call to rent a car for tomorrow, but I want to be 100% certain I will get to hear everything I want... will be my first event... so far everything I want to hear I see listed except for STAX.
One of the members @vinekly mentioned he will try to bring his Stax SR009

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #88 of 138
One of the members @vinekly mentioned he will try to bring his Stax SR009[/
I should be able to make it.

Mfsl gold
Sony cdp-xa7es
Ecp dsha2
Mjolnir Octave v2
Hd800
Sr-404le

@antimatter when do you think you’ll be there? I’d prefer not to lug my energizer out and wondered if people could demo the 009s on your Octave??? I could bring some other Stax too.

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #89 of 138
I will try my best to make it down tomorrow. This’ll be my first headphone meet of any kind—looking forward to seeing what’s involved.

Focal Elex
Noble Kaiser K10U
FLC-8S
Schiit Lyr 2
Topping D50

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #90 of 138
@antimatter when do you think you’ll be there? I’d prefer not to lug my energizer out and wondered if people could demo the 009s on your Octave??? I could bring some other Stax too.

I would love to say 10am but my life is pretty darn hectic right now. Noonish is more realistic. Never buy a house with a furnace in the attic.

Anyone want to buy a cheap house in a really nice neighborhood? There might be a furnace in the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back