4th Annual St. Louis Spring Meet (June 9, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #46 of 138
Nice collection of Grados. Really want to hear the GS2000E’s have the RS1’s and love the old GS1000’s.
Thanks I fell down the rabbit hole fast. I haven’t heard the GS1000’s but I’d like to. People talk about GS1000i a lot. One day I hope to hear the HP1000.

The GS2000E is probably my favorite of the bunch!

Just wrote this up today

https://www.head-fi.org/posts/14260646/

May 24, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #47 of 138
I’d like to hear those Audeze Mobius.
Me too don’t have them though. Do have a pair of The Abyss that I will be bringing.

May 24, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #49 of 138
Also your Aeons will sound very nice from the Amps and Sound Kenzie. Glad to have you aboard I came last year good time and good gear.

May 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #51 of 138
Okay I’ll do my best to bring them out too. The Stax sigmas are pretty crazy too!

So neat that this is going down. I’ve been a member here for a little bit but just started posting today really and was happily surprised to see this event!

Also didn’t realize JDS was so close. Great company! For the price the O2 can’t be beat.

Happy to see there’s an active community here!
I'm like you. I never knew JDS Labs was so close. I could've popped over with a couple of cans to checkout the Element and the O2 a long time ago. Both of which I will be demoing. I hope JDS Labs will have an O2 stack with the Subjective 3 in-line, would love to hear that set-up. This will be a great opportunity for us locals to listen to some of these summit-fi, mid-fi headphones, earphones and amps that otherwise we couldn't hear. There are next to no headphone dealers in our area.

May 24, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #52 of 138
Me too don’t have them though. Do have a pair of The Abyss that I will be bringing.
Yes!!! I was hoping someone had a pair of the Abyss they could bring.

May 24, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #53 of 138
Thanks! Do they have balanced connections or should I bring an unbalanced cable?
I have an 4-pin XLR to 1/4" adapter I will bring

May 24, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #54 of 138
I'm like you. I never knew JDS Labs was so close. I could've popped over with a couple of cans to checkout the Element and the O2 a long time ago. Both of which I will be demoing. I hope JDS Labs will have an O2 stack with the Subjective 3 in-line, would love to hear that set-up. This will be a great opportunity for us locals to listen to some of these summit-fi, mid-fi headphones, earphones and amps that otherwise we couldn't hear. There are next to no headphone dealers in our area.
It’s true; I had to buy and trade to hear what I wanted. Music for pleasure sells mrspeakers and AlphaTech (amazing repair/used audio shop) sells Grados. Not much else that I know of...

May 24, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #55 of 138
By the way, there is an amazing meta search engine for hifi called hifishark.com that searches every site for results on headphone listings but also includes past sale info . Extremely useful for finding price ranges!

May 24, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #56 of 138
It’s true; I had to buy and trade to hear what I wanted. Music for pleasure sells mrspeakers and AlphaTech (amazing repair/used audio shop) sells Grados. Not much else that I know of...
Same here. I have a laundry list of things I've tried before settling on my current gear. I've heard of Music for Pleasure but I've never been to the shop. I'm interested in hearing the MrSpeakers VOCE. I wonder if they would get a set to demo, hmm.........

May 24, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #57 of 138
Same here. I have a laundry list of things I've tried before settling on my current gear. I've heard of Music for Pleasure but I've never been to the shop. I'm interested in hearing the MrSpeakers VOCE. I wonder if they would get a set to demo, hmm.........
I’d love to hear those too but I doubt it because then they would need to buy an electrostatic amp and the demand in STL for things like Voce is low. I actually bought a bunch of their demos at nice discounts: 430 HAD and mrspeakers ether closed and open (which I later converted to flow). They’re nice guys though and they have killer stuff but they’re really focused on loudspeaker systems.

May 24, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #58 of 138
  • I too will have 1/4 adapter. If an extra amp is needed I can still bring the Woo WA5.

May 24, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #59 of 138
Have heard the Voce I think three times but not the final version. Twice with a Liquid T2 and once from a Blue Hawaii just different than the 009’s but as advertised sub bass very good.

May 24, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #60 of 138
  • I too will have 1/4 adapter. If an extra amp is needed I can still bring the Woo WA5.
That’s some serious hardware. I had the WA6-SE but it’s nothing compare to the WA5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back