$4-500 for Progressive House, etc.
Oct 11, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #16 of 43
TWell, I'm looking to finalize my purchase tonight.
So far I'm looking mainly at the IE8. Unless someone really convinces me otherwise, they look nice. Removable cord, nice looks, and I love sennheiser. Trust there sound quality.
I am still open to suggestions, however. If you can all really say there is something I am missing out on buy getting the IE8s, speak now!
Thanks for your help. There are SOOO many choices I'm overwhelmed, all look nice. To be honest, I am picking Sennheiser because besides Sony and Ultimate Ears I don't know these names, and Monster I dont want because I've head how bad their "Dre" phones are, and it is a big turn off. I really DONT want them, sorry...
But all these things, Westone 3, EX1000, TF10, I'm almost hurting because I can't try them all myself before making a choice!
If you have any other suggestions, I'll still hear them.
Thanks everyone
EDIT : Okay, I'm really having trouble. Really looking solely at the Westone 3 and IE8. I read that the IE8 has more bass, but is much less clear. NOT to say it's not clear, just not as much as the IE8. I know I said I wanted bass, but if the W3 still has amazing bass, I might prefer the "cleanlinesss" of the highs. The idea of "hearing the music as it was meant to be heard" is appealing, more than just bass blasting me. Though I like the bass of my music, my favorite thing is the synths. Those hard electric synths are what I want to sound beautiful, not just bass.
So, With that being said, and I'm still open to other options though, is the IE8 or W3 better? I'd prefer a few opinions from people who have both.
Thanks

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 43
I don't have the IE8 anymore, but from memory the bass on IE8 isn't tight enough for electronic music. Oh, if you are considering Westone 3, why not take a look at Westone 4? Some of the Monster earphones are pretty nice too.

I have only heard the Monster Miles Davis. From memory I'd say that the bass on it is better than IE8, but better is subjective. If you are looking to spend so much money, you should at least consider getting custom earphone, unless you absolutely don't want one.

IE8 is fine, the problem I had when getting it last year was that there were so much fakes around. Dunno how is it now though...

Read some of these review:http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-199-iems-compared-fischer-audio-tandem-hisoundaudio-crystal-added-10-05-11

http://www.head-fi.org/a/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-and-information

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-brainwavz-b2-added-oct-1st-2011

A lot of people just think about SQ first, but after some time you'd realize, comfort matters. You need to put isolation, fit and comfort into the equation too.

I'd suggest reading this: http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/9a/9a3b3a27_TopTier.png and http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f5/f5e7fd2c_IEMchartljokerl.png first.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 43
I checked out the Westone 4s but from what I read people really prefered the W3s... Not sure what to get at all LOL... Best I've ever used is $100 cans so these are gonna be better no matter what

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #19 of 43
As is obvious, there are one too many competent choices available, and at the end of the day, it comes down to exclusively preference. I'm sure you'll be quite fond of the IE8's, which were my exclusive trance & progressive in-ears for nearly 2 years time, to which I've certainly no regrets. However, at the time, I had little to no experience or knowledge of what's out there. I'm almost compelled to say, as far as personal preferences are concerned, I'd take the Miles Davis Trumpets, and even Tributes, over the IE8 10 out of 10 times, but that's much easier said in my case of course since I've owned each. Do NOT be fooled by the lower end Monster line-up; the high end Monsters are nothing short of top tier in-ears, and the Trumpets excel MANY others I've come to own

As a side note, the TF10 are the most musical in ears I've ever owned, and the EX1000 the most technically proficient. Nevertheless, you may very well find the IE8's to your liking, just as much as I've found the EX1000's for my liking. Feel free to PM me anytime my friend. I've heard em' all, and my intents and purposes are no different than yours, being that I too listen to the very same genres (though I'm more a trance & progressive listener). 
smile.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 43

Quote:
As is obvious, there are one too many competent choices available, and at the end of the day, it comes down to exclusively preference. I'm sure you'll be quite fond of the IE8's, which were my exclusive trance & progressive in-ears for nearly 2 years time, to which I've certainly no regrets. However, at the time, I had little to no experience or knowledge of what's out there. I'm almost compelled to say, as far as personal preferences are concerned, I'd take the Miles Davis Trumpets, and even Tributes, over the IE8 10 out of 10 times, but that's much easier said in my case of course since I've owned each. Do NOT be fooled by the lower end Monster line-up; the high end Monsters are nothing short of top tier in-ears, and the Trumpets excel MANY others I've come to own

As a side note, the TF10 are the most musical in ears I've ever owned, and the EX1000 the most technically proficient. Nevertheless, you may very well find the IE8's to your liking, just as much as I've found the EX1000's for my liking. Feel free to PM me anytime my friend. I've heard em' all, and my intents and purposes are no different than yours, being that I too listen to the very same genres (though I'm more a trance & progressive listener). 
smile.gif

STOP IT! YOU KEEP MAKING ME SECOND THINIK MY CHOICES!
LoL... Seriously though, I want to order before 10 tonight. (4 hours.) 
EVERYONE help me narrow down what I should get. Please!

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 43
Just order the IE8 off amazon. their 300$ then you have 30 days to return them if u wanna try another pair.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #22 of 43
I was going to get the iE8's a few days ago, until I found out that the iE 80's were coming out later this month so I decided to hold off. And then I heard about the Monsters, which I too was totally against due to the bad rep of their lower line phones. That all changed when I was introduced to their MD line and I was totally sold. I have them now and I can honestly say that my needs are more than satisfied, and if I want anything more I'd need to move up to customs.

Monsters also have a life-time warranty, and a one off replacement service if you they break and it was your fault.

The iE8's are great headphones too, and I can understand your decision. Let us know how you find them.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #24 of 43
Ended up buying some Sony EX1000's thanks to help from i2ehan. I can NOT wait to experience musical euphorea. Upgrading from $40 IEMs to $500? I can tell you already NO MATTER WHAT I will be impressed. I always thought sound cant be worth that much, but an upgrade from $20 to $40 told me otherwise.
Thanks everyone! I love you all for being so smart and supportive. I get more feedback here than if i post for PC help on a PC help forum or something else along those lines...
We need more forums in the world like this

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #25 of 43
Congrats and welcome to the fold. The EX1000 is amazing. Not as much bass as the IE8 or Monster's offerings, but I never find it to be lacking either.
etysmile.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 43
For trance and with such a small budget, go with the TF10's and an amp... You won't regret it. BA wins when it comes to fast paced music.

You'd be surprised my friend. I listen almost exclusively to trance & progressive, and there are MANY dynamics I've owned that I prefer over my BA's. The EX1000 is no exception, nor is the EX600, GR07, Miles Davis Trumpet, among others.

Besides, if $4-500 is small budget, that's news even to me.

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #28 of 43

Quote:
You'd be surprised my friend. I listen almost exclusively to trance & progressive, and there are MANY dynamics I've owned that I prefer over my BA's. The EX1000 is no exception, nor is the EX600, GR07, Miles Davis Trumpet, among others.
Besides, if $4-500 is small budget, that's news even to me.

I agree 100%; the EX1000 are incredible with all "techno" albums that I have.

And I lol'ed at the "small budget" bit too. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #30 of 43

Quote:
For trance and with such a small budget, go with the TF10's and an amp... You won't regret it. BA wins when it comes to fast paced music.

first time poster, long time lurker...

I found that TF10 is lacking the soundstage, it is an awesome IEM for electronics, but when you listen to vocal trance, you need that 'width' which TF10 can't pull, and the vocal would be a little bit recessed too.

I am also looking for 'the one' for electronic music, at the moment I am still using the old skool M8 (FS1) with it's serious lack of width, though the bottom line is almost perfect :)

Considering MD trumpet at the moment, but not sure if this will give me higher satisfaction than TF10 with electronic genre...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back