3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #736 of 774
Quote:
Just got in. Didn't check my pms (was driving at the time) or I could have picked up hideouspride. Hope he found another way.

Guys need to be last hour not last minute!

Your post about being stuck in traffic in okc was about 10 minutes old when I suggested HideousPride send you a PM to see if he could ride with you (thinking your smartphone would get an e-mail off the PM).  I guess he didn't try that.  He does have a car, but had hoped to carpool with someone. So, I'm pretty sure he will be at the meet in any case.  

For the record, I had also told Danny that if he had no way to get there I would take him down no matter how sick I felt.  I can easily imagine how bummed he would be if he couldn't go - just as bummed as I am for not going!  
redface.gif
   Killer soar throat and sinus infection rules the day...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone - have fun!

Mike

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #737 of 774
Yeah sorry about that, and no, with amount of pms I get there's no way o would have it set to email me. I didn't check my pms after I made that post while moving 5 feet then stopping, and repeat.

Finishing up breakfast and heading there in a minute!

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #738 of 774
Around 12 minutes there, and I have Meelectronics M31 I want to give away, can we do a raffle?

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #742 of 774

It's a great meet so far! Cavalli Audio and HeadAmp brought their latest and greatest. The Liquid Lightning 2 and the GS-X mk2 are outstanding!

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #743 of 774
Great meeting so many of you! Had to duck out a little early, due to overscheduled Saturday, but will definitely be attending more of these.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #748 of 774
Started an impressions thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653681/head-fi-austin-2013-impressions

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #749 of 774
Many thanks to everyone, starting with Chris and Travis, for organizing this very nice, well-attended event. That was seriously good work. Kudos to all.

Although our visit was very casual and we did only a little sampling, we got the sense that things are taking off in Austin and we feel heartened that once we have retrieved our long-boxed gear from storage and used it for a few months, we will begin to accumulate the kind of hands-on experience that will make us focus profitably at future meets.

Phil

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #750 of 774
Many thanks to Pabbi1 for sending me out some components to help build a CTH, and not even accepting shipping! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back