3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Mar 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #751 of 774
Many thanks to everyone, starting with Chris and Travis, for organizing this very nice, well-attended event. That was seriously good work. Kudos to all.

Although our visit was very casual and we did only a little sampling, we got the sense that things are taking off in Austin and we feel heartened that once we have retrieved our long-boxed gear from storage and used it for a few months, we will begin to accumulate the kind of hands-on experience that will make us focus profitably at future meets.

Phil

Was great to meet both of you. Got you on the list to contact next time. :)

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #752 of 774
Man, I ended up having radiator issues and couldn't make the drive out. Had to spend the day looking around salvage yards. Was a real bummer 
size]

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #753 of 774
We'll see you at the Dallas meet this summer, then. :cool:

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #755 of 774
Guitar Center is going to be the best place to try headphones like that. EVery now and then you'll find a Best Buy with something like an Aviator or Pro DJ100 up for demo as well.

Nice-Cans just opened, but he carries mostly high end stuff. 

Quote:
Hey folks. I just signed up today, and I have a big question:

Where in Austin can I try out different headphones? I'm interested mainly in MDR V6s.

Fry's? Guitar Center?

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #760 of 774
Would also like to comeback and say thanks again for the guys who set all this up, Im sure it was quite a bit of work. If we do a meet in dallas im down, my main interest atm is getting some head time with some Stax Omegas before I commit. 

But hearing some other phones and setups is always a plus too. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #761 of 774
Sorry to post this here, but the impression threads are all locked for some reason.

Anyway... I finally got the pics I took processed and posted. Hopefully someone enjoys them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan1son/sets/72157633164893589/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back