3G iPhone Thread
Jun 19, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #91 of 113
I know, that's why I'm hesitant. I'm not sure I watn a >$80 per month phone bill.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #92 of 113
In Quebec there are fees on home lines that are charged due to government taxes. On cellphones they are charged too, under the same names even, except they don't go to the government lol.

If this iPhone is going to cost 80$/month i'll probably drop fido for a cheaper alternative (Koodo)

Jun 23, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #93 of 113
att works well in LA. i pay about $100 a month for my current blackberry, with its data plan at $40, so the new $30 data plan for the iphone is actually cheaper for me. i think i might get one!

does anybody know if it's at all possible to change the flash memory in there to a 32gb? i'm wondering if it's the same flash memory used in the 32gb ipod touch... i would have no problems paying 200 for the 8gb iphone, then another 200 to upgrade to 32gb by a DIY'er.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #94 of 113
Its most likely possible to change the memory, but it would void any warranty on the thing.

I really want to get the new Iphone, but I don't have 3g in my area. A sales man at at&t told me we would have it here by the end of the year but thats probably just what they are told to say.

SO make sure you actually have 3g in your area.

On a side note, It seems expensive phone bills are getting more and more popular. We pay 250 a month with 4 lines and 1 data plan, unlimited text and a crap load of minutes (verizon). Some people pay almost half of that for 1 phone.

For some reason I feel comfortable getting a separate line and paying 70 - 100 bucks a month for an Iphone. Wait, now I am wondering If its worth it again.

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #95 of 113
One reason for the new iPhone's low price could be that that production costs are $50 lower than for the old iPhone.
Macworld | Report: New 3G iPhone costs $173 to make
The switch to the altered business model of sales subsidies by service providers instead of revenue sharing was already discussed.

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #96 of 113
stinks about the $30 per month of data + text messaging ! kind of ridiculous. you end up paying like $200 more than the old iphone for a 2 year contract. psssh.

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #97 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stinks about the $30 per month of data + text messaging ! kind of ridiculous. you end up paying like $200 more than the old iphone for a 2 year contract. psssh.

And it's not even unlimited text!

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #98 of 113
Are we 100% sure about these prices for the iPhone 3g's plans? I just called AT&T yesterday and the representative I talked to said even they were unsure what the plans will cost. She said Apple has not given them a final word on anything yet and that information I've read on the Internet is just speculation and may or may not turn out to be the truth. She was very nice, but unfortunately little help in answering my pricing questions. What do you make of that?

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #99 of 113
Will the iphone provide push email even without a corporate server? Can I get push email with my personal gmail?

This will probably help me decide as I love the push email feature on my blackberry. I get email immediately as my pc does..

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #100 of 113
For syncing emails, you might be able to just use Gmail and IMAP. Depends on how Google implemented IMAP. The iPhone supports IMAP IDLE, which works as push. Yahoo can already push emails onto iphones.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #101 of 113
Finally the Norwegian iPhone prices have been announced.
Just insane prices if you ask me.
mad.gif

Netcom iTalk
picture1fc7.png

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #102 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally the Norwegian iPhone prices have been announced.
Just insane prices if you ask me.
mad.gif

TeliaSonera announced their prices in Finland. Insane here too.

All the prices are in EUR so you can multiply them with ~1,5 if you want the price in USD.

Puhe = Speaktime (minutes per month) (What's the correct term?)
Tekstiviestit = Text messages
Data = Data (mb per month)
Kuukausimaksu = Monthly payment

At the end there's prices for the phones themselves.

Minun Sonera is the plan where you pay based on the time you speak, send messages or use data. It's still very expensive though. One megabyte of data transfer costs 1,49 euros. One minute of speaktime is 0,079snt/min and one textmessage 0,069snt. And with this plan you pay 429 euros for the phone.

Source: Näin paljon iPhone lopulta maksaa / Mobiili / Digitoday

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #103 of 113
Oh dear! You guys don't get a lot of inclusive minutes/txts per month for the amount of money you're charged
eek.gif

I'm really surprised they actually 'clock' your data usage... In the UK, data is more or less unlimited, even on the cheaper price plans.

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #105 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh dear! You guys don't get a lot of inclusive minutes/txts per month for the amount of money you're charged
eek.gif

I'm really surprised they actually 'clock' your data usage... In the UK, data is more or less unlimited, even on the cheaper price plans.

Exactly!
At least I expected the prices to be a bit lower, and the possibility of unlimited data transfer. If you go past the data transfer limit you pay $2 (NOK 10) for each MB.

I'll pass for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back