3G iPhone Thread
Jun 9, 2008 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 113

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Well, we're a few hours away. iPhone sales off Apple.com stopped almost a month ago. It's about the one year anniversary of the first gen. Does anyone doubt an update is coming today? We'll see if 3G speeds (hopefully as everyone is already calling it the 3G iPhone
wink.gif
), GPS, front camera/iChat, major gaming, etc. are introduced. Also if the rumored subsidy/major price drop occurs.

For those interested, there will reportedly be live blogging (starting at 10am PT) from several sites, including the below:

MacNN | MacNN | The Macintosh News Network
MacRumors.com : Worldwide Developer Conference 2008 Keynote Live Coverage
Macworld | WWDC 2008 Keynote Live Update
3G iPhone Live Blog at WWDC 2008: Steve Jobs Keynote With Pics - Popular Mechanics

Also looks like there's going to be live audio:
WWDC 2008 Keynote Live Audio Stream | iPhone Alley

And of course Apple is likely to upload a vid later in the day.

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 113
Yep, I pretty much read the same stuff you state in your post, except that I also read that it should be physically thinner - like the Touch.

Personally, I like the idea of the subsidized price, being thinner, but the built-in GPS is just OK in my book - I had a cell phone with the built-in GPS - a Samsung Blackjack - and it was not GREAT, yet again the screen in the iPhone is much bigger...

We should know for "sure" today at 10AM Pacific Time
wink.gif

Will

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol... a thread already and we're like... 4 hours away!

True, but when you like the iPhone as much as we current owners do (I have a Jailbroken 8GB model), we get "silly" every time we hear anything about the new/improved model
wink.gif

Will

Jun 9, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 113
Jun 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 113
Ergh, I woke up early to drop off presents to teachers at my school today, and I should be going home to sleep, but I rather go home two hours later and then stay up waiting for the news.

I'm a sucker for new snazzy electronic stuff...it's the wait that always brings disclosure and insomnia to my head.
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might swing by the Century City Apple Store today for one. Though I expect a huge line and a fast sell-out.

They aren't going to be available for sale in stores today. Just not going to happen.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They aren't going to be available for sale in stores today. Just not going to happen.

All Apple online stores worldwide are currently down.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #11 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe, but if shipping container tracking is in indicator maybe so. Also sometimes flagship stores versus majority hit at different times. Then again supposedly AT&T employees were asked not to take vacation from the 15th-July 12th, so a slight delay may be more realistic.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 113
Heck, if this new iPhone has the ability to Copy and Paste, then I'm pretty much sold.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #13 of 113
Keeping an eye with WWDC '08 at the MacRumors IRC channel.
Can't wait to see what Steve have up his sleeves. Hopefully an updated iPhone, with worldwide release...

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #15 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully an updated iPhone, with worldwide release...

Available in 62 countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back