3G iPhone Thread
Jun 13, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #76 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me why we HAVE TO pay the extra $1,440.00 ($60.00 AS&S plan) for 2 whole years for the crappy service when most people outside the States only need to pay $199 for the iPhone? (If this info is correct) This is BS.

Hey, if they're allowed to 'discriminately' force me to pay the extra $1,440.00 then I'll just have to get my iPhone from abroad. I'll be having my buddy send me iPhones from abroad if I have to. And put them on eBay too, so people could have the freedom of choosing his/her own plan! This is America; why do we have to be stuck for 2 years paying overpriced plan with crappy provider?

If this is indeed true, that other countries don't have to spend an extra $1,440 for an iPhone then everybody should know about this.. and start BOYCOTTING the iPhone!!
mad.gif

damn americans, pretty much everything else is cheaper in the US
tongue.gif

you can swap if youd like!

Jun 14, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #77 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it's $560.16 USD for the 8 Gb and $747.09 USD for the 16Gb approximately. How much is the prepaid card itself? Is 'Optus' one of the cell phone provider? (I'm not familiar with OZ, so pardon me.) Would you happen to know about Vodafone's iPhone plan?

Prepaid Sim card starts at $30AUD, Optus and Vodafone are the telco provider in Oz that's going to sell the iphone. As for vodaphone plan it will be similar price.

Jun 15, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #79 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Verizon its been ok but pricing is on the high side I can get more bang
for my buck with AT&T.

I'm with you. Verison has been raping me for years and this is finally a phone I would be willing to settle with for a while. The guys I work with speak well of AT&T and I don't feel bad about leaving Verison in the least bit....

Jun 15, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #80 of 113
Arent the prices going to drop severely in the US with the arrival of this iPhone also?

I'm worried they'll force the current us iphone plans onto canadian customers and I cannot afford 70$/month... If it's not something I can pay I might just cancel my suscription with fido to go with koodo..

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #81 of 113
Jun 16, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #82 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with you. Verison has been raping me for years and this is finally a phone I would be willing to settle with for a while. The guys I work with speak well of AT&T and I don't feel bad about leaving Verison in the least bit....

With cell phones, think also about coverage. AT&T might have the best price, but if the coverage where you live sucks, the lower price means nothing. One of the guys at work lives on the outskits of the city and only Verizon gives him decent coverage and he basically gets no coverage with AT&T, so no iPhone for him unless he Jailbrakes the iPhone and uses another GSM SIM card ...

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #83 of 113
I plan to get a 3G Iphone and switch from verizon, but something at the pit of my stomach says I wont be as happy as I think. I dont even think 3G coverage is that great in my town. I also dont think I can live with the fact that once i get it, it will probaly be a year before they come out with another improved model, which I would then have to wait another year for my current plan to be up to obtain the newer model (which will probably be out of date by that time).
Anyone following me?

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #84 of 113
Well, I am going to switch from T-mobile as their coverage is just horrible. I also hate how random charges appear on my bill for "services". I think this just can't be avoided with wireless providers. However, an iphone for $199 I just can't turn down.

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #85 of 113
I was thinking about this other day.

Using the iPhone as my source....then the phone rings, and I have to switch out my headphones for a headset, or remove the headphones, and talk on the phone with an amp and LOD attached to it, lol. That doesn't sound too neat.

So the whole allure of using it as a phone AND pmp, just lost its luster. Why get an iPhone when you can buy a touch, and use it for your music if you like the interface, and keep your current phone as what it is....a phone.

But I guess the same could be said for anything all in one, or any smart phone. It's all in one, and you don't have to carry multiple things....

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #86 of 113
Biggest thing holding me back is the $80 a month plan after taxes.

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #88 of 113
There's a whole bunch of miscellaneous taxes.

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #89 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's to be expected with every single wireless provider. Trust me, I have experienced them all...

Jun 19, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #90 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There sure are!
Perhaps even soo many that some of us stay clear just for that reason...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back