3D Printed Abyss Diana Phi/V2 Protective Guard
Mar 17, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #16 of 53
I have a set of Diana v2 coming in, I am interested in these. Curious to see how the clear ones look on the headphone.

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #17 of 53
I have a set of Diana v2 coming in, I am interested in these. Curious to see how the clear ones look on the headphone.
I will post some pics once I get back my brown Diana V2

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #18 of 53
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG

Clear version now available for Brown Dianas

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #19 of 53
Is it possible for you to make a black version for diana v2?

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #20 of 53
Is it possible for you to make a black version for diana v2?
hmm...that could be difficult, I do not have black material available. I can try to paint one if you want. But the paint might not be super durable.

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 53
Ah I see, let me know if you ever get black material to make one. I rather not have them painted as paint chips.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #22 of 53
Excellent work! The execution is really professional. Did you scan the Diana and build the 3D design based off of that?
Also, it’s really great that you share your work without reservation!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #23 of 53
Excellent work! The execution is really professional. Did you scan the Diana and build the 3D design based off of that?
Thanks! I measured my diana with a digital caliper And built the model accordingly.

Mar 28, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #24 of 53
Professionally, I am an industrial designer working in the consumer electronics industry. Headphone is my hoppy, and I would love to help as many people in the community as I can :)

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #25 of 53
Professionally, I am an industrial designer working in the consumer electronics industry. Headphone is my hoppy, and I would love to help as many people in the community as I can :)
I see! No wonder the design is well-made technically. I do some 3D work on zbrush, mostly organic shapes/designs.
On a side note, it must be nice to own all 3 abyss! Do you have a favorite one? I’ve only listened to Diana Phi paired with DMP-Z1.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #26 of 53
Nice! Zbrush is on the list of software that I want to learn. My favorite is actually the V2. I don't do a lot of critical listening nowadays since I mostly listening to music when working at home (that is about 10 hours/day of my life). And I found the Phi and 1266 fatiguing when listening to for a long period of time. I sometimes pull out my 1266 for a 30 minutes listening session and usually turn back to the V2 because of the comfort. I don't listen to the Diana phi now and I am having it listed on sale. 1266 feels like a more "appropriate" version of the Diana Phi. The Phi gets fatiguing even faster because of its crazy resolution being jammed in a small soundstage. The source gears might be the source of the problem (pun intended) but I don't want to get into the rabbit hole of trying all the gears now. V2 and 1266 work perfectly as a duo for me haha.

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #28 of 53
This is very cool, I think company Abyss should take your idea into account. Write to them with a suggestion or make your own headphones and become the best:):beerchug:
I would love to believe that surface finish durability should be taken into account. But just like iPhones and many other delicate products, assuming that they will be taken great cared of by the consumers is a reasonable presumption. So I guess having a scratch-proof finish might not be on the list of priority for them. But as you know, crap happens, and a $3000 headphone can get scratched over time, even being handled with great care. I am just trying to provide a condom solution to give people peace of mind.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #29 of 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Back