$3000 budget on a portable rig !!!
Oct 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #107 of 124
and I play the trump card LMAO !! http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-jude/4671148991/sizes/l/in/set-72157624208464918/ if this photo is legit that looks to me as portable *for me* !!! btw that's a iphone4.

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #108 of 124
its legit, someone posted that from their canjam impressions months back... bear in mind that thats an ottorbox around that phone.. otterboxes are BIG!  none the less, thats the best photo in my opinion that really gives a perspective of its size.. thanks for reposting...

BTW...thats most likely an iphone 3.. the case does not have a cutout for the flash of the iphone 4...

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #109 of 124
if anything its under 5 inches long under 3 inches wide and about 1 inch in thickness according to that pic and if they did some improvements to make it smaller according to jaimes info it would most likely be .7-1.0 inches in thickness and 4.5-5 inches long and 2.5 to 3inches wide.

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #110 of 124

Quote:
The case on top of the prototype digital development mule box is your JH-3A casing plugged into my iPad via a Whiplash LOD. The casing supposed to be identical to the production version unless plans have changed since Can Jam back in June, which is a possibility.  It is certainly portable and you should be able to carry it in a way you could a HM-801.  It's a matter of preference of how much weight you're willing to carry around.  I see it more of a desktop system plugged into an M2Tech HiFace Coax Digital out of a MacBook Pro for the best portable source, but I'm sure it will sound very good from the analog input as well.  The prototype certainly did and that was using JH16 demo units.

Agreed, a matter of preference of how much weight one's willing to lug around. I reckon one should stop just before you'd have to wear a tactical vest
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #111 of 124
Hey, don't know if anyone mentioned it but JH16 Pro + JH-3A DSP Amp could be superior choice. As a source i suggest ipod 5.5g so you can take alot of music with you. And if you want more portability it can be cowon j3 with just jh16 pro. It could be so awesome i can't even stress enough. My dream-rig
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #112 of 124
JH3A + JH16 with colorfly DAP. That will give you full high rez digital out for best quality.
Also you can use the colorfly separately as a stand alone system (like a HM801). but you will have to buy another pair of separate headphones for the colorfly alone set up.

It is expensive but you get two set ups. one transportal system up with "ultimate" sound quality. second one is more portable option. best of both worlds in my opinion.
BTW i havent heard these since there only just about to come out.

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #113 of 124
hahahahahahahahahahah.,

You recommended the Colorfly!!!  You're either a sick and twisted prankster or deadly serious and therefore deranged.

I like it. Colorfly!! Oh man....

Quote:
JH3A + JH16 with colorfly DAP. That will give you full high rez digital out for best quality.
Also you can use the colorfly separately as a stand alone system (like a HM801). but you will have to buy another pair of separate headphones for the colorfly alone set up.

It is expensive but you get two set ups. one transportal system up with "ultimate" sound quality. second one is more portable option. best of both worlds in my opinion.
BTW i havent heard these since there only just about to come out.

Oct 10, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #114 of 124

Hello Bennyboy!
What my I ask is wrong with the colorfly, apart from people trash talking it without hearing it?

It certainly looks like the best (and only, with 24/192) portable solution for the Jh-3a available (through digital out) and for someone with $3000 to spend, would be an impressive rig. Also double as smaller portable rig.

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahahah.,

You recommended the Colorfly!!!  You're either a sick and twisted prankster or deadly serious and therefore deranged.

I like it. Colorfly!! Oh man....

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #115 of 124

so you've not actually heard it yourself?

Quote:
Hello Bennyboy!
What my I ask is wrong with the colorfly, apart from people trash talking it without hearing it?

It certainly looks like the best (and only, with 24/192) portable solution for the Jh-3a available (through digital out) and for someone with $3000 to spend, would be an impressive rig. Also double as smaller portable rig.

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #116 of 124
Benny, he already said he hasn't heard the colorfly 3a combo. Try to pay attention.
The op asked for recommendation on a ultimate $3000 portable setup, not a first hand review.
He wanted the best, that is probably the best IMO. No ones heard it, it's not out yet remember??

Try to add something that would contribute rather than pointless hipocritical judgements.

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #117 of 124

I love the logic of that.  So it's probably the best, even though nobody has heard it?  Nice.

I have an industrial catering sized tin of baked beans here and I've drilled a whole in the top for the headphones to go into. At the bottom I've made another hole for a usb lead so you can put music into my revolutionary, patented 'liquid music system' via your pc (doesn't work on macs though).  I called it the 'Fully Baked' pmp and it's yours for only £1500.  Chuck a pair of JHA 13s or 16s into this beast, and you're cooking on a gas.  It even supports 88bit/568hz flac, when twinned with my balanced amp made from tins of tuna and sweetcorn.  The perfect combo for the discerning audiophile. Now that's cooking edge. 

For only £750, you can get the Fully Baked's little brother, made with a much smaller retail tin.  I call it the 'Half Baked'.

PM me to sign up for the first batch. Waiting time approx 7 years - full cash payment up front, no refunds given.

Quote:
Benny, he already said he hasn't heard the colorfly 3a combo. Try to pay attention.
The op asked for recommendation on a ultimate $3000 portable setup, not a first hand review.
He wanted the best, that is probably the best IMO. No ones heard it, it's not out yet remember??

Try to add something that would contribute rather than pointless hipocritical judgements.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #118 of 124

Quote:
I love the logic of that.  So it's probably the best, even though nobody has heard it?  Nice.

I have an industrial catering sized tin of baked beans here and I've drilled a whole in the top for the headphones to go into. At the bottom I've made another hole for a usb lead so you can put music into my revolutionary, patented 'liquid music system' via your pc (doesn't work on macs though).  I called it the 'Fully Baked' pmp and it's yours for only £1500.  Chuck a pair of JHA 13s or 16s into this beast, and you're cooking on a gas.  It even supports 88bit/568hz flac, when twinned with my balanced amp made from tins of tuna and sweetcorn.  The perfect combo for the discerning audiophile. Now that's cooking edge. 

For only £750, you can get the Fully Baked's little brother, made with a much smaller retail tin.  I call it the 'Half Baked'.

PM me to sign up for the first batch. Waiting time approx 7 years - full cash payment up front, no refunds given.

Update! I'm actually the head production guy on Benny's Baked Systems and --oops!--I've decided to walk out midway through development to start my own "stoned" project. Sorry, it looks like everyone who sold off their expensive rigs to get a semi-portable system they've never heard but OMG HYPE will have to wait another six to ? months. Enjoy getting by with that pair of earbuds you found in the back of your desk.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #119 of 124
LOL guess we know who the derranged one is now!

Yeah lets not point the op in the direction of the latest hi-end portable setups that are soon to be released because no ones heard it yet. Is that better logic for you?
 It will be up to him to decide if it's right for him when the reviews come out. That is why monkey bus said "I has not heard it yet".

Maybe he should buy a little cowon like yours? would that make you feel better?

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #120 of 124

Quote:
thanks for that response jeez I guess I better get that Ipod early so I can hate my life and start converting flac to alac *GRR*  during the waiting period for the JH3a/solo to come out >_<.  I've never owned an Ipod but any recommendations ? should i get a itouch 64 4th gen or ipod classic any news on the 2010 possible version of the classic >_<.

I believe, based on what I heard from Vinnie Rossi at Red Wine Audio, if you're going the iPod route, you will ned a 6th Generation iPod of later.   I bought a 7th Generation Classic in readiness for the Solo.   I also made the mistake of buying the 5.5 Generation in anticipation of the release of the Solo and JH-3A.   Now that is happily connected to a PICO Slim and sounding great with my JH13s.

So, please check and make sure you get the right iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back