3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
Jul 12, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #347 of 453
ok, how the X midbass compares to other headphones you have tired, it has the best slam you ever heard?
I'll have to re-compare and let you know. The X has more bass than just about any other headphone I've tried, but not sure about midbass and slam. Slam/Midbass is often emphasized by having a more lean overall sound which gives the impression that the bass is hitting harder and stronger when it kicks in. With how thick/warm the X is that feeling may be diminished even if there's technically more bass than any other headphone, if that makes sense. I'll give them another listen and reply back.

Does the master get spare pads when you buy them?

Yes, they come with leather pads installed and some spare vegan pads. The vegan pads are similar to those found on the Natural, Pulse, X, DXP, etc...

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #348 of 453
I'll have to re-compare and let you know. The X has more bass than just about any other headphone I've tried, but not sure about midbass and slam. Slam/Midbass is often emphasized by having a more lean overall sound which gives the impression that the bass is hitting harder and stronger when it kicks in. With how thick/warm the X is that feeling may be diminished even if there's technically more bass than any other headphone, if that makes sense. I'll give them another listen and reply back.

Yes, they come with leather pads installed and some spare vegan pads. The vegan pads are similar to those found on the Natural, Pulse, X, DXP, etc...
Thats great. and those pads would fit the signature DJ also? im thinking of ordering the master. But from what I hear there is a new B revision coming this quarter with a better headband. Might be better to wait for that.

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #349 of 453

I don't understand what you say about if the sound is leaning to more low than highs, and the headphones are warm, then the feeling of a punch is diminished.
i thick the punch or slam is a characteristic of the headphones, and it has nothing to do with the overal curve shape, or the way people EQ it. the only way to know is to ask someone who have tried many types. I'm not sure if the X is the most punchy among all, that's why i had to ask to get exactly what im looking for.

Jul 17, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #351 of 453
Ive got the Signature Master today. But the spare earpads are different then the original ones? they look way thinner... so i guess less superiour in comfort and or sound?
Hoe you find the sound?

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #352 of 453
Ive got the Signature Master today. But the spare earpads are different then the original ones? they look way thinner... so i guess less superiour in comfort and or sound?

Congrats! Yes, the earpads on the Masters are leather, and the spare pads are vegan. The vegan pads are firmer and a little deeper. Whether or not they will sound better will come down to your preference. Most here prefer the leathers on the Master's. The vegan pads do offer a different sound signature, and I've heard that they go well on the DJ's although I haven't tried that myself. Also, before Ultrasone took down their Accessory shop the leather pads were listed as being a direct replacement for the Masters, DJ, and Pro's. So you could try the leather pads on the DJ's to see if the stock sound comes back.

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #353 of 453
Congrats! Yes, the earpads on the Masters are leather, and the spare pads are vegan. The vegan pads are firmer and a little deeper. Whether or not they will sound better will come down to your preference. Most here prefer the leathers on the Master's. The vegan pads do offer a different sound signature, and I've heard that they go well on the DJ's although I haven't tried that myself. Also, before Ultrasone took down their Accessory shop the leather pads were listed as being a direct replacement for the Masters, DJ, and Pro's. So you could try the leather pads on the DJ's to see if the stock sound comes back.
Thanks very informative. I put the vegan pads on the DJ. have yet to listen. I might order the original DJ pads twice over since they are out of production just to be sure. eventhough that will cost me an arm...
You mean I can take the Master pads and try them on the DJ? (and then the vegan ones on the master for example.)

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #354 of 453
Yes, the Master leather pads will fit on the DJ. The Master pads are just like the DJ's in that they come in two pices. There's the foam & leather outer ear pad portion, as well as an inner ring with fabric attached. That inner plastic ring is easy to break on the plastic parts , so be gentle pad swapping. If the inner ring does break you can still use it, and it won't impact the sound at all. It just becomes tougher to install the ear pads without wrinkles on the inner fabric.

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #356 of 453
Yeah, I have the "vegan leather" pads on my Signature DJs. They seem to take down the bass by a little tiny bit, more in the midbass, but I think they still sound FANTASTIC.

And yes, the two piece ear pad design is maddening. I broke one on my Sig DJs and the bass would definitely rattled them. It was infuriating, lol.

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #357 of 453
Yeah, I have the "vegan leather" pads on my Signature DJs. They seem to take down the bass by a little tiny bit, more in the midbass, but I think they still sound FANTASTIC.

And yes, the two piece ear pad design is maddening. I broke one on my Sig DJs and the bass would definitely rattled them. It was infuriating, lol.
midbass punchy as the pulse? or the dj hits harder?

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #358 of 453
midbass punchy as the pulse? or the dj hits harder?
I think the DJ has more sub bass and the Pulse has more midbass.

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #360 of 453
what about the x? have you tried it?
I didn't like the build quality, they squeak too much for me so I returned them quickly. I don't remember the sound quality, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back