3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
May 5, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #317 of 453
Those cushions look super comfy. Interesting that they're going for another sig DJ/DXP/Pulse type of headphone so soon after the Pulse and X. I'm all for it though, especially at that price point. I wonder if they've got other releases planned alongside this one like they did with the Pulse, Natural and Master.

May 6, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #319 of 453
The Ultrasone website still knows nothing about this model... the pads might also be interesting for the other Signature models, they look much more comfortable
SHHHH, it's TOP SECRET!

Agreed though - and I prefer velour pads to pleather since the plethers heat up. Sometimes Ultrasone includes spare pads with their headphones, though not always, but it would be really nice to get two pairs of the new ones. They may even include a spare pad of the plethers with them since the pleathers are probably cheap as f to throw in with them.

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #320 of 453
Leather is my favourite type of Pad Material, Velour get's all dusty very quickly and is a pain to clean, Pleather get's hot and sticky and doesn't feel all that good one the head/ears. That is one of the reasons why i ordered the Signature Master finally :beerchug: It will be here tomorrow. The Leather pads were one of the reasons going for the Master vs the Natural.

May 14, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #321 of 453
The master's are great headphones, but the naturals are as well and they are unique from each other. I don't love the vegans but they're not too bad either. The problem with the stock marino pads is they are pretty thin - the vegans are thicker and keep the assembly from touching your ears.

I think they should have made the premium leathers a little bit thicker - hope you enjoy the masters! They are a great headphone.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #322 of 453
Got them yesterday as planned and i have to say they are quite the upgrade coming from the Pulse. I love bass but i love good mids just as much so the Pulse probably won't stay much longer in my collection. The Master delivers excellently on all fronts. I'm also happy not having went for the Natural as the comfort is fantastic for me and any less bass wouldn't be enough to satisfy the basshead in me. :D I didn't expect this big of a jump in overall SQ, the Master delivers much more realism. Very lovely. That probably makes the Natural the bargain of the century for closed headphones when it was on Black Friday Sale at Thomann for 350€....

May 16, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #323 of 453
Got them yesterday as planned and i have to say they are quite the upgrade coming from the Pulse. I love bass but i love good mids just as much so the Pulse probably won't stay much longer in my collection. The Master delivers excellently on all fronts. I'm also happy not having went for the Natural as the comfort is fantastic for me and any less bass wouldn't be enough to satisfy the basshead in me. :D I didn't expect this big of a jump in overall SQ, the Master delivers much more realism. Very lovely. That probably makes the Natural the bargain of the century for closed headphones when it was on Black Friday Sale at Thomann for 350€....
Glad you're enjoying your Masters. Seems like they're getting nothing but praise on here which is great to hear. I'll keep my eyes peeled on Thomann in case the odd B stock decides to pop up.
Likewise, my Pulse is probably not going to stay for much longer as it just hasn't ended up clicking for me the way I would have liked it to.

May 18, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #324 of 453
In Munich at High End today…
Just heard the Master for the first time today and I’m happy to say that comfort is much better than expected — though this was a rev 2 model with a changed headband (which felt *much* better than the Pulse with the old headband. Soundwise… this is not bass shy by any definition. Yet it has nice mids and treble as well. Plus rev 2 is said to have a lower MSRP
IMG_9987.jpeg
There are two new models as well, the Pure and the Fusion (which will not have golden plates, this was an error with the model they had on display)

IMG_9984.jpeg

The Pure will sell for 169€, the pads will be available separately in 25mm and 30mm depth. It’s a bit restrained in the treble and rather bass heavy, but in a fun way. Very comfortable but the pad openings are rather small

IMG_9985.jpegIMG_9986.jpeg

May 18, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #325 of 453
Nice!

May 18, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #327 of 453
@plakat

Wow, fusion too? Interesting!

Agree totally on Master. It is NOT bass shy.

Do we know MSRP on Fusion? Any listening?
Yes, it’s two new models. Forgot to ask for pricing of the Fusion, but it seems to slip in between Pure and Pulse. Has a bit more upper mids, but not bright. Maybe a touch better resolution. Bass similar to Pure, but flatter pads like the rest of the Signature lineup. Liked the Pure tuning better though.

May 18, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #328 of 453
Also had a long talk with several guys from Ultrasone. They invest a lot in the fine details of their Edition line, with high manufacturing costs. They also offer very long support, having spare parts and repair available for years on end. Much appreciated.
Signature line is simpler with regard to manufacturing of course (reflected in price), but with lots of thoughts on how to make them better soundwise.
It was fun to hear such a bass performance from headphones that cater to the not-Beats crowd, but it’s a nice counterpoint to those audiophile models often bordering on anemic. Of course, different preferences and musical tastes may make them too bass heavy… but to me it was just nice.
I hope to hear back soon about availability of the new revision of the Master. The new headband design is a major step forward in comfort. Yet I would have liked it if they reduced the massive looks a bit…
The pads were much more comfortable than with the older signature models I once had, so this is a positive surprise.

May 18, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #329 of 453
I was very impressed by both master and natural in their new lineup. I actually love my natural, very happy with it - even after owning Master before it. They did a great job on these both. They are my favorites for closed.

Was a previous Edition owner and don't feel like I'm missing anything here - in fact - like these even more.

Looking forward to trying the Pure! It has that 50 MM driver like the Sig X or Pulse and at $169 - That's a deal - I won't be able to resist a try!

(Though those Pure pads look like they get real dirty real quickly.)

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #330 of 453
Interestingly the Natural was not on display at the show. Did not ask though, so I don’t want to start rumors.

It’s interesting to see them experiment with pads. The 30mm deep Pure pads were due to Feedback when talking to Drop, this is why there are 25mm and 30mm deep versions. They might at some point offer pads with a larger inner opening, but the walls would have to be stiffer obviously.

And yes, the pads change the sound signature of course. So having the different variants available as spare parts will allow for some customization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back