3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
May 28, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #331 of 452
Masters are suitable for heavy bass electronic music?

May 28, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #333 of 452
Any chance to nice warm smothness and good sub bass on solid state? I like to try them from the start, but i have very bad memories after PRO 900i. VERY bad.

May 31, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #334 of 452
Ultrasone Website updated... the Natural seems gone and they advertise the Pure to follow the harman curve, very interesting. The "old" Master is still on sale, no sight of the revised version. Probably clearing out Stock before the new one arrives. I wonder if they re-tuned it, hope not :)

May 31, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #335 of 452
Ultrasone Website updated... the Natural seems gone and they advertise the Pure to follow the harman curve, very interesting. The "old" Master is still on sale, no sight of the revised version. Probably clearing out Stock before the new one arrives. I wonder if they re-tuned it, hope not :)
No retuning according to Ultrasone reps at High End, maybe some minor refinements. The Master already is as they want it to be seems to be the message…

May 31, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #336 of 452
How bass and overall presentation of Master comapre to other HiFi headphones these days? You can say they are similar to what? To Denons D9200 for example or something like that?

May 31, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #337 of 452
How bass and overall presentation of Master comapre to other HiFi headphones these days? You can say they are similar to what? To Denons D9200 for example or something like that?
Sorry, I did not have any other headphone with me to compare to.

May 31, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #338 of 452

That's sad! I love the Natural! Fantastic pair and that's even after I owned the Master beforehand!

May 31, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #339 of 452
There is no such a simple answer to that :), Masters are such a mix, on the one hand, it is headphones that the Grado user will wear and enjoy it, the Sennheiser owner will find in them details but bass... is unique - bass belongs exclusively to Ultrasone :) it is deep, dynamic and fast, not rumbling. Headphones in which you can listen to any music types in my opinion. Comfortable, not tiring and what is important, they are not boring. I listen to a lot of music on the Softears RSV which are very nice IEMs and every time I come back to the Masters I confirm their fantastic sound and tuning. Theoretically, these are studio headphones, but with their own emotional contribution. :)

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #340 of 452
Interestingly Ultrasone had some printed ads at their booth that explicitly referenced bass — rather unusual move for studio headphones… but in the end I think as long as one is used to a sound signature, it should work. Provided the headphone offers enough details, and that seems to be the case here. With the Master for sure, with the Pure… I might Miss treble detail there, but maybe that was due to the direct comparison.

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #341 of 452
Masters is a perfectly matched product for me. I like their sound characteristics and overall versatility. I haven't listened to other Ultrasone headphones before. Masters are sensational for me both in terms of music and quality of performance. I am still surprised that so little information about these headphones can be found on the web. People who gave them a chance to test usually buy them without looking for other headphones. In combination with a good source, Masters sounds awesome.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #342 of 452
Really curious about the fusion. Any more detail? Is it gonna use mylar drivers like the Pure does or will it be a metal one?

Jun 29, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #343 of 452
Took delivery of a signature studio today. It's my 2nd pair and it definitely sounds very, very different from the first pair that I sold off. I love ultrasones but they always have crazy unit variation, e.g. the SN #663 sig pro I have on hand also sounds noticably different from a SN#2981 I used to own.

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #344 of 452
Maybe its just diffrence which depend of how many hours they been played. PRO 900i was seattle down after 350 hours i think. They said around 30 hours of playing before normal use, is good, for Siganture Master. You guys think there a differences between one peace of Master and the other?

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #345 of 452
Welcome to the party as well, and Congrats on the Pulse! I too am interested to hear your thoughts on the Pulse vs 900i's, if you feel like sharing them of course.

The X is interesting. It is bass over everything, more bass than the Pulse and so much bass that the overall tone & detail gets permanently dragged down. The build is considerably cheaper feeling than any other Signature. With the stock pads it also sounds quite a bit cheaper, frankly worse in my opinion, than the rest of the Signature line. With aftermarket pads the technical quality goes up about the level of the Pulses, just lacking the balance that the Pulses have. What the X does do well is extreme bass - rumbling, pervasive, highlight of the music bass. The Pulse still has the same bass emphasis, but is toned down (comparably) so that there is some balance while still being over the top. Anyways, long story short the X is good for those looking at bass over everything else, where you are ok with letting other aspects of the sound fall to the wayside in the name of getting more bass. The Pulse is more refined and balanced where it can be good with all music, and still has major bass quantity. I'll take the Pulse over the X since I value a balanced sound, but it wouldn't be necessarily redundant to have both if extreme bass is what you are looking for.
ok, how the X midbass compares to other headphones you have tired, it has the best slam you ever heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back