3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
Jul 18, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #362 of 453
so the PULSE is the most that has the punchiest sound among all you tried?... the question not related to subbass btw
I agree with that, yeah!

Jul 18, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #364 of 453
Congrats! Yes, the earpads on the Masters are leather, and the spare pads are vegan. The vegan pads are firmer and a little deeper. Whether or not they will sound better will come down to your preference. Most here prefer the leathers on the Master's. The vegan pads do offer a different sound signature, and I've heard that they go well on the DJ's although I haven't tried that myself. Also, before Ultrasone took down their Accessory shop the leather pads were listed as being a direct replacement for the Masters, DJ, and Pro's. So you could try the leather pads on the DJ's to see if the stock sound comes back.
Can you order these vegan earpads somewhere extra? And the original Signature Master earpads? Id like both of them, but couldn't find them so far.

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #365 of 453
IMG_1435.jpg

My favorite 'sones! After a long journey of trying most of them...

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #367 of 453
I've never heard the X so I can't tell you that. I'm not interested in it because what I've heard is that they are duller sounding in favor of the huge bass.

These both have excellent bass punch but it's also tight. It's not overly done where it muddies the rest and the treble shines on both of these as well.

The natural is exceptionally tuned where you get that tight bass punch, a very great crisp and clear midrange and the imaging and treble detail is also excellent. When it comes to what I am looking for it's not just a fat and overly dominant bass line - I've heard muddy headphones before and don't like it - it's bass experience with impact and speed that adds to the whole sound signature.

I don't want to discount the X entirely but it's more that these are doing exactly what I want from them where I don't feel the desire to try the X to try and get more bass. What actually stopped me buying Ultrasones is the Natural - to me it's really spot on - capturing everything I've always enjoyed about Ultrasones.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #368 of 453
ok, how the X midbass compares to other headphones you have tired, it has the best slam you ever heard?
I'll have to re-compare and let you know.

Ok! It took me awhile to get around to comparing most of the different Signatures for bass slam. Seems the older I get the less time I have.... Anyways, going strictly from memory I assumed that the Signature X and DJ would have the best bass slam, but that was pretty far off. In my setup the DXP was clearly the best at bass slam. The DXP has a boosted mid & sub bass against an overall warm sound, yet sparkly and clear at the same time. The bass is clean enough to have clear hard impact, and yet loose enough to go everywhere increasing the power behind the slam. It's just got the right setup to be very heavy hitting and clean. A close #2 is the Signature Master. The Master's have both the same sub & mid bass of the DXP, but with less warmth which ends up reducing some power in the slam. Still, they are very close as the bass is a bit more refined and still very strong.

The rest of the signatures don't have quite the same slam . Don't get me wrong, all have good slam, all sound good , but they just lack one aspect or another that reduces the slam compared to the DXP and Masters. That said, if I had to rank the rest I would say #3 is the Signature DJ. The DJ lacks the mid bass of the DXP or Masters, but has a lot of sub bass in a V shape that greatly contributes to the slam. #4 would be the Signature Pulse. The Pulse has a bass setup similar to the DXP, but the bass is flatter, less refined, and against a tonally darker background. The combination of flatter bass & tone makes it without as much impact. #5 and #6 are too close to call between the Signature Natural and X. The natural is more neutrally tuned, not as boosted as all the other signatures. It hits very clean and fast with mostly sub bass, just not with the same quantity as everything else mentioned so far. The X on the other hand has more bass than any other Signature. Why the X ends up in near last place is that the bass is slower, it hits with a low pounding thud as opposed to a quick forceful slam. The X is also very tonally low, so the bass just blends into the rest of the sound being more pervasive all of the time rather than hitting hard and clean.

Everything above is with stock cables and stock pads. There's a lot of unit variation with Ultrasones, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #369 of 453
What can you say about Ultrasone Signature PRO?

Aug 4, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #370 of 453
Unfortunately I parted ways with the PRO's some time ago, and I often regret it. It's been too long for any accuarate comparisons, but I am certain that my Pro had less bass than all the other Signatures I've tried except for the Natural.

Aug 4, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #371 of 453
Unfortunately I parted ways with the PRO's some time ago, and I often regret it. It's been too long for any accuarate comparisons, but I am certain that my Pro had less bass than all the other Signatures I've tried except for the Natural.
I've owned the Sig Pro many years ago, sold it rather soon and still remember it as devoid of deep bass. And yes, rather uncomfortable... I much preferred the Sig DJ at the time.

Aug 9, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #373 of 453
Somebody knows how the signature pure sound compared to any others?
A few pages back I wrote a bit about the Signature Pure. I remember it as quite bass heavy, not one-note though, and missing a bit of sparkle for my taste. Quite comfortable.

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #374 of 453
A few pages back I wrote a bit about the Signature Pure. I remember it as quite bass heavy, not one-note though, and missing a bit of sparkle for my taste. Quite comfortable.
You prefer pure over master?

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #375 of 453
You prefer pure over master?
No. While I do like my bass, I also value mids and treble… the Master is the more detailed, more balanced headphone. Of course quite a bit more expensive as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back