24: Season 5...The Best Yet?
Apr 4, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #76 of 92
No comments tonight? What's up with that??
confused.gif

Slade

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #77 of 92
I'm not really sure what to make of the idea of the president being involved. I guess things will get more interesting. Is it just me or have the last few episodes been kind of lackluster? I really like 24, and will continue to watch, but it seems the only really exciting things going on are reveals into the story, but not as much Jack Bauer ass kicking going on...

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #78 of 92
I thought that when Wayne and Jack were infiltrating the facility, that was pretty exciting, but it was mostly an episode of plot development, which in a show like this, tends to seem boring. I'm also a little wary of the involvement with the president rather than the vp. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they weave it all together and if it really all adds up or not...
Slade

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #79 of 92
Yes, the VP ordered the CTU shutdown and there is more to that... maybe to isolate Jack and make him easier to take down?

Logan seemed surprised when the VP told him that Wayne was there and then Logan played dumb. So who contacted Henderson to tell him Wayne was there?

My question is to what end is Logan's purpose in all this? There seems to be a lot more that just building himself up

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #80 of 92
Very interesting. So its not the vice president behind this, but the president instead! I cant possibly imagine where this is going now. Nice U turn in the plot.

JC

Apr 11, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #81 of 92
yeah baby, time to party!

May 23, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #82 of 92
Great finale! Could not have been better! I'm not convinced I like this season over 3 and 4 just yet but it's damn close!

Henderson got justice and I was soooo happy to see Jack deliver what he earned.... that SOB, no way in hell is he living the rest of his life free and safe after all the lives lost by his actions! I knew the thing with Logan seemed too generic... I just couldn't swallow that plan so once Martha started freaking out and getting him to list his accolades I knew he was screwed! Bitter sweet! and what a great look she gave him as he was arrested!

Ending with the Chinese was perfect and I had a feeling that the men Logan was working with had contacted them to "take care of Jack". Should make for a great season intro in.... oh crap 7 months!!! AARGGGGG!!!

The Chinese thing has to be dealt with if Jack is to ever come back to CTU so I was glad to see it... and the scenery change should be nice too. Thumbs up for an awesome season!

Sep 20, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #84 of 92
Season 5 available for pre-order at Amazon, due out Dec 5th.

Sep 20, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #85 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Season 5 available for pre-order at Amazon, due out Dec 5th.

Sweet! I'll buy it for the collection even though I didn't like 5 at all really. Six should be the best day yet however! Finally...something OUTSIDE of LA
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #87 of 92
Has anyone noticed that it is gravely dangerous to be Jack Bauer's backup? I almost lost count of how many times his backups were killed just to make the situation more dramatic.
Those poor poor newbies....
rolleyes.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #88 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Has anyone noticed that it is gravely dangerous to be Jack Bauer's backup? I almost lost count of how many times his backups were killed just to make the situation more dramatic.
Those poor poor newbies....
rolleyes.gif

Bauer's backup must always die - the first one that survives will take over - could it be Curtis?

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #89 of 92
I kinda feel bad for Curtis- he's the one that always had to "take Jack into custody" only to be knocked out again and again by Bauer. He deserves better than that. Maybe he'll be JAck's super sidekick or something! Just a thought. I know it won't happen, but...what if? Anything's possible in 24...

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #90 of 92
I really liked season 5... almost as much as 2 and 3 but not quite.

I'm still pissed about Tony... totally weak and he didn't even get the silent clock
mad.gif
and I will forever miss Palmer.

Quote:

Bauer's backup must always die

Chase lived
tongue.gif
He even got his hand reattached
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back