2359glenn | studio
Oct 14, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #16,111 of 39,986
Hi all
I am back on been off the thread for a week or so.
Had a blood vessel burst in my left arm causing it to turn purple and swell up like a balloon.
Very painful getting better now so I can get back to building amps today. This set me back a week.

Sorry to hear that Glenn.

Glad that you are feeling better.

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #16,112 of 39,986
Incredible. I've been reading the thread... right from when Stavros got his GR Super 10. Till when you unveil the GEL3N. It's very clear you love the GEL3N.

I haven't even gotten the GOTL and I'm already thinking of the GEL3N. How could I not love EL3N. I still remember that fateful day when I spotted it on eBay whilst looking for 6N7G. :)

Maybe later when I dispose of Ragnarok..... I've just sold off the Chord Mojo. Things are moving fast in my audio world. :)

Oh, Langrex replied and said they don't have 13D1.
Yup, definitely something special about the performance of those EL3N's - though a bit warm / soft sounding on the Feliks Audio amps, that soundstage and realism is something to write home about. Must sound quite special on a properly configured amp... and UT maybe you can also give them a whirl with your incoming Glenn amp if you still have the adapters.

Anyway I'm just on occasional lurker of this thread, and honestly don't have time at my disposal to be active around here... just giving a little shout out to UntilThen... Hey I'm looking forward to your impressions on your upcoming Glenn amp, especially since we share much of the same knowledge and experiences in the game. Especially to hear your take on it compared to your PrimaLuna amp - also how it compares to the Euforia amp. Granted this would be a bit unfair and by-memory, but just for comparison sake anyway. So please be sure to mention me on anything major, so I can see your post even if I don't come around here often. Peace out!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #16,113 of 39,986
Yay ! That's what I like to hear. :)

All these tubes are in preparation for Glenn's OTL amp. Name to be decided.

Matt, I am not sure how it will compare to the FA amps, but I can't imagine that you will not love this amp.

By the way, I would love to have your Atticus in my hand so I could give it a long session!

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #16,116 of 39,986
Hi all
Had a blood vessel burst in my left arm causing it to turn purple and swell up like a balloon.
Very painful getting better now so I can get back to building amps today. This set me back a week.

Welcome back!

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #16,117 of 39,986
Hi all

Hello Glenn, I am in Canberra with friends on a one night stay when I read this.

First of all, don't even worry about this setting back the amps for a week.... oh well it's @ru4music fault... it was his amp you were working on that caused the seriously bad bruised.... :)

Get well soon. Don't worry about the amps. I still have those 2 steel boxes remember. :)

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #16,118 of 39,986
Hi all

Whoa..hope nothing serious caused that blood vessel to burst..get well soon, Glenn!

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #16,120 of 39,986
Matt, I am not sure how it will compare to the FA amps, but I can't imagine that you will not love this amp.

By the way, I would love to have your Atticus in my hand so I could give it a long session!

Joe you can have my Atticus anytime. Just pack your bags and move here. Tell your family you won't be home soon.

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #16,121 of 39,986
George I would like to see more of your nice food photos to cheer me up please

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #16,122 of 39,986
Joe make a quick stop here on your way down under.......

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #16,123 of 39,986
Joe make a quick stop here on your way down under.......
Joe can make a stop here from Greece before going down under. Remember the beer I offered you before Joe? :beerchug:

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #16,124 of 39,986
Oh wow Joe, looks like you will be away from home for a long time. Just don't get too side track in Greece and Dubai. Remember your ultimate destination is downunder.

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #16,125 of 39,986
Hello Glenn, I am in Canberra with friends on a one night stay when I read this.

First of all, don't even worry about this setting back the amps for a week.... oh well it's @ru4music fault... it was his amp you were working on that caused the seriously bad bruised.... :)

Get well soon. Don't worry about the amps. I still have those 2 steel boxes remember. :)

LOL! That just shows you the "power" that goes into building a Glenn amp, only a true master builder could survive this process. Never... never remove the screws and peek inside without proper training, a #14 welders mask, and kevlar protection! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back