2359glenn | studio
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #27,917 of 39,983
I think it just dawned on me what an absurd amount of tubes I have to roll....

I only have about 40-50 tubes total,and after a year,I havent even come close to trying all the different combos.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #27,918 of 39,983
I think it just dawned on me what an absurd amount of tubes I have to roll....

It can get a bit...ludicrous. My wife stopped going to my desk looking for pens. The last exasperated cry was, “Why don’t you have pens and office supplies like normal people in your drawers? Instead I open them up and all I see is tube boxes!”

I opened the bottom drawer and I handed her one pen that was stuck in the middle of two tube boxes, lol. Ah the good ol! stink eye.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #27,920 of 39,983
Yes, I can imagine what I have should last me years, but there is always one more tube to try.

That is hilarious @Phantaminum , I get similar looks from my girlfriend. I try to hide my tubes from her, but she ends up signing for my international packages, busted!

Things just got very, very interesting when I popped in some Siemens C3g and Fivre 6BX7. I think I am gonna stay here for a while.

IMAG0724.jpg

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #27,921 of 39,983
Only 40-50? Hmmmm... I have something like 2000, and others have more than I. :)

Yeah im still very much a tube noob,and now with my Lampizat0r 'tube roller paradise' DAC incoming I have to start all over learning different types of tubes.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #27,922 of 39,983
Will do! Definitely will need some time. Right now I'm doing some rapid fire tube rolling to find where I want to settle and dig in, but I have to admit, that ECC32/421A combo I started with is pretty hard to beat. Needless to say, this amp is killer dynamic.

@Monsterzero sorry to hear about the tear-down, but that new man-cave will no doubt take your listening experience to new heights.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone, and big thanks to @2359glenn for designing such a great amp, have to mention that everything from the sockets to the power switch to the 1/4 jack feels very premium and satisfying.
I never took it apart you're diving right in !! I don't remember if i mentioned i included the fuse/ rca adapters provided for the 3 pin xlr i never knew what they were until i packed it and shipped it haha.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #27,923 of 39,983
It can get a bit...ludicrous. My wife stopped going to my desk looking for pens. The last exasperated cry was, “Why don’t you have pens and office supplies like normal people in your drawers? Instead I open them up and all I see is tube boxes!”

I opened the bottom drawer and I handed her one pen that was stuck in the middle of two tube boxes, lol. Ah the good ol! stink eye.
Lololol

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #27,924 of 39,983
I never took it apart you're diving right in !! I don't remember if i mentioned i included the fuse/ rca adapters provided for the 3 pin xlr i never knew what they were until i packed it and shipped it haha.

Awesome, thanks Wazzupi! I wanted to take a look inside as I am probably going to add a Goldpoint stepped attenuator and I am also thinking about changing the coupling caps (maybe not though, we'll see), had to check out the goods!

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #27,926 of 39,983
It was my baby took me like 8 months to finally let her go.

Have you moved on to a different amp? What do you have powering your headphones?

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #27,928 of 39,983
No way I will go without music. I will be using my den system.
Schiit Modi>vintage Akai receiver>Rectilinear Highboy vintage speakers.

A massive step down,but it will suffice for a cpl weeks.

A man's gotta do with a man's gotta do ....just think of the good times ahead with than dac!

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #27,929 of 39,983
Have you moved on to a different amp? What do you have powering your headphones?
Just an atom i've gone the way of iems and closed back my new favorite closed back is the neumann ndh20 and my iem of choice sonys ier z1r but im buying a AK kann cube its on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back