$230 for new pair of 325's (not 325i's) - a good price?
Apr 21, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
I don't know - the 325s were highly regarded enough to make me wonder why bashing them now, after the 325is hit the market.

I am not discussing which sounds better, but just trying to stress that after the 325is were released the 325s still sound exactly the same as they always did
icon10.gif
. Good or bad - it depends on each's ears.

I myself love them for recordings which miss highs, and there are many recordings like this.

Exactly. It is related to the FOTM syndrome. If you hold onto them long enough they may even reach the status of the black 325's or even the SR-300
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
I just wish people wouldn't go back to their FS posts and delete out the price-- it makes it very hard to figure out what a particular item sells for if it just says "SOLD!"

grrrrrr...

I sold my 325i's for $260 a couple of months ago. If you are a fan of phones that are on the "brighter" side, I would hold out for a used pair of 325i's rather than spend $230 for the old 325's.

Apr 21, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #19 of 28
When I owned the SR325's I found them insanely bright, but unbelievably detailed. The detail paired with the brightness WILL give you headaches, unless you pair them with a very dark source. Even though I loved what they did right, I couldn't stand listening to them for over 20 minutes. I can almost assure you that you'll probably like the 325i's better (from what I gathered here), even though I have no experience with them.

Apr 22, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #21 of 28
I'm surprised with everyone saying the 325i's sound really bright, since the initial reviews of the 325i's said that the biggest improvement was that the treble of the silver 325's was tamed..

Apr 22, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
When I owned the SR325i's I found them insanely bright, but unbelievably detailed. The detail paired with the brightness WILL give you headaches, unless you pair them with a very dark source. Even though I loved what they did right, I couldn't stand listening to them for over 20 minutes. I can almost assure you that you'll probably like the 325i's better (from what I gathered here), even though I have no experience with them.

I'm confused, you said that you owned the SR325i's and found them insanely bright, but then your last sentence says that you have no experience with them...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
I'm confused, you said that you owned the SR325i's and found them insanely bright, but then your last sentence says that you have no experience with them...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Woops, sorry about that... I mean the 325's, not the 325i's.

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #25 of 28
if the man wants 325's instead of 325i's, then leave him alone and let him get them.

i find the 325i's brighter than my 595's, but that isn't saying all that much. They are relatively brighter, but not fatiguing, imo. It seems you want the 325's. Then go for them. As greenhorn said, everyone seemed to like them two weeks ago, they didn't get worse. Good luck on your purchase, hope you like 'em.

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #26 of 28
Some people enjoy lots of treble
confused.gif

It's all preference.

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
As greenhorn said, everyone seemed to like them two weeks ago, they didn't get worse. Good luck on your purchase, hope you like 'em.

People have always found them bright--they are bright headphones. Actually they're one of the more disliked headphones on head-fi, even before the 325i. I think their faults were a little exaggerated. It's remarkably 'smooth' brightness, but its still very tipped in the upper-midrange. If thats the sound hes looking for they're perfect, but no harm in warning him. I like them, but I like a bright sound. No sense in pretending they aren't bright.

jesse

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #28 of 28
I have unported beta c-pads and thought they de-emphasized the highs on my sr60s. So I was thinking of getting the 325i or 325 to get some of that back. Ended up finding silver 325s for about $160 on audiogon, seller said they were only a few months old. I think they sound great with the c-pads. Highs don't seem harsh at all...I'm very satisfied and don't feel a need to try the 325i...
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back