$23 speakers at Best Buy that measure well and sound good
Jun 20, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #61 of 473
well alright, thanks for your advice Classical guy.
eggosmile.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #62 of 473
I went by my local BB today to pick a pair of these up for my garage/workshop but they didn't have them even though the website said they had them in stock... Just another reminder of why I do not ever shop at Best Buy.
rolleyes.gif
Oh Well.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jun 20, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #63 of 473
Somebody should buy a few pairs, for us in Canada like myself who would be willing to pay shipping. Hint hint, is anybody willing to do this for me?

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #64 of 473
Somebody should also try it with a t-amp quick. Because until then my speakers are just sitting around doing nothing, just waiting to be used!

Actually I just discovered that over on the diyaudio forums someone tried it and had good results with the t-amp, so I will be buying one shortly.

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #65 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee898
Somebody should also try it with a t-amp quick. Because until then my speakers are just sitting around doing nothing, just waiting to be used!

I plan on getting a pair today and ill let you guys know how it sounds with a t-amp.
icon10.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #66 of 473
I have my Insignia's that I purchased 6-17 hooked up in my bedroom with my T-amp and a Rat Shack portable cd player. Prior to that, I hooked them up in my living room w/the same set up just to be sure they worked. First thing I noticed in the LR was a credible center fill, sound not just coming from the speakers. Volume was respectable considering the size of the room. I did not listen for very long (the US Open was on which took predence, listened during the commercials) nor did I crank it up much past 12 o'clock. In the bedroom, a much smaller area, it does fill the room with sound and again I have not gone much past 12 o'clock on the volume. They do not sound as good in the bedrom as they are right up against the walls but the sound is very good considering the cost of the setup and the area that they are in. Again, I have probably not listened more than a half hour at this point but thought I would post as others were wondering how the T-amp would do with these.
jjcapurro- I had a similar experience at my BB. But, per other posts on AA or DYI, I looked around a little and insisted the sales clerk do the same and a pair was found on top of the shelves. Same situation in that the computer said they were in stock but the sales clerk claimed not to know about them. Seems the staff at BB does not know much about these speakers.

Jun 20, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #67 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by wmbow
They do not sound as good in the bedrom as they are right up against the walls.

Curious as to the best room arrangement for these speakers?

I'm not familiar with "coaxial" design speakers, other than in automobile speakers. I can't even figure out where the tweeter is on these things from the pics. Somebody help a bruthah out and sort out this source of minor confusion for me. TIA.

Jun 20, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #69 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee898

Actually I just discovered that over on the diyaudio forums someone tried it and had good results with the t-amp, so I will be buying one shortly.

I bought a pair of these insig speakers using my old gift cards from bb. rite now I am using them on my computer with the T amp and lit ah dac...

sound nice to me but not sure if the speakers are better then my old jbl n26's yet. they look nice though! the t amp has plently of power for these bad boys!

Jun 20, 2006 at 4:17 PM Post #71 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I bought a pair of these insig speakers using my old gift cards from bb. rite now I am using them on my computer with the T amp and lit ah dac...

sound nice to me but not sure if the speakers are better then my old jbl n26's yet. they look nice though! the t amp has plently of power for these bad boys!

So how's the bass? (for a bookshelf)

Jun 21, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #74 of 473
Got them this morning. It didnt come with any wire or plugs, so i had to go to ratshack to buy some speaker cable and banana plugs. An hour later and im listening to them now through the t-amp. It sounds pretty good especially for the price. Will it beat $200-300 dollar speakers? I dont think so, but it does exceed my expectations considering they were only a measely 50 bux. The T-Amp does a fabulous job of driving them btw and i only have the volume at around 9am and its approaching loudness. At first listen, its a lil bass heavy, mids sound a little hollowy, and highs a lil strident. Hopefully this will change after some more burn-in. For the price though, i cant complain. Mods on this thing will be pretty fun
icon10.gif

dscn00956kx.jpg

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #75 of 473
Somebody pm me if you can pick them up and ship them to me in Canada. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back