22nd August UNSW (Sydney, Australia) Meet!
Aug 23, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #46 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bright is not a word I would use for HD600, no matter what cable you use and certainly not the vortex to my ears. i'm asuming yoi are talking about jasons vortex HD600 and not my balanced set? because balanced totally does what you are mentioning regardless of wire, because of the nature of it, it adds more swing and transparency/lower noise floor. plus if you were using mine, you were probably using the very revealing B32/B22 combo

re the quality of today's music: dont shoot the messenger

but hey, you heard what you heard; i'm not gonna argue with that; no matter how much it confuses me
tongue.gif
although ^^ some would consider that arguing hehe peace out its all good
biggrin.gif

I actually tried all the vortex cable (hd600 SE/balanced and hd800) and yeah as i said before maybe its because of i am actually hearing what the music contains and that is excessive treble that is quite common on mastering these days.

One of the thing that i appreciate from the Senns is that they have this ability to make music that was not recorded nicely to sound quite good on it. I guess with the vortex cable it made it more transparent and show me more of what is actually there which in certain cases can be a bad thing
tongue_smile.gif

Man i forgot to try your denons there, did it get hooked up to anything though cos i dont remember seeing it on the table.

Aug 23, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #47 of 125
nah they were there, had'm hooked up to my Lisa for a while and on the table quite a bit, but the bloody green jena meant that I didnt have them fully on show
frown.gif
no more jena headphone cablesfor me unless asked specifically. I prefer the sound of the TWcu anyway.

and hey, maybe you should stick to lamp cord recables
tongue.gif
the vortex and cryoparts wire is not IMO noticeably warm like jena can be (one of the reasons I like it) but I do tend to like the warm side of neutral, but I generally like warm cans, but everything else natural/transparent (NOT analytical). for this reason the JH13/Melos combo along with Johns rig, were the standouts for me. as well as iphone 3G->JH13 during my cigarette breaks hehe

Aug 23, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #48 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah they were there, had'm hooked up to my Lisa for a while and on the table quite a bit, but the bloody green jena meant that I didnt have them fully on show
frown.gif
no more jena headphone cablesfor me unless asked specifically. I prefer the sound of the TWcu anyway.

and hey, maybe you should stick to lamp cord recables
tongue.gif
the vortex and cryoparts wire is not IMO noticeably warm like jena can be (one of the reasons I like it) but I do tend to like the warm side of neutral, but I generally like warm cans, but everything else natural/transparent (NOT analytical). for this reason the JH13/Melos combo along with Johns rig, were the standouts for me. as well as iphone 3G->JH13 during my cigarette breaks hehe

The melos worked an with iem. Wow i thought generally tube amp and iem
dont work nicely.

But yeah joking aside with the cable i'm pretty sure i will someday ask for your help to make some interconnects cable and stuff
beerchug.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #49 of 125
hehe; yeah well I had a very nice attenuator/1/4" to mini convertor with 'nude' vishay/dale S102 resistors in it. no hiss whatsoever
wink.gif
i will likely be running them balanced out of my buffalo32 within the next week or 2; they ARE THAT GOOD IMO. really does beat all my fullsize cans for everything but soundstage depth and I preferred them to all the cans there, didnt spend enough time with the HD800 to know the answer to that comparison and without a balanced cable, would not be fair to either one. no problem on the cable; just give me a yell

Aug 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #51 of 125
**** I hate that foto... wankers
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #52 of 125
Aug 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #53 of 125
Lol and I just asked the guy to remove it haha

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #56 of 125
look at those scared little eyes
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #57 of 125
even if he removes it; we can retrieve it from the interweb buffer :n)

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #58 of 125
damn... i fail at life and teh interwebs <facepalm>

Aug 23, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #60 of 125
hahahah what's funny is that I think was in the middle of making a point about something~
The photo captured that perfectly LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back