[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 18, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #6,693 of 7,442
Just swopped the thin blue and red full foams for Hiegi donuts. My impression of the M+ reds went from pretty good to wow instantly. These buds are something else.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #6,695 of 7,442
  Wow, they're better than the Monk+ foams? Cool.

For my taste that is. I found the bass to be more substantial and the clarity better and airier too. I'm sure others have their own preferences. And I'm judging primarily based on the M+ driven by Dragonfly Black. The donuts hit the sweet spot.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #6,698 of 7,442
Jan 18, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #6,702 of 7,442
Just got these in and tried them on.

Was listening to my FLC8S and then switched to these when they arrived. For 5 dollars HOLY CRAP. I did not expect much and I definitely did not expect this kind of SQ straight out of the box.

The fit is terrible however and not the best for noise isolation especially if I were to go on the subway in NYC.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #6,703 of 7,442
veclan.com

Their website is kinda confusing... https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4

The Monk comes with a version which has 1 button and a Mic - and another version with 3 buttons... does this also have a Mic?

Are the buds with a Mic just as good as the ones without?

How long is the cable on the Monks?

Cheers! 

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #6,705 of 7,442

Their website is kinda confusing... https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4

The Monk comes with a version which has 1 button and a Mic - and another version with 3 buttons... does this also have a Mic?

Are the buds with a Mic just as good as the ones without?

How long is the cable on the Monks?

Cheers! 

I got mine without the Mic. I use them as beater pair of IEM. I found no need for the mic as they are not my main IEM.

They  don't isolate well and for me, I need them to if I were to use them with a mic and as my main transport IEM.

Just try the 5$ one. Trust me you cannot go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back