[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 18, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #6,707 of 7,442
Originally Posted by cellarbro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine without the Mic. I use them as beater pair of IEM. I found no need for the mic as they are not my main IEM.

Forgive me for the correction - they are earbuds, not IEMs.
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #6,708 of 7,442
Am I right to say that the espresso/coffee versions are merely just aesthetic changes without sonic improvements?

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #6,711 of 7,442
In that theyre limited edition?

Personally I'm not expecting any sound changes, it's sold as the same earbud so I'd be surprised.

Am I right to say, you've got the Candy and you haven't heard any sonic differences, so in that case I'd expect the same...I'm quite happy with the standard Monk+ sound (so I don't want any changes!) and I'm purely buying for the visual overhaul, snazzy looking cables and to have it in a case to match my Asura and Zen.

It's like the Cinderella of the VE buds... works hard and deserves a one off dress-up!

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #6,712 of 7,442
Personally I'm not expecting any sound changes, it's sold as the same earbud so I'd be surprised.

Am I right to say, you've got the Candy and you haven't heard any sonic differences, so in that case I'd expect the same...I'm quite happy with the standard Monk+ sound (so I don't want any changes!) and I'm purely buying for the visual overhaul, snazzy looking cables and to have it in a case to match my Asura and Zen.

It's like the Cinderella of the VE buds... works hard and deserves a one off dress-up!

I have the Candy yes, and many times i have switched it out for a normal Monk+ and not really heard anything different. The Candy definitely has a way nicer cable. Some people insist the Candy has a different/better sound sig but I think you can only really chalk that up to the nicer cable and plug.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #6,715 of 7,442
This has been discussed in length, if you have a good seal yo can tell that there is just a tad bit more warmth to the mids.

But if that warmness comes from the improved connector and cable - the connector being probably the biggest factor in it - than the espresso/cappucino would not have that sound. It is possible but i doubt a 2nd batch of "better" monk+ drivers are made too?

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #6,716 of 7,442
This has been discussed in length, if you have a good seal yo can tell that there is just a tad bit more warmth to the mids.

But if that warmness comes from the improved connector and cable - the connector being probably the biggest factor in it - than the espresso/cappucino would not have that sound. It is possible but i doubt a 2nd batch of "better" monk+ drivers are made too?

I thought they have the same plug and connectors?

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #6,717 of 7,442
I like them more than the candy, but only because you can get them in a balanced version :headphones: :sunglasses: :blue_heart:

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #6,719 of 7,442
It may not be the best/darkest balanced output but it's still better to my ears! ymmv though. :sunglasses:
After all everybody hears slightly differently and taste in music varies too. However I think anything KK and Lee put their hand to sounds great! :thumbsup:

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #6,720 of 7,442
Im reading some of the older posts - some people are saying the Monk Original sounds better than the Monk Plus?

Is this true?

If so - does that mean their latest version in Purple and Coffee will be even worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back