[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Sep 2, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #5,521 of 7,442
  As of a few days ago (before reading this thread) I would only consider IEM's, on ear and over ear headphones. I'm in for two pairs from the VE store. Never thought I'd ever be buying earbuds again. I used to turn up my nose to earbud users. Maybe I was wrong -  I see some benefits...

Yeah, that was me as well (before getting into VE earbuds). Now I hardly ever use IEM's because (a) the VE earbuds sound so great and (b) they are way more comfortable for me (I don't really enjoy having IEMs jammed in my ears).

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #5,522 of 7,442

x3ii is more analytical. plenue d keeps the sound signature of the monk

Today was the first time I´ve listened to my old Monks with my new AK300 Dap and 380 Amp. I´ve always underestimated what more than enough power can do to the Monks. Whhoooaaa, What!!!!  
eek.gif

These babies sing like never before. I mean it. Now I know, why Lee always spoke of "Thundering Bass". So folks, if you really want to know what the Monks are capable of, given ´em enough juice!!

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #5,523 of 7,442

Today was the first time I´ve listened to my old Monks with my new AK300 Dap and 380 Amp. I´ve always underestimated what more than enough power can do to the Monks. Whhoooaaa, What!!!!  
eek.gif

These babies sing like never before. I mean it. Now I know, why Lee always spoke of "Thundering Bass". So folks, if you really want to know what the Monks are capable of, given ´em enough juice!!

it scales. i tried with my qp1r + c5 combo. amazing

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #5,524 of 7,442
My box with a balanced monk, 2 darths and my cable adapters showed up today. Heck YES!!!!!!

It was funny cause last VE box I got i ordered one balanced and one darth. I opened it and was like "crap where are my other monk and adapters?" then went back and saw I had placed an Ali order for the 2 pieces about a week prior and totally forgot about it.

Hope my candy show up soon!

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,527 of 7,442
Hey I chose packet shipping, which says 12-20 day shipping. Is a 2 week arrival date realistic?

I ordered epacket twice to Australia. One package got to me in an incredible 6 days and the other got here in 9 (fully tracked from 17track). Maybe I have been lucky, but that is actually faster than massdrops useless DHL service for the TH-X00 (which basically got stuck for weeks in limbo land without status updates).

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #5,528 of 7,442

Hey I chose packet shipping, which says 12-20 day shipping. Is a 2 week arrival date realistic?

I ordered epacket twice to Australia. One package got to me in an incredible 6 days and the other got here in 9 (fully tracked from 17track). Maybe I have been lucky, but that is actually faster than massdrops useless DHL service for the TH-X00 (which basically got stuck for weeks in limbo land without status updates).

ePacket is actually just EMS by they charge with 1 gram as unit price instead of 500 grams as unit priceon EMS

So it is like a hell of a bargain.

Cheers

Lee 

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #5,530 of 7,442
  ePacket is actually just EMS by they charge with 1 gram as unit price instead of 500 grams as unit priceon EMS

Cheers

Lee 

I have tracking on the Candies (lucky to be in a good timezone for once for this kind of thing).

Departed on 1 Sept, now reached Beijing Postal Center for transfer. Will see if it beats the incredible 6 days I got the Zen :)

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #5,531 of 7,442
I just got 2 Monk+ today. This order was way faster than the previous one! It took less than a month, I'm really pleased. As for the sound... well, what can I say that hasn't been said already? I love them! I ordered one with the extra accessory package, and the ear hooks are great. I'll be using them to satisfy my need for music at the gym and college. Thank you so much for a great product, Lee!

Edit: vocals sound sooo pretty. These are the perfect gift! I got one for my grandpa and he's absolutely in love with them.

Sep 4, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #5,532 of 7,442
  Second vote for the Plenue - you can dial almost any earbud or IEM in with the Jetaudio.  You can dial in the sound you like with the fit you like (bare, foam, ring) on the Monks.

Third vote for the Plenue D

Sep 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #5,535 of 7,442

Cheers

Lee 

I'm in US west coast, assuming it will take longer than yours to Ozzie. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back